Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know how UGA, LSU and Fla fans felt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,153

I know how UGA, LSU and Fla fans felt

Sep 27, 2012, 9:05 AM

Back when they went 9-3 or 10-2 and either fired (Ron Zook) the coach or the coach was on the hot seat (Miles and Richt), I thought their fans were crazy.

Not that I would want any of our coaches fired or on the hot seat after a 10-2 season, but I now see how they felt. I feel like 10-2 at this point, at least for me, would be a dissapointment. And a win vs the coots is a must.

I see now, they weren't crazy, they just had higher expectations. Expectations we should always have as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their delusional fan base probably hurt them more than

Sep 27, 2012, 9:35 AM

anything else did. They fired coaches who probably could have gotten them to the promised land (NC), but were unwilling to build and wanting instant results. Great programs are built for the long haul not the moment. Case and point--Auburn wins the NC and look at it now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sep 27, 2012, 9:37 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their delusional fan base probably hurt them more than

Sep 27, 2012, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Their delusional fan base probably hurt them more than ]

Well to the defense of gator fans, they fired Zook, hired Meyer and won 2 NC's....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're a young man at 28, CUAtTheFinishLine, and even

Sep 27, 2012, 9:47 AM

somewhat older, I, too, get disappointed with losses...especially losses in the early part of the season. The fact remains that we simply aren't going to win every game, so you learn to accept that fact while hoping for the best. The important thing is for our staff and teams to perform well enough to allow us to "expect" wins rather than merely "hoping" for wins. And if we continue our forward progress, at some point, perhaps, we will be expecting more championships...even another NC! Keep the faith!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're a young man at 28, CUAtTheFinishLine, and even

Sep 27, 2012, 10:45 AM

I think you may be misreading what I said. I was being negative in any way. Just saying that the success is bringing much more expectations and I now see why other fans felt the way we do now.

Re: I know how UGA, LSU and Fla fans felt

Sep 27, 2012, 10:16 AM

Clemson fired Danny Ford after a 10-2 season. How stupid was that. Clemson's last full season with Tommy Bowden was 9-3.

Want me to go on?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know how UGA, LSU and Fla fans felt

Sep 27, 2012, 10:47 AM

I'll agree on the Danny Ford argument. He had much more success than Richt, Miles or Zook had at the time.

But when TB was fired he was 3-3, was blown out by Alabama on a national stage, just lost to both Maryland and Wake and hadn't accomplished anything at Clemson other than kicking the chicken.

It was past time to part ways with TB....

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,153
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic