Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney calls out difference in ACC and SEC schedule rhetoric
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney calls out difference in ACC and SEC schedule rhetoric

Nov 5, 2019, 1:12 PM

Swinney calls out difference in ACC and SEC schedule rhetoric

Clemson’s football schedule is taking a beating from the national media ahead of this week’s initial release of the College Football Playoff rankings and head coach Dabo Swinney came to the ACC’s defense in a big way Tuesday. After all, why doesn’t Alabama get dinged for all of the bad SEC teams? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney calls out difference in ACC and SEC schedule rhetoric

Nov 5, 2019, 1:27 PM

I'm like you Dabo. This week I worry about how we will perform in Raleigh, a very hostile environment. Then I'll worry about a good WFU team, and after that I'll worry about the chickens and playing them in another hostile environment. One game at a time. If we get to the ACC Championship game I can then worry about how we'll do there. Worrying about where the pollsters rank us is not worth worrying about though. It can be frustrating for sure, but there's nothing that can be done about their lack of respect for what these players and coaches have accomplished. I know that I, like all Tiger fans, am proud of my school and all that it stands for, including the athletes who represent CU in a large number of sports. They are giving it their all, whether it is recognized or not. So I say Go Tigers and I thank goodness for Dabo's great outlook on life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 1:33 PM

;)

We don't deserve to be in the playoff conversation

Nov 5, 2019, 1:39 PM

because FSU and Louisville suck or something like that.

<###### src="https://giphy.com/#####/l0IyhwEfKdNoUZ1ni" width="480" height="202" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen>

via GIPHY

In reality, he's just trolling Muschamp with those glasses***

Nov 5, 2019, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: In reality, he's just trolling Muschamp with those glasses***

Nov 5, 2019, 2:05 PM

Dabo's an educated man.
Now the media's really gonna hate him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 5, 2019, 2:58 PM

You must not have gotten the memo
They already hate him.
It may add fuel to that fire of consumption, though

Nov 5, 2019, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: In reality, he's just trolling Muschamp with those glasses*** ]

As long as Tiger Nation loves Dabo, who really gives a FK what the media or anybody else thinks about our HC Dabo Swinney. I don't care what they say or how they feel about Dabo bc I love him for what he has done for Clemson, and what he means to Clemson, and FK the people who can't appreciate what he HAS done at/for Clemson FB!!! I hope their jealousy eats a hole in their soul!!!

I just hate He has to answer these type questions

Nov 5, 2019, 6:42 PM [ in reply to In reality, he's just trolling Muschamp with those glasses*** ]

Why should he even have to entertain questions like this?

Truth be told - some people out there don't think anybody other than SEC teams play anybody!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 2:48 PM

I guess the ESPN analysts forgot to tell the sharps out in Vegas that Clemson isn't any good. We continue to be favored to win by 30 to 45 points every week. Also tied for the 2nd most likely odds to make the playoffs. I don't claim to be an expert but I have watched multiple games for ALL of the AP top 6 this season. I haven't seen a team yet that Clemson couldn't match up with.

Nov 5, 2019, 5:26 PM

We might have trouble matching up with the 49’ers .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 2:58 PM

I think this is funny: OOOHH Clemson sucks because they almost got beat by UNC. Well, UNC beat the team that beat the number 3 Georgia team in Athens!!!!AND WE BEAT THEM! We'll never hear that. The other thing that gets OVERLOOKED is the fact that Bama and Clemson have a common opponent that ESECPN points to saying Bama won by a greater margin, really? True but we were winning 24-3 with 6 seconds remaining and our starters had been off the field for over a quarter. I'd love to blow LSU and Bama out back to back in the playoff. They want an SEC team in the final so badly. I'll bet a million dollars we'll play OSU first. GO TIGERS!

Nov 5, 2019, 3:38 PM

It seems super simple to me, but i haven't heard anyone talk about it. EVERY poll except for the Sunday after the conference championship games is for marketing purposes only. I mean- of COURSE bama and LSU are 1,2 - it sets up a blockbuster game. We have no noteworthy opponents left that can be sold to casual fans- so our number 4 ranking is essentially a holding cell because its absurd to "drop us out of playoff contention." We'll be in when the dust settles and the seeding will be based on 2 criteria in my opinion- avoid a clemson vs. bama title game, and ensure an sec finalist...

I'll lay it on the line: if the ACC had a Commissioner

Nov 5, 2019, 4:58 PM

with a pair of b.... and was worth a d..., he'd be leading the charge in the defense of the Conference and in particular, the one team with the best likelihood to be in the CFP this year.

Especially given the media hype and promotion of certain other teams outside our conference.

Then again, I know from 55 years experience what we have dealt with in the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll lay it on the line: if the ACC had a Commissioner

Nov 5, 2019, 9:07 PM

Here Here Hartins, Bing effing GO!!!

Nov 5, 2019, 5:01 PM

Love how Dabo has his National Championship logo sweatshirt on during the presser.

Coincidence? I think not!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 6:27 PM

Every year it's the same old tired crap. Bottom line is that the media hates Clemson because we aren't Alabama! GO TIGERS!!

Nov 5, 2019, 6:37 PM

You gettum, Dabo...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic