Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
While on the "SEC schedule" topic, here's another thing that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

While on the "SEC schedule" topic, here's another thing that

Dec 8, 2018, 12:01 PM

drives me crazy. You always hear USEC fans say - "Yeah, but you don't know what it's like to have to play in Baton Rouge on a Saturday night." Well, guess what - YOU DON'T EITHER.

Or at the very least, not often. LSU rotates onto their schedule once every 6 years. It's home-and-away, so that's once every 12 years they play in Baton Rouge. And it's probably about a 50-50 chance that it's a night game, and I'm being generous. LSU also plays at 1:00 or 3:30 or whatever, depending on the TV networks. So that's roughly about once every 24 years that USEC has a night game in Baton Rouge.

ONCE EVERY 24 YEARS. ONCE PER QUARTER CENTURY. But they whine about it constantly....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: While on the "SEC schedule" topic, here's another thing that

Dec 8, 2018, 12:13 PM

Just ignore that noise. Only struggling regional programs resort to that sort of argument.

At this point, we are far beyond having to engage that line-of-thinking. We play the best programs nationally on the biggest stages.

We are an elite national program and are recognized as such by EVERYBODY. Even if some provincial types refuse to ADMIT they recognize it, they actually do

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know. It still drives me apechit. As I said in another thread

Dec 8, 2018, 6:34 PM

... we're probably getting ready to play Bama for the 4th year in a row. And they haven't played em since 2011. But they get to complain about their "SEC schedule". LOL. Good lord, at least back in the day when the ACC had several teams in the Top 10 in basketball... we had to play em. TWICE A YEAR at a minimum, and then again in the ACC Tourney. How stupid would it have been to complain about how tough the ACC is in basketball... AND NEVER PLAY EM.

It's like Tampa Bay whining about being in the NL East... but they never have to play the Yankees or the Red Sox. Seriously... you can't make this up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

They get bama Clemson and Uga next year

Dec 8, 2018, 6:37 PM

So at least next year they have a valid argument. The funny thing is not one of them will predict 3 losses

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they don’t know what it’s like to play in...

Dec 8, 2018, 6:42 PM

National Championships on Monday nights.

Sorry, but that’s a weeee bit tougher than any game the coots have ever played.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why you lie?

Dec 8, 2018, 7:41 PM

If you talked to a USuCk fan about Baton Rouge you know they'd call it the real death valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what the coots don’t get when they start that discussion

Dec 8, 2018, 7:58 PM

If they think we recruit on a high level now just imagine what Dabo and company could do with the allure of playing in the $EC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic