Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Michael Cohen prosecutors to get 1 million items from
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 299

Michael Cohen prosecutors to get 1 million items from

May 30, 2018, 10:44 AM

Special Master. So far, 252 have been claimed by Cohen's legal team as privileged or highly personal like medical records.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cohen-prosecutors-to-get-about-1-million-items-from-phones/ar-AAxZM2n?li=BBnbcA1&ffid=gz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pity Ken Star didnt think of this tactic.

May 30, 2018, 10:48 AM

Can you imagine all of the data held by Clint's attorneys relating to WhiteWatergate, Travelgate, Vince Foster, FileGate, BimboGate, etc...

Of course, Ken Star had respect for the attorney-client privilege.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't you a lawyer? You know surprisingly little about

May 30, 2018, 10:50 AM

attorney client privilege. I explained this to you once before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know quite a bit, thank you. I've briefed the

May 30, 2018, 10:51 AM

the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on the issue and won.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're purposely making statement that you know to

May 30, 2018, 10:59 AM

be false.

Perhaps you should have read the article. The attorneys for Michael Cohen, Trump and Trump's Organization have selected 252 items that they feel are protected, some of which are simply personal confidential health related information.

The attorneys for Michael Cohen agreed to the special master and praised her appointment by U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood, calling it a “wonderful choice.”

lol, what else would they do?

May 30, 2018, 11:07 AM

they're saying "thank you sir may I have another?"

They had guns pointed at them and were left with no other choice.

They're not going to publicly criticize Judge Wood. I've been assigned a judge before and publicly say "Judge [name redacted] is an fair judge and we're very pleased with the appointment." Privately, we say God ######, this judge hates IP cases and never even tries to understand them....

All that aside, I assume you no longer claim to be a civil libertarian? did you ever?

but don't take my word for it....

May 30, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Aren't you a lawyer? You know surprisingly little about ]

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/alan-dershowitz-today-is-a-very-dangerous-day-for-lawyer-client-relations

Perhaps you should have read your own article. You would

May 30, 2018, 11:03 AM

have noticed this last sentence - Dershowitz recommended that Trump make a motion in court to take Cohen's materials away from the FBI and make a judge decide what evidence can be used and which cannot.

Counselor, you have made a grievous error that a seasoned and thorough lawyer would never have made.

Could it simply be that the documents & communications ...

May 30, 2018, 12:43 PM [ in reply to pity Ken Star didnt think of this tactic. ]

did not meet the requirements of ACP?

Why does it always have to be a conspiracy or something nefarious?

And yes, both sides need to think about the above question.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. Evidently, Cohen was destroying evidence of a

May 30, 2018, 2:12 PM

crime, which is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Also, the Crime-Fraud Exception says that, as the Supreme Court put it in Clark v. United States, 289 U.S. 1, “A client who consults an attorney for advice that will serve him in the commission of a fraud will have no help from the law. He must let the truth be told.”

It was revealed in court this morning that the Government expects to reconstruct and produce "the contents of a shredding machine" that was retrieved from Cohen's office for the special master in the next 3 weeks.

Replies: 9
| visibility 299
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic