Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: SEC Killers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: SEC Killers

Sep 1, 2013, 3:03 AM

SEC Killers

Eighth-ranked Clemson became the first non-SEC team in NCAA history to defeat two top-10 SEC opponents in back-to-back games after they defeated No. 5 Georgia 38-35 in front of 83,830 fans in Death Valley Saturday night. (Joshua S. Kelly-USA TODAY Sports) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely love it!! GO TIGERS!!!***

Sep 1, 2013, 4:16 AM

I like their attitude. This is one game. Great win guys!***

Sep 1, 2013, 7:45 AM

Re: Front Page Story: SEC Killers

Sep 1, 2013, 8:27 AM

Dabo promised we'd make history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: SEC Killers

Sep 1, 2013, 8:45 AM

Beat SCar this year in Columbia and then we will be deserving of this title.

Awesome game last night though. I love it.

Can we focus on real accomplishments instead of contrived

Sep 1, 2013, 9:54 AM

stats like "first team to do x?"

We had an amazing win last night. Dabo and staff did a great job. Even if we had lost, the way we played the game was just outstanding. We started the season in a spectacular way.

Can we act like we've been here before? Like we have our own lofty goals to achieve? Like we actually believe we are a top contender?

SCAR brags about conference this and conference that. We are better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we focus on real accomplishments instead of contrived

Sep 1, 2013, 10:21 AM

Contrived stats are interesting and provoke different ways of looking at things.

I bet that most of the SEC hasn't accomplished the back to back wins over top 10 SEC opponents.

Probably has: Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Florida
Maybe: Auburn, Tennessee
Probably not: Kentucky, USC, TAM, MSU, UM, Mizzou, Vandy, Arkansas

Also, I doubt that anyone has ever beaten top 10 ACC football teams in back to back games. Just a function of low population of top 10 teams.

I hope we can convert this world first into a win over USC.***

Sep 1, 2013, 12:27 PM

Wow. You got issues.***

Sep 1, 2013, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Can we focus on real accomplishments instead of contrived ]

I know...

Sep 1, 2013, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Can we focus on real accomplishments instead of contrived ]

a reasonable response is wasted on you, Tom.

The truth is, many Clemson fans haven't been where we are now, they are just too young to remember or know.. The last few years have seen the SEC become the most powerful conference in the land. We've been getting bounced around by SEC teams for a long time.

Considering that the sports media has coined 'SEC-like,' as a word to compare a player, team, coach, fangroup or stadium to what they've deemed the best, our saying that we've beaten the best (top ten) two times in a row is something to brag about.

As arrogant and you are I'm not believing you don't brag when the circumstances present such a fine opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New Definition for "Pulling A Clemson":

Sep 1, 2013, 2:32 PM

"Pulling a Clemson" is now beating a top 10 ranked team by electrifying offense & strong defense, while having a crowd that is as loud or louder than any other program in the country....that is now the definition of "Pulling A Clemson!!" And, very few programs in the country are capable of that. So, Pull on That Heather Denich & Herbstreit!!!

Next up..

Sep 3, 2013, 11:28 PM

Alabama!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic