Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Condolences from a Gamecock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Condolences from a Gamecock

Jun 13, 2013, 12:20 AM

Hi Tigernet,

College football in the south is a sport unlike any other. The pageantry and passion surrounding the games represents the connection that we as fans (alumni and non-alumni) have to our college. It's more than simply rooting for a team.

I love pulling against Clemson in every sport, and I mean EVERY sport. However, I have no ill will towards the school itself, and I think the majority of Clemsonsonians (is that a word?) do a great job of representing our great state. Howard's Rock is Clemson, and represents all that is good about the university.

Although none of us (I hope) have any idea who did this, I hope justice is served for his crime (sorry ladies I know I'm stereotyping).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for being classy

Jun 13, 2013, 12:24 AM

Hope they catch whoever spray painted your guys' stuff too.

Re: Thanks for being classy

Jun 13, 2013, 12:46 AM

Preesh man. It sucks that a few dbags ruin everything.

Isn't that the truth.***

Jun 13, 2013, 10:04 AM

its being taken far too seriously now

Jun 13, 2013, 12:24 AM

the tree poisoning and this.

Re: its being taken far too seriously now

Jun 13, 2013, 12:42 AM

I completely agree. All the trash talking, harmless jokes and pranks are fun. And most of us, even the most passionate fans, can keep it in perspective. Work, school, bills- life is stressful. For most of us, college football is a giant reward. Carolina games are like a holiday for me- same for most of you guys and gals.

But there's a small percentage of the population that can't separate it. And they cause all the damage. Just the way the world works I guess.

Re: Condolences from a Gamecock

Jun 13, 2013, 1:40 AM

Thank you, Beafraid, for being one of the 10% and showing some class.

Thanks

Jun 13, 2013, 9:47 AM

Some people take rivalries to the point that they are dangerous obsessions.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well stated and thanks!***

Jun 13, 2013, 10:02 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Revenge will be had.***

Jun 13, 2013, 10:13 AM

nm

Message was edited by: tigerdrummer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I hope you are joking.***

Jun 13, 2013, 11:20 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2013, 10:43 AM

Rush to judgement. Why does everyone assume that it another fan base rep that has done the deed. Most crimes (including vandalism) are home grown. I hope it a coot culprit (it would confirm my opinion of that crowd) but could see it as a disgruntled student, a frat scavenger hunt/prank, a no-team small college guy who hates football or any number of sceanerios. I just hope it is not a misguided Tiger fan who is trying to fire up the base. Anything would be better than that. We don't need a Reichstag fire to be the best.

Jun 13, 2013, 10:46 AM

Most vandalism in college sports are not home grown

Take your police stats out of this

Jun 13, 2013, 11:05 AM

OK, no police stats.

Normal sports vandalism from rivals is very visible, note the Willie Billie spray paint and water tower defacement in Easley. In this latest rock case the perp was apparently careful not to be demonstrative. No note, no paint, no "in you face" taunts. Even the Auburn tree incident was meant to be obvious (the tree died after all). Why would a riveal take the risk and not taunt us. It all smacks of a private act for private purposes.

Just saying.

Jun 13, 2013, 11:12 AM

WHAT???? if that dumba$$ hadn't called into a radio station no one would have ever known.

This is not a NCIS case

Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 AM

Exactly. You are making my point. Whoever did this (and it may be a leghumper or a coot) did it for private reasons. If it were a "crazed coot" he would have flaunted his penetration of sacred ground with some in your face coot crap. This guy is out for personal satisfaction. A relatively safe phone call gives him all this personal satisfaction at seeing his deed all over the news and the internet. Not NCIS, just logical. I just think before we make this into next years slogan "Protect the Rock" we need to know what happened. How embarrassing to find it was a Daniel HS student that didn't get an offer after we made it a national campaign. Just asking for a little patience.

Just saying.

It wouldn't surprise me at all...

Jun 13, 2013, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Condolences from a Gamecock ]

If we found out is was one of the campers that was there for football camp. Why? Because I remember being an adolescent boy and doing lots of stupid stuff. Nothing harmful like this, but stupid none the less. The lack of UGA and USC taunts make me think this is a possibility...

This is from the post and courier....

"The day prior to Wade’s report, youth football campers were taking pictures on Sunday, June 2, ending at 4 p.m. There was no damage at that time, so police are investigating the 21 1/2 hours in between the campers’ visit and Wade’s call to the department."

Of course it also it also would surprise me if it WAS a USC or UGA fan.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

It was a coot.***

Jun 13, 2013, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Condolences from a Gamecock ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 13, 2013, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Condolences from a Gamecock ]

Hadn't thought about that. I guess if someone were to just want a piece of eh rock that person would most likely be a Clemson fan. However, if you like Clemson so much that you want a piece of the rock then you would probably respect it enough not to break it. So who knows?

Jun 13, 2013, 11:23 AM

Agree. I am assuming it is a fellow Gamecock fan. Hope he gets the maximum punishment you can possibly get.

Appreciate that beafraid

Jun 13, 2013, 11:32 AM

But remember this: Your program has no tradition. So it's difficult for your feather-headed brethren to comprehend what we're feeling right now.

This is as much a loss for REAL college football traditions as a whole--as it is for the Clemson nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I hope no one ever messes with your fire extinguisher.

Jun 13, 2013, 12:37 PM

Sincerely,

SonsOfClemson

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic