Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If deshaun watson plays like coaches say and he performs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

If deshaun watson plays like coaches say and he performs

Aug 28, 2014, 1:50 PM

better than stoudt, do u take Watson back out or leave him in. And if that where to happen does cole start again? Its a strong possibility just due to watsons running skills and mobility.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If deshaun watson plays like coaches say and he performs

Aug 28, 2014, 2:01 PM

I like Stoudt, but in terms of sheer skills and athleticism, Deshaun is simply at another level. If he gets in the game and is playing up to his ability, I just don't see how you take him out and put Cole back in. Watson could potentially be a game changer.

Aug 28, 2014, 2:05 PM

I think you def leave Cole in...I mean we can win with both unless of course Cole just $H!t$ the bed, then leave Watson in if hes doing well. I just think if both are working keep doing it, they both bring something great to the offense and I like Coles attitude, he has earned it and think even if Watson does great we will need Cole at some point in the season. I would love to just use Watson in certain packages get him the experience and he is a game changer and doesn't have to play every snap...unless of course Cole just cant handle it but judging from his Demeanor all camp I think we are fine! GO TIGERS

I think by season's end

Aug 28, 2014, 2:02 PM

We see a lot of Watson. But going between the hedges I think we will see 90-100% Stoudt, which is fine by me. We can win with that guy.

I just hope they give him a fair chance against uga unless

Aug 28, 2014, 2:03 PM

stoudt is just showing out.

I'm just not sure you risk bringing Watson into those

Aug 28, 2014, 2:06 PM

conditions. Long term I think you bring him along slowly this year and allow him to have a lot of success to build his confidence.

Aug 28, 2014, 2:06 PM

I would play Watson as little as possible in the UGA game. I don't care if he starts the next game, but Cole needs to play this one for us unless he just crashes-and-burns (which I doubt and have never seen that in him). We are fine with Cole. Watson will get his chances, but should be avoided if possible in this one.

If hes ready hes ready i wouldnt worry about the circumstanc

Aug 28, 2014, 2:08 PM

es If he give us best chance I say play him. Not saying stoudt wont do great and I hope he does. But theres a reason stoudt was a 3 star with few offers and Watson is a 5 star everyone in the country wanted.

Star ratings are garbage. Stoudt has a good pedigree, too.***

Aug 28, 2014, 3:22 PM

Aug 28, 2014, 3:08 PM

I think in hind site the coaches will soon regret all the Watson hype. Yes he's gifted and may be a great player. Right now he's not ready. Like many young QBs he is given what he can handle in practice and scrimmages by that I mean he has a very short list of plays that he may run well. If he had a handle on THE ENTIRE OFFENSE, audibles, protection calls , etc, then he'd be getting first team reps. The last couple scrimmages the only reps he got were one short yardage situation in each scrimmage and a few plays the day Cole sat out the last set when he bruised his knee.

I think the coaches will realize the mess they are creating by telling everyone how good Watson is doing and promising he will play. OR........ It could be that all along they've just been giving GA something to think about so they split time preparing for both QBs. I have a hunch they've been playing mind games with the Bulldogs.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic