Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lunge Virginny-ites: Y'all masked up today?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 656

Lunge Virginny-ites: Y'all masked up today?

May 27, 2020, 9:45 AM

Or practicing civil disobedience?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we supposed to be masking up?

May 27, 2020, 9:46 AM

I thought that was per store or somethin

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Commonwealth of Virginia, not virgins!***

May 27, 2020, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Don't bully my friend like that

May 27, 2020, 9:49 AM

It's not his fault he cant pull

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Hes asking about Virginia

May 27, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Are we supposed to be masking up? ]

Theres an order from the governor that in order to go out in public in Virginia, one must be in a mask. Just an FYI for a friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hes asking about Virginia

May 27, 2020, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

No one:

May 27, 2020, 10:04 AM

Not a single soul:
Me wanting to kiss Ineligible user®:

yes. Except for going to buy mulch a couple times, because

May 27, 2020, 10:25 AM

I would be the only person inside handing the guy my check from arms length in about a 1 min or less transaction, then outside social distancing while getting my truck loaded.

It's a sign of respect for others. Doesn't really protect me, but if I happen to be asymptomatic and contagious, it protects others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Human beings are astonishingly petulant and lazy.

May 27, 2020, 10:38 AM

People refusing to do something as simple and easy as wearing a mask for ten minutes out of their day and equating it with bold resistance to fascist oppression is so embarrassing it makes me want to build a ####### ark.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting concept I heard the other day

May 27, 2020, 10:45 AM

that is we had all worn masks from the start, the economy would not have to had shut down. They estimate wearing masks would have had the same effect on the R factor (how often a sick person infects others.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All you have to do is look at Japan to see that.

May 27, 2020, 10:48 AM

Mask and social distancing immediately would've saved a lot of lives, the power of exponential growth is huge and we (the United States) failed to appropriately react quickly enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instead, we hollered about

May 27, 2020, 11:32 AM

"dang libs takin' away ar' rites!" and stormed a state capitol armed with ARs...which was super effective. Duh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because that was about masks...***

May 27, 2020, 11:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That makes about as much sense as

May 27, 2020, 4:42 PM

mayonnaise soup.

I just don't get it. I mean, I loath wearing that dang mask,

May 27, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Human beings are astonishingly petulant and lazy. ]

I avoid going places on account of not wanting to deal with the mask. But if I'm dealing with other folks I wear a mask. If I have to wear a mask to get my concerts back, I'll do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I agree with you, but here's the thing....

May 27, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Human beings are astonishingly petulant and lazy. ]

A lot of people stop listening to people after they've been continually wrong. Like the Michigan governor, you can't use your boat, but her husband thought he should be able to use his. I can't take any of it seriously anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nail, meet hammer

May 28, 2020, 9:50 AM

spot on assessment.

couple that with the polarization of wearing vs not wearing a mask...i.e. working in my yard w/out a mask makes me a serial killer who wants old people dead...the whole thing is just ######. no logical or critical thinking present to objectively assess the situation and react appropriately.

I personally think the mask is only effective in scenarios where you're in close quarters, which when in that scenario, I'll gladly wear one.

walking around a store, walking outside, keeping distance or whatever the ####, i don't think I need one. has nothing to do with politics, or my opinion of the ###### job of both sides, I just try to logically look at the cost/benefits of the whole deal.

if someone told me i had to wear a mask walking my dog down the road, i'd politely tell them to go #### themselves b/c they're a ####### moron.

flame away

yes, every time I've been out... a few zip codes over, Rt. 1

May 27, 2020, 10:54 AM

the # of cases have been high. Plus got a wife and kids.

Not sure what the big deals is about not wearing a mask. Nike sez, Just Do It!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

civil disobedience begins fri***

May 27, 2020, 11:11 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

technically, yes. For the compliant ones, they're getting a

May 27, 2020, 11:42 AM

jump on things.

FWIW, being in a healthcare setting, APM is definitely wearing a mask, especially as people begin coming in for in-person appointments. Even getting some eye gear.

But, curious minds want to know, will henry not only NOT be wearing a mask, will he also have his sidearm holstered in public view?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i've never open carried i think it can invite trouble

May 27, 2020, 12:45 PM

and i wore a mask early on causes me problems
henry has cardiac and respiratory issues carry a mask with me use it some
it comes off if needed to

I wear a mask.

May 27, 2020, 11:11 AM

And the 1-1/2 hour presentation I listened to yesterday with two doctors just confirmed that we all should.

Both are of the opinion if people wore masks and washed hands, we could fully open the economy right now. Sporting events, concerts, etc.

So go about not wearing a mask, keep the virus transmitting asymptomatically, and prolong the lock-down you loathe so much.

Um, I am wearing a mask. Was just polling my VA peeps.***

May 27, 2020, 12:32 PM

I can't say what I would like to say.....

May 27, 2020, 12:23 PM

Instead I'll say this: that man is the devil and I hope Virginians are smart enough to vote better next time. Vote that tyrant and cronies out before it's too late.

Agreed. If one has any doubt about what an all-blue

May 27, 2020, 12:30 PM

federal government would/could do, look no further than the Commonwealth of Virginny.

Sorry to go all P&Ry.

Then there would be no elected officials***

May 27, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to I can't say what I would like to say..... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

I believe Sweden has the best policy

May 27, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I can't say what I would like to say..... ]

and scientifically appropriate. If wearing a mask makes you feel healthier go for it, but I dont think the science proves them necessary.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200514/explained-why-is-sweden-not-recommending-face-masks-to-the-public

Science has proven them at least helpful.

May 27, 2020, 12:41 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/?fbclid=IwAR3XpY2e5hzRG_qoCoD0zuOv7T-p33gIKFjAnqi7QlRaRAaysNPjwktJ-fI

Re: Lunge Virginny-ites: Y'all masked up today?

May 27, 2020, 12:37 PM

I enjoy civil disobedience. I put old people's lives ahead of that though. I at least put their peace of mind ahead of being rebellious.

Re: Lunge Virginny-ites: Y'all masked up today?

May 27, 2020, 12:54 PM

Yep, I'll wear them when necessary indoors, but outside it comes off ( unless perhaps and the cops are threatening to arrest me or I'm in a crowd, because the mask is useless at that point and does more harm than good).

Just got through biking. Went to Publix and mask kept

May 27, 2020, 12:52 PM

slipping over my ears and off because too sweaty. Stuffed in pocket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our Governor already has a long white mask

May 28, 2020, 6:35 AM

That covers his entire head and is pointy at the top

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our Governor already has a long white mask

May 28, 2020, 9:00 AM

OMG is that real? LOL!***

May 28, 2020, 11:05 AM

How do folks like him in RVA? He's HATED in Red Virginny.

May 28, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Our Governor already has a long white mask ]

I have seen normally mild-mannered folks cuss him.

Replies: 34
| visibility 656
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic