Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Update: Clemson in Columbia Regional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Baseball Update: Clemson in Columbia Regional

May 27, 2013, 12:08 PM

Clemson in Columbia Regional

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there you go. Time to grow a pair.***

May 27, 2013, 12:09 PM

Re: Well there you go. Time to grow a pair.***

May 27, 2013, 12:10 PM

Time to put up or shut up

May 27, 2013, 12:11 PM

If you cant take the heat, get the **** out the kitchen

May 27, 2013, 12:12 PM

If you cant hang with the big dogs, stay on the porch

Pow!

Now we get a chance to turn around the disappointment of last year.
Go Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jack has got to be pissing his pants.

I'm sorry, folks, he has stunk it up against the coots recently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Jack has got to be pissing his pants.

May 27, 2013, 12:24 PM

#### it, lets face it, not a good place for us. Say what you want, we can't beat USUCK now.

We beat them once already this year. We are better now.

May 27, 2013, 12:26 PM

I think we can beat them again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS

May 27, 2013, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack has got to be pissing his pants. ]

Clemson can beat anybody in this freakin' tournament

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously not NCSU, UNC, and UMiami***

May 27, 2013, 12:33 PM

null

Message was edited by: CUTiger1989®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Obviously-----Clemson won the regular season series

May 27, 2013, 12:38 PM

with NCSt IN RALEIGH, won the first game of the Miami series in Coral Gables and lost the second 2-1, and won game 3 of the unc series IN CHAPEL HILL.

Did you follow the baseball team at all this season???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you follow the ACC tournament this year or the

May 27, 2013, 12:40 PM

FSU series prior to that?

and again, Clemson won the first game IN TALLAHASSEE

May 27, 2013, 12:44 PM

and coulda/shoulda won the second.

I don't think you did keep up with baseball this season or you wouldn't keep bringing up examples of teams Clemson did defeat...........despite the fact they went 0-fer the tournament.

Again, Clemson defeated all 4 of the teams you've selected as examples even though all 4 series were "away" and even won the NCSt regular season series. AGAIN, Clemson CAN beat anybody in this tournament.

Re: and again, Clemson won the first game IN TALLAHASSEE

May 27, 2013, 12:53 PM

dude do you understand baseball at all? Winning 1 game in a SERIES doesnt mean ####. You still LOST the series.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: and again, Clemson won the first game IN TALLAHASSEE

May 27, 2013, 1:11 PM

the stupidity factor is apparently rampant on Tigernet today.....the fact that they beat each of those 4 teams---on their home field---means they can beat them on any given day. And in the regionals, they may not have to play any team but once.

But yeah, I understand college baseball.

Sir, I was have been at 75% of the home games for the

May 27, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to and again, Clemson won the first game IN TALLAHASSEE ]

past 8 years; I have watched on-line or followed on-line when not present at the games. Please quit the insinuation that I don't know what I am talking about.

I have witnessed the past few games where it took 9th inning heroics to beat USC-Upstate. I have watched Clemson fail to produce against NCSU. I have watched the epic collapse against UNC. I have watched the carelessness against a Miami team we should have beaten even though we were dejected by the UNC loss.

Yes, we went 2-1 against NCSU early in the season. Yes, we went 1-2 against UNC. Yes, we went 1-2 against Miami. Yes, we went 1-2 against SCU. What does that tell me? If we go 1-2 again beating ANYONE in the tournament, we are out of the NCAA tournament. And, we both know baseball is partly mental, which, at this state of the season, is not positive going 0-5 in the last 5 games (or, 2-5 in the last seven.)

Well if you go to so many games then you should know

May 27, 2013, 12:55 PM

to wait until the end of the season. Just wait a little while and then whatever you say will have more evidence behind it.

I know enough to know baseball trends.***

May 27, 2013, 12:58 PM

Re: Sir, I was have been at 75% of the home games for the

May 27, 2013, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Sir, I was have been at 75% of the home games for the ]

So yes, Clemson CAN beat any of those teams you just named---in point of fact, they did.

I'm not defending the Tigers play at the end of the season. If you'll look up a post of mine from yesterday, you'll see my view of the late season collapse.

Naturally the fact that Clemson DID beat each of those teams at least once this season doesn't mean they'll beat them again, just that they CAN. Which was the only thing I said.

SCAR losses at the end of the regular season every year...

May 27, 2013, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Did you follow the ACC tournament this year or the ]

what has that done for them? They are a horrible conference tournament team. It doesn't matter.

We beat all those teams this year asshat.***

May 27, 2013, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Obviously not NCSU, UNC, and UMiami*** ]

Hmmm ... 5-12 against said teams.

May 27, 2013, 12:56 PM

My math degrees tells me that is below 50% (41.666666666666666666666666666667% to moderately exact).

it's actually 29%(please tell us you aren't a Clemson grad)

May 27, 2013, 1:26 PM

how embarrassing it would be for us.

Re: it's actually 29%(please tell us you aren't a Clemson grad)

May 27, 2013, 1:39 PM

I hate to be the guy to disagree but actually it is what the above poster stated. 41.66666667 percent. My 4th grade child answered that for me. Lets hope you did not graduate from Clemson my friend.

Re: it's actually 29%(please tell us you aren't a Clemson grad)

May 27, 2013, 1:51 PM

Actually going 5-12 against teams would be winning 29ish% of the time because in baseball that means you played a total of 17 games and won 5.

5/17=29.4...%

Now what the poster might have meant was we went 5-7 against said teams. That would mean we played 12 games and won 5.

5/12=41.66666....%

So really the guy above you is right since the post claimed we went 5-12 against said teams.

he said 5-12,which means 5 out of 17

May 27, 2013, 2:49 PM

nowhere is mentioned a 5-7 record.

I meant we won 5 out of the 12 games we played

May 27, 2013, 3:47 PM

against said teams. Therefore, I am right. 5/12 = 0.4166666667.

you do understand

May 27, 2013, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Hmmm ... 5-12 against said teams. ]

that the fact Clemson was 5-12 against those teams means that they CAN beat them........I don't understand why you're having difficulty grasping that point. We all know the old saying: "On any given day, one baseball team can beat another" and thats what makes baseball great!!

Not sure how much I agree with there being more pressure on the chickens to win than on us......If I'm not mistaken, the Tigers have last 4 consecutive series to chickentech. Time for that stat to come to a screeching halt.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

I understand what you're trying to say and I agree.

May 27, 2013, 3:23 PM

It definitely is possible. To say that it isn't would be to deny basic probability and assume our chance of winning is 0%, which is wrong.

To sum it up to where everyone can probably agree...It is possible for Clemson to beat these teams; however, improbable based on their recent performances.

Thank you ... this is exactly what I have been trying to

May 27, 2013, 3:48 PM

convey. But, some just don't understand percentages.

Re: Thank you ... this is exactly what I have been trying to

May 27, 2013, 4:12 PM

As you desperately seek some sort of validation from the above post, here is Clemson's record this season against the four teams you mentioned

FlaSt--1-2

unc----1-3

NCSt---2-2

Miami--1-3

Now, we've established your difficulty with math---particularly "percentages"---a skill most students acquire around the 3rd grade.

All four series were played at our opponents home field. All four of those teams were ranked in at least one poll when we played them----in point of fact, unc was number 1 in EVERY poll (I believe) when the Tigers visited chapelhole. Its difficult to look at the Tournament games vs unc and NCSt as anything other than home games for those two considering the distance from campus to game site. So, realistically, winning one/third of those away games against ranked opponents might not be looked at as such a bad thing considering the pre-season outlook for the young Tigers...........however, we all know how the collapse of the last two weeks just completely screwed up the incredible ball the Tigers played in late April and early May.

Clemson beat each and every one of those 4 teams even---as I stated earlier---taking the regular season series from NCSt. They can beat them all again. They beat chickentech 1 of the three game series in....yep... away from home. They can do it again. They can also continue in this bad funk they've been in of late. All of us Tiger fans are hoping they get back on those winning ways
I'm tired of proving you incorrect all afternoon. Find another Tnet poster who has a firm grip on the facts and argue with him/.her for a while.

You and I are not on the same page ... and

May 27, 2013, 4:47 PM

apparently never will be ...

LOST season series to FSU
LOST season series to UNC
LOST season series to UMiami
TIED season series to NCSU
LOST season series to SCU

So, no, I am not incorrect. I am correct in my logic. Where you are coming from, I can't seem to comprehend.

The statistical percentage of winning the series at the Regional are not in our favor. Since we will be AWAY, trending percentages are towards in the 30-40 percentile of us winning depending on the weights placed on wins at opponent site, on wins at neutral site, losses etc.

And, I really don't need your validation. As you astutely state, perhaps I should, "Find another Tnet poster who has a firm grip on the facts and argue with him/.her for a while." I know you are making stuff up. I just don't believe you see the trend and past history leading into the Regional. As I stated previously, yes, we can beat any rated team on any given day. Consistency is the key. We don't have that now.

(P.S. NCSU was a different team when we played them earlier in the season. Hopefully, SCU was, too.)

Re: Hmmm ... 5-12 against said teams.

May 28, 2013, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Hmmm ... 5-12 against said teams. ]

How many of those games were at home?

Jack has to prove it...

May 27, 2013, 12:41 PM [ in reply to BS ]

Until he proves he can beat USuC in the postseason, most fans like myself are going to be skeptical of our chances at winning. Plus, were not playing good baseball right now.

Awesome! Bring 'em on! Makes it even more exciting!

May 27, 2013, 12:35 PM

When and what time is this crap going down? Did they announce that yet?

ALL games with Clemson in it will be at noon.***

May 27, 2013, 12:38 PM

Here's the deal....

May 27, 2013, 12:40 PM

Even with the unpleasantness of the past week, including three teams hosting regions of their own, this team is far better than the one the Capons faced in April.

They cannot say the same.

Let this be our statement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect Rev!!!***

May 27, 2013, 12:46 PM

That's what we get for blowing a 5 run lead in the 9th.***

May 27, 2013, 1:46 PM

Re: Baseball Update: Clemson in Columbia Regional

May 27, 2013, 2:19 PM

crush the coots!!!!! this team can get it done.

Exactly. Hate on me if you want, but

May 27, 2013, 2:30 PM

when was the last time our ball club won a game WHEN IT MATTERED in baseball? Sure, they CAN beat them, but WILL they? Post-season choke until they prove otherwise...

It sucks but you're right

May 28, 2013, 8:02 AM

until they actually prove otherwise, they're going to be known as that.

Re: Baseball Update: Clemson in Columbia Regional

May 27, 2013, 3:02 PM

Well I have flushed the disappointment of this past weekend, we owe the COOTS a good old fashion chicken kick'n!

If any of y'all are skeered then just say so !! I ain't !*****

May 27, 2013, 4:17 PM

Re: Re: Thank you ... this is exactly what I have been trying to

May 27, 2013, 4:28 PM

Lol get over yourself. How can you see the screen to type with your mouth wrapped around your own knob? You belittling doucher.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic