Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Kickoff Rule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

New Kickoff Rule

Aug 31, 2012, 8:21 AM

Looks like this will really affect the return game with Sammy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm kind of torn between appreciating the need to protect

Aug 31, 2012, 8:26 AM

the players and hating the wussification of the game. Players are bigger, faster, stronger than ever. There are some nasty collisions in the sport. I can appreciate a rule that reduces the chance of serious, potentially fatal, injury. I hate that the kickoff return has all but been eliminated from the game, however. Why not just start every possession from the 25? (That was sarcasm)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I heard the NFL moving up the kickoffs last year cut down on

Aug 31, 2012, 8:37 AM

concussions by 60% on kickoffs which led the NCAA to adopt the new rule. Hard to argue when they're basing it on health issues. Still sucks though, but I understand.

Re: I heard the NFL moving up the kickoffs last year cut down on

Aug 31, 2012, 8:40 AM

I totally understand. What I hate is that they're systematically making the game a lot less exciting. If it turns out that 90% of kickoffs result in TBs, they might as well just spot the ball on the 25 and do away with KOs entirely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I'd give up the extra 5 yards to keep from kicking to Sammy

Aug 31, 2012, 8:32 AM

seems like that if you are going to have this rule, the other team should start on the 30 vs the 25 on a touchback.

I just hate rules that change a part of the game

Aug 31, 2012, 8:59 AM

Making minor adjustments here or there as far as rule changes is one thing, but this rule basically takes the kickoff out of football. I understand the injury concerns and all that (Though I've still always felt like it's a risk you run by playing football), but you honestly just might as well let teams start at the 25 and not waste your time with people kicking the ball five yards out of the back of the end zone every time.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic