Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Crownover: Tigers plan to treat Gamecock series as "just the next game"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Crownover: Tigers plan to treat Gamecock series as "just the next game"

Feb 26, 2015, 8:39 AM

Crownover: Tigers plan to treat Gamecock series as "just the next game"

The rivalry series between Clemson and South Carolina is always special and brings along high expectations for both teams. However ,Matthew Crownover and the Tigers aren’t letting this weekend’s series against the Gamecocks add any undue pressure. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not quite the attitude I would want on my team.

Feb 26, 2015, 8:51 AM

Sounds like they plan on plodding thru the season stuck with Jack Leggett. This team is in trouble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he had come out and said this was a huge series

Feb 26, 2015, 8:59 AM

then folks would have complained that Jack will have them playing tight. ###### if you do, ###### if you don't.

^^^ so much this.***

Feb 26, 2015, 9:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just show up and play ball.

Feb 26, 2015, 9:09 AM [ in reply to If he had come out and said this was a huge series ]

Whatever happens, happens.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Glad the football team didn't see USC game that way.***

Feb 26, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to If he had come out and said this was a huge series ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad the football team didn't see USC game that way.***

Feb 26, 2015, 10:18 AM

“At the time I didn’t (realize how big of a win it was). It was still new to me – how big the game was,” Watson told Cheslock. “It didn’t feel real to me even the couple of weeks after because I was still finishing school and getting the surgery, but sitting back and thinking about it now it was really huge because we hadn’t beaten those guys in five years. Me coming in and helping my team turn that streak around is huge.”

that's what clemson's freshman phenom, starting qb thought about the game leading up to it & for weeks after the win. the countdown clocks, stories leading up and all the hoopla were there since he arrived last dec/jan.

they're all important, every single one; i imagine the countdown clocks are as much for you and others as they are for the team.

just win. the psychology of this whole thing is debated constantly, i think that's all IPTAY is saying. some others would have come out and done just what IPTAY suggested had it been reported as you seem to wish.

Re: Not quite the attitude I would want on my team.

Feb 26, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Not quite the attitude I would want on my team. ]

Please explain what do you mean by, This team is in trouble. Our team has been in trouble the past 3/4 years playing small ball that is only good against teams that make more errors than we do. If and when we do get lucky and have multiple base runners. They will get picked off from poor base running, or they will be left on base until we make two or three quick outs by infield pop ups, or shallow outfield pop ups leaving the runners with no chance to advance. In my honest personal opinion, a major over haul of our baseball program from the to top to the bottom is no less than 2 years past due. What one fan or 10 thousand says or doesn't say can not build a solid program in any sport. And baseball isn't any different. It all starts with good coaching from top to bottom, and good recruiting from top top bottom. I hate saying it as much or more than anybody hates hearing it, Clemson baseball has to have top to bottom changes made. I love Clemson and Clemson sports, and I sure as h&ll wouldn't want to see us changing everything bc of a couple of not so good seasons. All schools will have a couple of not so good seasons every now and then bc of graduation and more than usual juniors leaving for the draft. We have had 4 straight not so good seasons, and if this season turns out like the past 4 have. Jack must be, not maybe, replaced regardless of circumstances. Allow him to retire if that's what he is willing to do. But if Jack doesn't retire or resign at his end of season meeting with D Rad, then D Rad must flat out fire Jack before Jack walks out of D Rad's office. We all will hate that but, at the state of our BB program now, I think that it would take a top name coach 2-3 more years to get us back to a consistent team winning all games that we should be winning, and getting us back to the CWS. It wasn't all that long ago that Clemson Baseball was expected to be in the CWS talk about every year. That type power baseball team we aren't anymore. Most would be shocked if we got close this year, and that's just sad!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't play like it's West Virginia.

Feb 26, 2015, 9:03 AM

Maine. Think maine.

Re: New Story: Crownover: Tigers plan to treat Gamecock series as "just the next game"

Feb 26, 2015, 9:09 AM

Well that's good, don't bother getting fired up and focused on something that matters. We'll be lucky to win 1 out of 3 as usual. Maybe we can get up 6-0 and then say....no thanks in the end. That's Jack's style.

Reedy River Rivalry...such a stupid name...call it what it

Feb 26, 2015, 9:14 AM

is..Palmetto state baseball championship or palmetto state rivalry.

How about treating the game like a coot game and come

Feb 26, 2015, 9:27 AM

prepared to whip some coot ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need DW4 to speak to them

Feb 26, 2015, 9:31 AM

And explain to Jack Leg and his team why its NOT just the next game.

"just the next game" we'll lose in the series with the #####

Feb 26, 2015, 9:45 AM

Please, Jack, just retire already.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turn Down 4 WHAT?

Feb 26, 2015, 10:08 AM

Just the next game is an awful idea...because it's NOT. I can assure you that the gamecocks DO NOT have this attitude.

Re: Turn Down 4 WHAT?

Feb 26, 2015, 10:23 AM

Well, he did not call them the JV team....or according to some he should have.

Re: New Story: Crownover: Tigers plan to treat Gamecock series as "just the next game"

Feb 26, 2015, 10:55 AM

Do we have a clock for this one? :)

It's not just another series!!!!

Might as well call it just the next loss

Feb 26, 2015, 11:30 AM

Thank goodness Dabo doesn't follow this mentality.

I understand what he's trying to say but IT IS NOT JUST

Feb 26, 2015, 11:36 AM

ANOTHER GAME.

Ask Dabo and the FB team if it's just another game.

I just read it again....I don't feel the fire and needed

Feb 26, 2015, 11:40 AM

intensity from Jack.

If Jack and the team are not fired up for this series then not only should Jack be replaced but we need to be looking for new team.

This is gonna get ugly

Feb 26, 2015, 1:10 PM

Cause the Coots really wanna kick our ###. It's not just another game. This weekend will seal the deal for Jacks removal. Gonna be hard to watch.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is gonna get ugly

Feb 26, 2015, 1:21 PM

The idiocy on this board knows no bounds. It doesn't matter what any player or coach says every word will be analyzed and scrutinized by the idiots on the board. Dabo is usually the whipping boy. This place is a sewer that should be shut down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2015, 1:32 PM

But yet, here you are...still posting

Feb 26, 2015, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: This is gonna get ugly ]

why no caps

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 26, 2015, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: This is gonna get ugly ]

If my comments bothered you that much, I wouldn't come around Sunday night. It's not going to be pretty. Just stay in your fantasy land of rainbows and unicorns.

Feb 26, 2015, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: This is gonna get ugly ]

Could not agree more about the negative idiocy in this board. bunch morons who would prefer the Tigers lose so they can say "I told you".

They have no idea h

Feb 26, 2015, 7:59 PM

"Idiots" is a compliment to these mouth breathers.

Yea Bro....

Feb 26, 2015, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: This is gonna get ugly ]

Everybody who thinks we're not a very good team and Leggett is the main reason why, must be idiots. We have no basis for saying that right? And we all "prefer the Tigers lose" just so we can be right. And WE'RE the idiots?

Rainbows and unicorns.......

Re: Yea Bro....

Feb 26, 2015, 8:43 PM

Go Tigers kick some butt! And stick your bats up these negative fans (fan is probably not right....fair weather followers) butts! I am proud to be a Clemson Tiger whatever the outcome this weekend! Focus, play hard, and stay fired up the entire series! Go Tigers!

Well, I am glad I only have a ticket to one of the games.***

Feb 26, 2015, 1:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 26, 2015, 2:48 PM

Trust me,the players know this is a big weekend,they don't have to be reminded by fans and media.Besides not wanting to give the other side some bulletin board material,this is a mature way to look at the weekend.I can promise you,everyone on this team wants to win the series,more than any fan,they have more invested in time an energy than anyone would imagine.Trust me it matters,however all there marbles are not in one weekend.As far as bemoaning this so called "attitude",maybe the fans should realize where the pressure really comes not from Jack(maybe more relaxed than most would realize),but from fans who want to brag about a win to the Gamecocks,while nothing wrong with this,how much are we as fans bringing on our teams .I hope our true fans show up,and are supportive!

Feb 26, 2015, 5:33 PM

Arthur, Jon, and Chandler Jones may be the toughest, most competitive family in sports.

Arthur, who beat Chandler's Patriots in 2013 and went on to win a Super Bowl with the Ravens, offered his little brother a piece of valuable advice before the 2015 Super Bowl.

"My brother actually played in the Super Bowl two years ago and one of his biggest pieces of advice to me was just treat it like another game. It's going to be hard to with all the media and everything that's on tv every time you turn on the tv, but if you go out there with the mind set that it's just another game you should be fine," said Chandler Jones.

The mind set that "it's just another game" Worked out pretty well for Chandler. He shredded the Seahawks offensive line on his way to a Super Bowl victory. Hopefully Crownover and his teammates will enjoy a similar outcome this weekend :). Go tigers!

I'm sure that comment will go over well here.***

Feb 26, 2015, 2:52 PM

it did with me

Feb 26, 2015, 6:00 PM

....meanwhile lets take 3

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic