Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Agent says Martavis Bryant "heartbroken" that he can't play in 2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

FB Update: Agent says Martavis Bryant "heartbroken" that he can't play in 2016

Jul 27, 2016, 2:41 PM

Agent says Martavis Bryant "heartbroken" that he can't play in 2016

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking weed won't help depression

Jul 27, 2016, 2:44 PM

that being said weed should be legal and it boggles the mind that the nfl would test for it.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Really? They are a business and can't set rules

Jul 27, 2016, 2:46 PM

for employees...

just point to where i said that...k thanks

Jul 27, 2016, 2:53 PM

but it isn't exactly what one would call a performance enhancer

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

it boggles the mind that the nfl would test for it

Jul 27, 2016, 3:09 PM

^^^

the fact that i find it surprising and stupid

Jul 27, 2016, 3:59 PM

in no way indicates that they shouldn't be allowed to do it. They can do what they want within reason.

Its just stupid

I know lots of people who treat anxiety with pot.

Jul 27, 2016, 2:49 PM [ in reply to smoking weed won't help depression ]

Whether it truly works or not I don't know.

I hope he gets the help he needs, and comes back in 2017 and just crushes everything in sight.

I've always believed, given his top end speed, size and frame he had the best set of tools b/n him, Sammy and Nuk. If he puts it all together, there is nobody that can cover him. Nobody. Ever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if he could only get that head on straight

Jul 27, 2016, 2:54 PM

I get the anxiety just not depression

Re: I know lots of people who treat anxiety with pot.

Jul 27, 2016, 3:41 PM [ in reply to I know lots of people who treat anxiety with pot. ]

If the depression resulted from chronic stress, which seems fairly reasonable, then it could be a pretty effective treatment according to a study done by the University of Buffalo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/06/marijauna-depression_n_6622126.html

when I get paranoid and anxious, I burn one

Jul 27, 2016, 4:33 PM [ in reply to I know lots of people who treat anxiety with pot. ]

it always helps

actually I don't do drugs but when I did smoke back in the day I never did it for any other reason but to get high

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know lots of people who treat anxiety with pot.

Jul 27, 2016, 9:06 PM [ in reply to I know lots of people who treat anxiety with pot. ]

I hope he gets the treatment he needs for the depression. I just want him healthy and ready to go as soon as they will let him back into the game. We are routing for you !!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

had a 2 cent head at Clemson - still has one....

Jul 28, 2016, 1:42 PM [ in reply to I know lots of people who treat anxiety with pot. ]

and that's just as much a handicap as Manziel's privilege,

or Chris Washburn's lack of intellect,

or Milton Jennings' lack of basketball savvy.

Why does it seem the whole package just doesn't come together too often?

And then, of course, you have guys like Tony Steward

who would drag a broken leg around just to get a chance to play in the NFL.

All I know is that the perseverance, faith, commitment, integrity, and joy

that Dabo teaches is the best, and possibly only way, to make the most of what you do have.

"Tay", or whatever dope-sheatt name he goes by now, should have listened when he had the chance....

at some point it became his own mess, and his own hole to crawl out of.

One thing's for sure, MB ain't a "victim".... no way in hail.....

But it is not. So follow the rules or suffer the

Jul 27, 2016, 2:58 PM [ in reply to smoking weed won't help depression ]

consequences.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way to explain it but it being a coping mechanism

Jul 27, 2016, 3:06 PM [ in reply to smoking weed won't help depression ]

or at least my rationale. Any other option is insane

Re: smoking weed won't help depression

Jul 27, 2016, 6:00 PM [ in reply to smoking weed won't help depression ]

Being depressed and smoking weed only intensifies the depression, that's the way it worked with me back in the day before smoking weed was even close to being accepted even by your friends that wouldn't even think about being around people that did smoke weed!!! I am glad the stoner days are over for me! It is a very expensive habit, and to smoke the good weed, the cost can be more than the payments on a mid size car that's just being burnt up. It was easy to burn 4 or 5 joints a day, and that was with the KIND, the expensive weed, the Hydro!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're just not getting the good stuff, JB.***

Jul 27, 2016, 10:04 PM [ in reply to smoking weed won't help depression ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only there was a way to avoid getting suspended...***

Jul 27, 2016, 2:47 PM

Ignorant statement and an extreme over-simplification******

Jul 27, 2016, 2:49 PM

How so?***

Jul 27, 2016, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ignorant and extreme over-simplification?

Jul 27, 2016, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Ignorant statement and an extreme over-simplification****** ]

To not smoke pot is over-simplification? It's not like he didn't know he would be tested for it. He failed multiple times. It would be different if it was like Elaine from Seinfeld failing the drug test from eating poppy seeds. He smoked weed knowing he would be tested and continued to do so after being caught. I support ALL Clemson Tigers past and present, but he needs to grow up and stop lighting up.

Re: FB Update: Agent says Martavis Bryant "heartbroken" that he can't play in 2016

Jul 27, 2016, 3:01 PM

it's not his heart that is broke, it's his wallet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a feeling he's OK financially

Jul 27, 2016, 3:48 PM

he made right at $1 Million over the the last 2 years. Even if he's already blown through 3/4 of that money he's still doing fine and can live better than most Americans.

Re: I have a feeling he's OK financially

Jul 27, 2016, 4:05 PM

he also has a higher standard of living than most. trust me, his wallet is going to hurt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Canadian weed can be expensive i hear***

Jul 27, 2016, 4:07 PM

no he didn't, he misses a game, he misses a check***

Jul 27, 2016, 5:55 PM [ in reply to I have a feeling he's OK financially ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes he did

Jul 28, 2016, 9:30 AM

I looked up what his salary was for his rookie season and what his adjusted salary was after his 4 game suspension last year (plus signing bonuses). I didn't just pull his contract data like a simpleton.

Re: FB Update: Agent says Martavis Bryant "heartbroken" that he can't play in 2016

Jul 27, 2016, 3:43 PM

It's hard to cry when you know the rules and break them habitually. Hope he stays the course on his road to return, they will miss him greatly. That catch last year where he caught it, flipped, and held onto the ball with one hand behind his leg was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

Jul 27, 2016, 9:07 PM

LEAVE THE DOPE ALONE!! not hard @ all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2016, 4:09 PM

Until the Federal Government changes the law, pot is illegal. You smoke it or posess it, your breaking the law and your gonna pay. I'M paying for it right now. I lost my best friend to a idiot who was stoned out of his mind and came across 4 lanes of traffic and hit him head on. Blood test showed that the driver who hit my friend had heavy and recent use in his bloodstream as well as DNA test. He walked away with no injuries. Had loaded pipe in ashtray and heavy odor on clothes as well as odor in vehicle at time of arrest. 6th arrest for possession and driving impaired. MB new the penalty for multiple positive tests, but continued to do it. I hope he gets his life back on track and gets back to football and stays clean.

Jul 27, 2016, 4:29 PM

I am a big steelers fan and Bryant knew the rules. He got caught once and did not learn his lesson I am one of those that thinks Bryant and Bell both should be cut. Rules are rules and if they apply to everyone in the NFL then let them go out into the real world and find another job that has no rules. The sad part for bryant is this year may have been his one chance to play in a super bowl because most feel this is the steelers year to do it if they are going to get back before big ben is retired or washed up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet a lot of people agree with you

Jul 27, 2016, 4:30 PM

first among them the general managers of most of the other teams in the league.

Jul 27, 2016, 4:31 PM

Quit smoking the #### and you would be playing. Its about priorities. They all know it is illegal to do it in the NFL. He made the decision to do it now he must suffer the consequences. End of story.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2016, 6:35 PM

Really hoping he can get his life back on the right track.....Go Tigers!!!!

"I'll never get over this" (bubble, bubble...)***

Jul 27, 2016, 9:22 PM

Jul 27, 2016, 11:36 PM

I'm sure he knew the rules . He didn't fail the drug test ; he failed the IQ test.

Jul 28, 2016, 12:54 AM

Lots of people in lots of jobs have to pass a drug test. It's required of many of us. I never had any interest in it, but was still drug tested for over 20 years in my career. Never worried about passing them. No worries when your clean. If he had popped for roids, or even the "legal" speed like ripped fuels, stacker etc, I could abide, as it is often used to jack or amp you up. Weed helps no one enhance their game. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I truly hope the light comes on quick as he is very talerted and if I'm not mistaken has several kids to support. However lots of dudes as talented as he have gotten the boot from the NFL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying it would be better if he was a cheater?***

Jul 28, 2016, 9:31 AM

Re: So you're saying it would be better if he was a cheater?***

Jul 28, 2016, 4:20 PM

I woukd say that's over simplifying my post, as in both cases it's cheating. However one drug helps you become a better player, and creates an un-even playing field, possibly giving you and your team an advantage. The other makes you a worse player, and definitely dosn't help your team. Both are cheating in my opinion, but I guess I do actually sympathize with one more than the other. In my career i have a lot of experience with guys trying to become bigger, stronger, faster. However it dosn't cheat anyone else other than maybe the bad guys, and that's always ok. However there are still things that are banned for us nonetheless and I have seen a few guys hemmed up for it. It's bad, but again, I can understand that mentality rather than someone wanting to get high, or that can't cope with life or at least uses that as an excuse much like Ricky Williams did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll agree to disagree

Jul 28, 2016, 5:05 PM

in my mind Tony Mandarich is way worse than Martavis Bryant, but I respect your right to believe otherwise.

I hope "surrounded by the right people" means in rehab or

Jul 28, 2016, 2:27 PM

behavioral therapy, and on proper anti-depression meds under a doctors care, if he is truly clinically depressed. Sadly, have not seen too many of these drug suspensions for weed use end well going forward. Must be a powerful addiction.

Re: I hope "surrounded by the right people" means in rehab or

Jul 28, 2016, 3:24 PM

Unfortunately the side effects for some of the antidepressants on the market are much worse than the side effects of weed

nausea
increased appetite and weight gain
loss of sexual desire and other sexual problems, such as erectile dysfunction and decreased ######
fatigue and drowsiness
insomnia
dry mouth
blurred vision
constipation
dizziness
agitation
irritability
anxiety

Hard to catch a football with blurry vision or train properly if you're nauseous or dizzy.

Hopefully it works out for him and either he is able to treat his depression without medication or his side effects are as mild as possible

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic