Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
georgia's ranking vs clemson's ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

georgia's ranking vs clemson's ranking

Jul 12, 2013, 11:38 AM

why is Georgia ranked in all polls higher? is it the record from last year, bowl wins, conference they are in, opponents they played last year, talent on both sides of the ball, special teams, coaching staffs, history of the programs, media bias, media attention, or is it really just talent? I have tried to look at as many things as I can to compare the two schools football teams and not even discounting home field advantage, I don't see Georgia's program being better. I even see our defense being as good or better, unless they have young talent that has not played step up. once again imo, in a non-biased way, I don't see much if any difference. if you do, please share your info to change my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But...But...But....

Jul 12, 2013, 11:45 AM

They played in "The greatest game of all time last year!"

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They almost beat Bama, so they're considered better than us.

Jul 12, 2013, 11:54 AM

If you beat Bama, you get a Heisman.

The real question is why are you putting any stock in ...

Jul 12, 2013, 12:09 PM

preseason rankings. The story of which team is better will be borne out on the field Aug 31st and not in any preseason poll.

Re: The real question is why are you putting any stock in ...

Jul 12, 2013, 12:27 PM

I couldn't have said it better.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nearly every time I think about preseason rankings I think

Jul 12, 2013, 12:44 PM [ in reply to The real question is why are you putting any stock in ... ]

about us in 2008.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The real question is why are you putting any stock in ...

Jul 12, 2013, 1:46 PM [ in reply to The real question is why are you putting any stock in ... ]

ok, minus the ratings, which program do you think is better right now? but to answer your question about why is to discuss the two teams or programs and PREDICT, which is what polls do, or discuss and state opinions about who will or should win the game. do you have an opinion or do you just want to downgrade a post? I believe the protocol is answer the post after reading or move on. I really don't need anyone to tell me what to worry about. I have enough family members and friends that tell what to worry about, but I appreciate your concern.

Preseason polls are always influenced heavily by the

Jul 12, 2013, 12:33 PM

previous season's results and there's always some bias towards traditional top programs factored in.

Conference they are in.***

Jul 12, 2013, 12:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: georgia's ranking vs clemson's ranking

Jul 12, 2013, 1:55 PM

Pretty much everyone of us will either buy a college football preseason magazine or look up and see what the rankings are. We all know that the preseason rankings don't matter and it will all be settled on the field. In general we do in one way, shape for form do care about preseason rankings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they do this year.

Jul 12, 2013, 2:02 PM

Perhaps not so much to Clemson and uGAY though.

If a team starts in the top ten and loses to two higher ranked top ten teams it's possible they'd get a BCS bid. Imagine a worst senerio, two teams meeting twice in one year and the second meeting being the BCSMNC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cuz they is in SEC

Jul 12, 2013, 1:55 PM

they get extra points for beings SEC. doesnt make sense to me but such is life no reason gettin worked up bout it

I just hit my 200 post. WOW!! Went by fast.

Jul 12, 2013, 2:00 PM

Can't believe how fast they go up!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic