Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just don't see it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,125

I just don't see it

Aug 28, 2013, 8:05 AM

When I suggested that one of us gets blown out Saturday, most people seem to firmly disagree. And for the life of me, I just think that thinking that's unlikely is kinda silly. My gut is telling me that it is very possible. I agree with both teams being very capable and that it could go either way but seeing how I pull for the tigers, ill give a Clemson scenario.

We all UGA will be having to replace a tin on d. And I believe that their d will end up being very strong too. No doubt. They do recruit well. But are they gonna be ready right out if the gate? I just don't see it. What I do see if them playing well at times and also having major breakdowns. I can see Sammy and Bryant possibly taking it to the house quite a few times. Now of course, in order to blow them out, our d would have to play pretty solid and I really think they will. Will we stop them entirely? Most likely not. But I'd bet on our d before I'd take UGA's totally revamped one. Our d, in the LSU game at least has proved they can step up and preform, UGA's d hasn't proved a thing as a unit. Nothing. So I see our d with a decided edge. And yes I know UGA's offense is good but I see them have to face the stronger d this early in the season. Mix in a possible turnover or two and it's very possible that UGA could get blown out.

If this were later in the year, I'd be more willing to believe in the idea of a very close game but being game 1, I think a blowout is possible. I could see someone winning by 3-4 td's.

Anyway, lets hope we are the fortunate ones and win. But I'm taking Clemson by more than 3 td's.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sry for the typos. Autofill messed me up***

Aug 28, 2013, 8:07 AM

I don't care how "new" uga is on defense, the one thing that

Aug 28, 2013, 8:20 AM

is true about real sec teams is strong d lines. Our offense can't do anything if Boyd doesn't get a few seconds. I can't see us containing Murray and Gurley. The only way we blow them out is if they turn it over a lot.

Re: I don't care how "new" uga is on defense, the one thing that

Aug 28, 2013, 8:35 AM

They will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other thing that makes me respect UGA is that many of

Aug 28, 2013, 9:22 AM [ in reply to I don't care how "new" uga is on defense, the one thing that ]

their players were recruits (offense and defense) that we were trying very hard to get to come to Clemson.

Re: I just don't see it

Aug 28, 2013, 8:32 AM

I see your point. I could see either team getting momentum (both offensively and defensively) and the other team just ending up on their heels. Given home field advantage and the speed of Clemson's offense against the inexperience of the UGA D, I see the momentum leaning Clemson's direction.

I think UGa's game plan will minimize chances for a blowout

Aug 28, 2013, 9:24 AM

If the Dawgs are indeed planning to let the air out of the ball, slow it down and grind it out, possessions for both sides will be reduced. Hence, scoring will be reduced, unless one team or the other collects some turnovers.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't be surprised by anything

Aug 28, 2013, 9:27 AM

Whether we get blown out, they get blown out, or it's a double OT game. The 1st game of the year is always hard to predict.

ur offense must replace 2875 total yards and 33 tds.....

Aug 28, 2013, 9:29 AM

you're beyond delusional. I'll have a blast here next week just lurking observing the meltdown.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,125
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic