Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just heard Mickey repeat the grades from some expert on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I just heard Mickey repeat the grades from some expert on

Jan 30, 2020, 8:00 AM

the new coaching hires. Jeff Scott got a B. All I can say is,"Lord have mercy on us"..............Just sayin'.

https://247sports.com/Article/Dabo-Swinney-ESPN-coaching-grade-Clemson-football-135191161/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just heard Mickey repeat the grades from some expert on

Jan 30, 2020, 9:22 AM

Never been a head coach, never been a solo coordinator. I'd say a "B" is a fair grade. Its not they said "he's a garbage hire."

Jan 30, 2020, 9:51 AM

Nobody can accurately predict how anyone will turn out as a head coaching hire . There are too many darn variables in it .

There's no reason to even have these rankings if you want my opinion , they don't know what's going to happen with these new HC hires any more than you or I do .
It's talking season again .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 30, 2020, 1:07 PM

I agree with every word, but, if there is a new HC hire that has what it takes to be an A-A+ hire, I would put my money on Jeff Scott bc, he is plenty smart enough to follow the plan that Dabo used with getting Clemson to the top. Jeff Scott will take what he learned working beside Dabo from the beginning at Clemson, and he is smart enough to adjust it to fit UCF!!!

I don't know what kind of a defense that Jeff's teams will have, but I'm sure he will have an offense that will out score most teams that he plays. And he will have "some WR's" that will make it to the NFL from UCF bc Jeff made a name for himself at Clemson coaching up receivers that can play in the NFL!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well if he shows up to coach UCF, he might deserve an F

Jan 30, 2020, 1:21 PM

First part of job is make sure you show up at school that hired you.

Re: well if he shows up to coach UCF, he might deserve an F

Feb 1, 2020, 11:32 AM

Great observation ....... and I agree!:)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you chinese? Cause you Wong!

Jan 30, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I just heard Mickey repeat the grades from some expert on ]

There is a reason to do these ratings and this thread is a perfect example.

Gotta get those clicks. These sports shows have to have something to ramble on about for hours and hours.

Why do you hate mickey?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 30, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I just heard Mickey repeat the grades from some expert on ]

I think he is referring to the fact that if Dabo was a "D+" hire and is now doing this, then what will a "B" hire do to college football in a few years.

Where do you want me to send the steak knives....***

Jan 30, 2020, 10:41 AM

Re: Where do you want me to send the steak knives....***

Jan 30, 2020, 11:07 AM

Just hang on to them.

I would like to hold out for the upgraded prize when I post my next accurate thought in a couple of weeks.

Jan 30, 2020, 9:42 AM

What grade would you give yourself, Spud ? C+ ? BWAHA!,

Jan 30, 2020, 1:14 PM

I don't know that Spud was after a grade, but I just gave you a ---F grade, and that is more than you deserve IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2020, 10:52 AM

Who cares , bub !,

I seem to remember

Jan 30, 2020, 10:19 AM

Yes, I'm pretty sure I remember some young fellow with no head coaching experience named Dabo who wasn't thought to be much of a hire by some "experts", too. How has that worked out?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I seem to remember

Jan 30, 2020, 11:16 AM

Well his last game was a loss , and the refs stole the win for him just before that.

Jury's not all in yet ;)

DB23

Jan 30, 2020, 12:44 PM

Dabo help prove just how full of chit ESECPN really was with anything coming from their employees!!!

Jan 30, 2020, 2:59 PM

Fair amt of the fanbase was unhappy the hire at the time, few will admit this; some will boast clairvoyance, claiming they supported Dabo from day 1, never wavoring, & saw this coming-

'Expert' is

Jan 30, 2020, 6:00 PM

So overused...and unjustified. Moran, on the other hand....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic