Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Iptay Survey on Memorial Stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Iptay Survey on Memorial Stadium

Dec 6, 2018, 4:57 PM

Did anyone that gives to Iptay receive and fill out the survey on memorial stadium? They are seeking feedback for improvements but it appeared to be centered around the premium/club seating locations and amenities and adding ledge seating for drinking and eating while watching the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay Survey on Memorial Stadium

Dec 6, 2018, 5:02 PM

I filled it out. I mentioned:
1). Metal detector line management is awful. Lines were to slow and too long. Needs to be fixed if they’re coming back next year.
2). Need police control of intersections earlier before the game & later after the game. There were times I turned into perimeter rd at 9:00 am before a noon game and the cops were on site, but just hanging out not controlling traffic. Pay the man to get us settled faster!
3). I haven’t forgotten that DRad promised a series of permanent tailgate bathrooms around the tailgate lots. Plumbed buildings with sewer connection with heated/AC space. A phone app to tell us where the porta-johns that have been cooking all day in the sun is not an acceptable substitute.

1st rule of iptay

Dec 6, 2018, 5:06 PM

You dont post about iptay

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: 1st rule of iptay

Dec 6, 2018, 5:09 PM

I'm sorry. Perhaps we should speak a language that only Iptay donors understand.

I got it but haven't filled it out yet...

Dec 6, 2018, 5:11 PM

A couple of things I will mention;

1). The metal detector lines were too slow and long.

2) Add more of the trailer type restrooms with flush toilets, urinals, hot and cold running water and air conditioning in the reserved Lots as opposed to the porta potties. As an example, the ONE (1) that was added to Lot 6 is awesome but it isn't nearly enough. There needs to be at least three more added just like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agree.. area lot people can pee in their trailer parks***

Dec 6, 2018, 5:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I just filled it out and it seems IPTAY is just

Dec 6, 2018, 6:22 PM

interested in luxury area upgrades to the stadium. Every upgrade that is discussed in the survey deals with increased amenities for premium and luxury seating areas that will require and cater to high end donation levels. The survey offers an amenity/premium upgrade and wants to know how much more you are willing to donate in order to get it. I especially like all the questions about what upgrades to the luxury suites are "important" and "not important". Caviar anyone?? While I understand the need to do some of this - what about some upgrades that will benefit the majority people that make up the IPTAY donors (IPTAY level and lower) and who fill the vast majority of seats at the games? Doesn't seem that IPTAY has much in mind by way of stadium upgrades for the regular folks...

As such here is my final survey comment to IPTAY:

"The majority of Clemson fans (and I suspect IPTAY donors) are not folks that can afford most of the luxury type seating upgrades/questions contained in this survey. From the questions in this survey, I'm somewhat concerned that the focus of any Stadium upgrades are targeting the wealthy among us and not the majority of fans who sit in the "regular" part of the stadium. I understand that some luxury upgrades are necessary to raise funds and make the stadium a modern attractive venue, but it is the thousands of "regular Joe" donors (IPTAY level and lower donors) that fill the stands - not the wine sippers in the luxury suites.

A good portion of the Stadium upgrades must be beneficial to the majority of IPTAY donors and not just the affluent folks who can afford to pay more for luxury amenities that the average IPTAY donor will never see. One thing I mentioned earlier in this survey is the need for shade over the North and South stands. Hard Rock Stadium in Miami built an open air canopy system as part of their their stadium renovation that provides shade to 92% of their fans. This is something that is desperately needed at Clemson that would benefit fans of all donation levels - not just those in the luxury suites. Please consider that many of us are already donating as much as we can afford on fixed budgets and adding a bunch of high end luxury upgrades for a select few does nothing for the majority of us sitting in the regular sections of the stadium. After all - it is the regular folks filling the stands that provide the awesome and intimidating game day experience that characterizes Death Valley - not the suite owners."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s 2018 in America

Dec 6, 2018, 6:27 PM

Nobody’s doing anything for anybody that’s not a wine supper in a luxury suite.

I disagree.

Dec 6, 2018, 7:12 PM [ in reply to I just filled it out and it seems IPTAY is just ]

Even though most IPTAY donors and season ticket holders aren’t donating $25,000+ a year (which is true of every school’s fan base), it isn’t unreasonable to make sure those donors are happy. Even if the huge donors are a minority in terms of the number of then, they comprise a significant portion of total dollars donated.

What’s wrong with making sure that everyone is happy, including high level donors? They aren’t the bad guys here, and in fact, they are a huge reason why we have the facilities we do.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I disagree.

Dec 6, 2018, 7:54 PM

You are correct that we all benefit when the "donors" in the suites are happy. All of Clemson athletics requires the big check donations that are recognized in the end zone during the games. The IPTAY folks should poll those guys to find out what appeals to them. IPTAY fees are rising this year and many of us pay for seatbacks to increase our gameday comfort as well as define our seats. I appreciated the reduced drinks, etc in DV but the new giving levels will cancel any savings. We are not wealthy, and my ability to give more is close to the end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just filled it out and it seems IPTAY is just

Dec 6, 2018, 11:47 PM [ in reply to I just filled it out and it seems IPTAY is just ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFt1YiXpn0

Re: Iptay Survey on Memorial Stadium

Dec 6, 2018, 7:15 PM

I need to check Gmail and Tmail, so maybe I missed the data call. But - anything that doesn't address filling up section GG and finding a way to launch balloons that doesn't harm every sea turtle and snail darter in the western hemisphere are non-starters for me. I got a kid there as a Freshman. I'd be willing to pay an Athletic Fee to ensure him a ticket and fill up the fricking Hill on Gameday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic