Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I keep hearing this well Morris changed the offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,285

I keep hearing this well Morris changed the offense

Sep 23, 2012, 1:12 PM

in one year. To those who are saying that obviously don't know the game of football. If you have a player like Sammy on offense, you can change the offense. Defense you have to have 5 really good players to make the defense change in one year. You can't compare offense and defense, as you look at what Morris has and the stars and weapons on offense to work with. Name one player on our defense who is a star right now? You can't judge Venables based on 4 games in which non of these are his players, look at what is being brought in on defense. You look at our DL, it just doesn't have the explosive players you need. But they're coming and if Adams signs, we will have the best DL class ever and the DL woes will be fixed. The guys playing right now are really 2nd team guys, but could get better as they are young. Goodman just isn't a starter, Crawford looks a little too slow. You have to have explosive DE and Daniel and Nkemdiche are those. Problem is people can't be patient today and if you can take off the blinders you can see it is getting fixed, just have to bring in the talent. Venables will get it done and there was a reason he was at OU since 1999, the guy is a great DC, but you gotta give him some time.

It was just shameful reading some of the crap posted last night by so called fans. Just don't understand the game of football. I was proud that Clemson came out and had a 28-14 lead in that incredible environment and took it to the #1 defense in the country. Thing is if that were a home game, we win as the crowd and momentum was just too hard to over come. But look at the schedule, our toughest games are at home and the road games which are hard to win are Wake, Duke, BC are the road games left, we're still in it, just step back from the cliff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:M. Adams is the type of player that we need***

Sep 23, 2012, 1:19 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, so keep the faith TiGER Nation...our day will come**

Sep 23, 2012, 1:21 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pagano, Watkins, Reader and Adams would be mosters and

Sep 23, 2012, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re:M. Adams is the type of player that we need*** ]

that will change the defense along with Nkemdiche and Daniel. Not to mention Lawson and Aiken, that is great depth and very good talent. It's coming and if you can see, you know it, too many are just too impatient and can't se

Re: Pagano, Watkins, Reader and Adams would be mosters and

Sep 23, 2012, 2:00 PM

Just in time for sammy, nuke, and tajh to leave.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Re: I keep hearing this well Morris changed the offense

Sep 23, 2012, 1:21 PM

Good post. I agree.

We are in the BCS race.

Sep 23, 2012, 1:23 PM

We are out of the ACC race. No way FSU loses two ACC games, which is what it would take for us to get back in it. Still, I'll take 11-1, a stompin of Scar, and an at-large Sugar Bowl berth.

They still have at VT, NC state and Miami

Sep 23, 2012, 1:27 PM

lets not concede anything

Sep 23, 2012, 1:23 PM

You are 100% correct with your statement. Glad someone else out there sees the big picture!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I don't understand football. I thought we would see

Sep 23, 2012, 1:25 PM

Some improvement. I understand it takes time, but if anything, we've gotten worse. If he doesn't start playing guys like Townsend and steward next week, I think we have a real problem on our hands. No reason why steward shouldn't have been in that game last night. He was playing against the team everyone wanted him to play for and in front of his family and friends...could have motivated him to go off last night. I just don't understand BV's decisions. But, maybe I just don't understand the game of football as you say.

We lost the 3 best players on the defense

Sep 23, 2012, 1:28 PM

in Branch who was explosive, Thompson and our best CB in Cody. Venables can't wave a magic wand in 4 games.

Re: We lost the 3 best players on the defense

Sep 23, 2012, 2:01 PM

Our 4* and 5* LBs are on the bench in favor of upperclassmen who aren't that good

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Sep 23, 2012, 1:27 PM

Yeah, but but but .....

Sep 23, 2012, 1:41 PM

I completely agree. I think some people are worried that by the time we get the defense turned around, our current stars on offense (Tajh, Nuk, Andre, and Sammy) will be gone and very possibly Morris as well. While you can't replace a Sammy Watkins, I don't think there will be much of a drop off in talent on offense with the players we have brought in and are currently committed.

That's a huge concern. If we had a d, we could make a run

Sep 23, 2012, 1:48 PM

For a national championship. Our offense is that good

Adams could really change the entire defense

Sep 23, 2012, 1:43 PM

I personally think the entire defense can either be great, or look awful, just by the front 4. If the front 4 cant get pressure on the QB, the Wide recievers are going to get open, no matter how talented the secondary is, its just how football works. BUT, if the front 4 can disrupt the play, the Wideouts just dont have time to get seperation before the QB either has to run it himself or get sacked (as we saw last night) essentially making the Secondary look better.

I think this recruiting class will really make the biggest impact on a defense that I personally have ever seen, especially if M. Adams commits; Daniel, Pagano, Adams, and Nkemdiche would probably all come in competing for a starting spot right away, and bring what I feel has really been missing on this defense for a while, and thats a mean, aggressive, hit whoever's in front of you and not care attitude.

If Adams commits, this really could be the greatest Defensive line class in history.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,285
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic