Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sapakoff Calling Shawn Elliott the next Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Sapakoff Calling Shawn Elliott the next Dabo

Nov 13, 2015, 7:48 AM

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20151112/PC20/151119755/1032/sapakoff-south-carolina-might-have-the-next-dabo-in-shawn-elliott

this is hilarious

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sapakoff Calling Shawn Elliott the next Dabo

Nov 13, 2015, 7:48 AM

They have themselves a fat Dabo down there. lol

The dude is no where close.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

plus, they won't be getting any of those big-name coaches on

Nov 13, 2015, 8:11 AM

their wish list, so they might as well start telling themselves the fat ugly cheerleader they have is as good as the Homecoming queen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Now, the articles where Sapsucker said Dabo was a boob.***

Nov 13, 2015, 7:49 AM

That's really a cute little program they have in Cootville***

Nov 13, 2015, 7:54 AM

Nov 13, 2015, 8:18 AM

I really hope they believe that!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 13, 2015, 9:39 AM

I lived in Camden when Elliott was a senior starter on their undefeated State Campionship team. Shawn is well respected by Billy Ammons, his former coach and I might add, a Clemson Tiger. His background under Coach Moore at App. State gave him a taste of a solid program that beat Michigan. The OBS may have quit, but Elliott listened and learned all the while.

Word I am hearing is "wait and see," but in my opinion Elliott could become a coach worth watching. Tanner could save money and give him next year as a try out. My wife and I attend a huge pre-game party here the Friday before the rivalry contest and I'll be very interested in what their fans believe will happen. While he certainly isn't Dabo, Elliott has potential and therefore Tiger fans best be careful what we ask for as it just might haunt us in years to come.

I'd much rather Tanner start fresh with a new coach who doesn't have the connections or knowledge of recruiting and thus has to build from day one. No matter what we think Elliott has the current players buying in and he knows how far the program needs to go to return to what Spurrier created. No matter their choice USuck has a long journey ahead to compete on an ACC-SEC championship level.

Go Tigers!

hahahahahaha, thanks for a good laugh***

Nov 13, 2015, 9:44 AM

Re: hahahahahaha, thanks for a good laugh***

Nov 13, 2015, 12:10 PM

You are welcome! I'm not saying Elliott will be Usuck's next HC, but if he is that likely means he beats UF and Citadel and gives our Tigers a better game than expected. He has learned from three excellent coaches over the years. Personally I think Tanner goes after someone with more experience, but USC fans here can't even get a good vibe where the search is concerned outside of three candidates already listed in the media.

I know thru a former neighbor of Elliott's that he sold his house this past summer because he obviously knew something was forthcoming. Rumor was that Elliott was leaving after this season and that still could be happening, but he certainly wasn't expecting to be named interim coach. Bottom line the next three weeks will answer quite a few questions impacting their staff and program. Just like Dabo or for that matter Brad Scotf as HC, Elliott would have a whole lot to learn and a short time in which to do it! Clemson has been blessed with Dabo's growth and willingness to hire good personnel. Elliott or whomever is hired at USC faces a huge challenge. This will be Tanner's legacy hire as well. All I'm saying is given the opportunity Elliott will run with it successful or not in the long-term. None of us as Clemson fans should anticipate any less.

Go Tigers!

I heard him on the radio this morning

Nov 13, 2015, 8:21 AM

He was telling this long ### story about communicating with John Hoke on the headset, and how they were having these great conversations during the game. Said when he looked at John and John looked at him, they knew exactly what each other was thinking.

Now I know why the OBS used to throw his headset.

Was it "Moral victories are the best"?***

Nov 13, 2015, 9:53 AM

Clemson

Yes, combine this and that stupid hype video and you get

Nov 13, 2015, 8:27 AM

the makings of a re-energized SEC powerhouse.

I was about to say Sappy should get rid of ugly pig

Nov 13, 2015, 8:32 AM

But then it might be the best evar pig of him....lol

"You'll never guess who just farted in the elevator" face.

Nov 13, 2015, 8:36 AM

Never noticed he has a lazy eye, fits right in with the inbreds***

Nov 13, 2015, 9:43 AM

Elliott may be closer comparison to Richard Bell than Dabo.

Nov 13, 2015, 8:37 AM

On January 9, 1982, Bell was formally introduced as the 27th head coach in the history of the South Carolina program. Be had previously served for seven seasons as the Gamecocks defensive coordinator under previous head coach Jim Carlen. After a disappointing 4–7 season, Bell was fired by athletic director Bob Marcum on December 1, 1982.

Sapakoff states that rolling the dice with Shawn Elliott wouldn't be that big of a gamble.

He implies that the SCAR program couldn't get much worse by giving Elliott a shot before moving on to another coaching hire if it doesn't work out.

What we know from the Dabo situation is that even if the hire turns out to be great, you still lose a couple of years of recruiting traction in the process.

For South Carolina football, even making a good decision will leave them treading water in recruiting in 2016 and 2017.

But, making a bad one could set them back a decade.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elliott may be closer comparison to Richard Bell than Dabo.

Nov 13, 2015, 8:39 AM

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. hopefully ray feels that way also. lol

Re: Elliott may be closer comparison to Richard Bell than Dabo.

Nov 13, 2015, 8:41 AM

Tanner has been known to promote from within, see Holbrook.

This could work out very well.

Tanner hired Holbrook when he was the

Nov 14, 2015, 7:26 AM

BB coach, and groomed him to take the reigns of the program. We all see how that's working out. I have all the faith in the world, that "Coach" Tanner will make a hire that we can be proud of based on his past experience! All Tiger fans just need to get out the popcorn and watch it all unfold....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT!! Hire Coach Elliott right now Today, not tomorrow

Nov 13, 2015, 8:48 AM

He'd make an excellent head ######.

Agree! lmao!

Nov 14, 2015, 9:46 AM

ag

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

um, nope.***

Nov 13, 2015, 8:59 AM

Re: um, nope.***

Nov 13, 2015, 9:14 AM

I think this is a great hire! I can see the possibility of some perfect seasons that would rival the one put up by Holtz.

Is there a petition we can sign to help get this guy hired immediately?

Guy's got a mug only a mother could love. Sheesh.***

Nov 13, 2015, 9:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

PLEASE!!!!!! GAMECOCKS LISTEN!!!! HIRE ELLIOT!!!!!!!!

Nov 13, 2015, 9:56 AM

!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a giant ######***

Nov 13, 2015, 10:00 AM

Re: He's a giant ######***

Nov 13, 2015, 11:28 AM

Might be.

He could end up being a wash, but it's worth noting Clemson had our own greatest successes when we promoted a WR coach called Dabo Swinney to replace Former Hot Name Tommy Bowden, and promoted a former OL coach called Danny Ford to replace Former Hot Name Charlie Pell.

I'm a proponent of the notion that if there isn't a slam-dunk out there and you have to gamble, you gamble on the guy you already know. And there just isn't a slam-dunk out there this year...Herman and Fuentes have limited resumes, and Kirby Smart has never been a HC. Any way you go is a gamble...and to go with the Hot Name guys this year means you'd have to pay through the nose, and with a prohibitive buyout that could mortgage your program's future if the guy doesn't work out.

Especially with so many jobs opening this year and so few obvious quality candidates, the Gamecocks might well be better off "rolling the dice" with Elliott. I definitely don't see another Spurrier waiting in the wings right now.

Best of a lot of bad options? Might be, especially this year. Horrific year to be shopping coaches.

Elliot isn't the recruiter Dabo was as an assistant...

Nov 13, 2015, 12:10 PM

Dabo got CJ Spiller here, name a player of that caliber that Elliot has recruited to SCU

Jackoff-n-cough

Nov 13, 2015, 12:14 PM

That's journalistic suicide right there.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I hope they hire Sparky Woods Jr

Nov 14, 2015, 12:29 AM

this article is a joke. Dabo is one in a million, coot interim is a million in one

Love how sappy uses failed pyschological tactics trying to affect game outcomes. Believe, Coots!

Nov 14, 2015, 2:34 AM

Huge game vs UF tmr and you now have a guy JUST LIKE dabo who's about to take your rag tag misfit team straight to the top, starting with the Gators tmr? Seems legit.

Has this guy published any more Clemson articles since the one where he "objectively" somehow fit the C word over a gajillion times into one page?

C'Mon man!

He knows scJR has last pick of the litter of terms of hiring a big name or up and coming coach this yr.

If there is an up and comer left after Mizzou, USC, Miami, VT, UCF, Texas, etc.... he'll be very flawed in that he (likely a successful coordinator at a big school) likely won't be able to lure anyone away from the school he's currently at. Won't be able to sell anyone on working under him outside of a bunch of rising positional coaching stars at the high school level.

Dabo is once in a lifetime. His resiliency, the obstacles overcome and pain endured. His charm and passion - and the authenticity of his Christian beliefs. The genuine passion on display to help his guys become men of high character, hard workers, winners and warriors - is a rare combination - and is essentially why we're number 1 and will finish the year that way.

Easy to talk the talk and fake it for a short while. Much more difficult to walk it. Everyone who sees or hears him can sense it, and in the same regard, spot a fraud and a fake in opposing recruiters, instantly.

Love our guy, Dabo. Would not trade him for any otger coach in America. His combination of all things mentioned and his love for Clemson cannot be replaced.

Truly an inspiring life he's lead, and it infects everyone around him and drives them to do everything they can to achieve their best potential while overcoming any and every obstacle standing in the way along that journey in life.

Nov 14, 2015, 2:41 AM

Why would they hire Elliott? I know their short list starts at Chip Kelly, Kirby Smart, and Bud Foster and then includes John Harbaugh, Tony Dungy, John Gruden, Bill Belichick, and Bill Parcells. It's one of the premiere jobs in college football.

Nov 14, 2015, 2:45 AM

Honestly, what does SCar have to lose? Herman, Rhule, and Fuente will be the top three candidates at quite a few schools this year. If they get any of those three they will be lucky, but this was about the worst possible situation for their fans. Spurrier retired so they could turn it over to a new coach and a dozen other coaches have either quit or been fired, so they keep sliding further down the list of viable head coaching options.

Could you imagine...

Nov 14, 2015, 4:05 AM

anyone giving that snaggle toothed rascal 50 million for a new facility? It's literally laughable to try and compare the two.

Nov 14, 2015, 6:14 AM

Not that I do not agree with some of the sentiments on this thread but the difference between Dabo and some of the posters here is that Dabo would never react by belittling another coach or person.
I truly think that Dabo has built the Clemson program because he brings out the best in everyone and chooses to lift people up even opponents . I think that is why players want to play for him and coaches want to coach with him and administrators and trustees want to give him the tools he needs. Some on here sound just like FGF in reverse. I would be willing to bet that Dabo has already called and wished Elliot good luck and did his best to inspire him.
I love the standard that Dabo has set which is Standard is best!!!
You do not need inferior opponents when you prepare to your standard of best. Some people make fun of Dabo and claim he always says the only team that beats Clemson is Clemson and that he brags. They really should listen because Dabo gives respect to each team sometimes more than they respect themselves but he lives to the standard of best . If you do the best you can give your best effort and focus and get the most and give the most from your talents the wins will take care of themselves. I think recruits hear that and believe that and know that it will help them in life after football.
Go Tigers!!!

Nov 14, 2015, 7:20 AM

Years ago when a teenager at Berkeley High school I met Ken Burger . That was a solid sports journalist for the P&C .
There have never been any others in my time .
Looking at you , SapaCoot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

That's rich since Sapakoff called him a "classless coach on the loose"

Nov 14, 2015, 9:28 AM

after the Clemson buses remark.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Scar-coach-tweets-Clemson-loss-13272

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Shawnbo***

Nov 14, 2015, 9:42 AM

Nov 14, 2015, 9:50 AM

Wrong Elliott. Tony is the next Dabo.

Similar Circumstances, but Elliott is no Dabo. only 1 Dabo.***

Nov 14, 2015, 10:07 AM

Re: Similar Circumstances, but Elliott is no Dabo. only 1 Dabo.***