Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer

Jan 5, 2019, 3:50 PM

Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer

SAN JOSE, CA - Clemson running back Tavien Feaster told TigerNet Saturday morning that the idea of a transfer is "out there." "The idea is out there, but I am r Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer

Jan 5, 2019, 3:50 PM

That would suck.

I don’t think anyone should be talking transfers now.

Jan 5, 2019, 3:52 PM

That and draft status can wait until the season is over.

Usually, the ones who talk about it are already gone in

Jan 5, 2019, 3:53 PM

their head

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Usually, the ones who talk about it are already gone in

Jan 5, 2019, 4:11 PM

Exactly

Re: Usually, the ones who talk about it are already gone in

Jan 5, 2019, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Usually, the ones who talk about it are already gone in ]

CM Shack said:

their head

Oh , like Jake Bentley ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t think anyone should be talking transfers now.

Jan 5, 2019, 6:23 PM [ in reply to I don’t think anyone should be talking transfers now. ]

Ehh...yeah, that's what I was about to post. THat's a pretty sh!tty time to be announcing stuff like this or articles being written about it. But I guess someone was going to write about it regardless no matter what once he said it.

Oh well, I don't think he meant any harm by it and was just answering a question. But still, it doesn't insprince confidence and isn't great for moral going into the game.

Axed the question and answered it.***

Jan 5, 2019, 9:06 PM [ in reply to I don’t think anyone should be talking transfers now. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who brought this up and why now???***

Jan 5, 2019, 3:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This***

Jan 5, 2019, 6:02 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who brought this up and why now???***

Jan 6, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Who brought this up and why now???*** ]

The subject has been circulating since 2017 ended.

Jan 5, 2019, 3:56 PM

I hate he’s even thinking about it now. Actually would have hoped everyone that’s playing would have said the only thing on their mind was Monday.

Hopefully he’ll choose not to go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, if that’s his character, is that the culture we have built?

Jan 6, 2019, 3:14 PM

No, it isn’t. This isn’t the culture we want. The culture Dabo has built is based on performance. You play based on performance. Everyone plays. Those with the best skills play the most. Those with the most character work the hardest. Those with the least complain the most. If he isn’t willing to put in the work to be better, just like KB, we don’t need that poison spoiling other players. The KB issue has leaked into Feaster it seems. Which really hurts me, because I’m from Spartanburg. I don’t live anywhere near there anymore, but especially pull for any player from there that much harder. Jalen Hurts has earned my respect because he went back to work. He made himself better. He isn’t that handicapped, one dimensional QB anymore. He can actually throw the football. He stuck it out. He showed character. I would expect that more from our players, not Saban’s. We’ve had one take his ball & go home because he wasn’t able to be the starter anymore. We have one threatening it now. This is disturbing. And, yes. It’s a knock on the players character. When you’re beat out, you don’t give up and try somewhere else. Because it’s going to happen again. Just wait until the pro combine! You think your behind on the depth chart now?! You better put in some work so you’re not the last guy picked! Or, the guy that has to sign a free agent contract for pennies on the dollar! That’s truth. Get off your butt, and put in the work. Be the best. You won’t be third on a depth chart you used to be on top of. Joey Batson says it best:”Championships are won while everyone else is sleeping, when no one else is looking, putting in that extra work when no one else wants to!” Hitting the weights when your buddies are out getting turnt up, as the young boys say. But, if you want to leave because you aren’t the feature back, you aren’t the player that fits the culture Dabo has built. It’s unfortunate, but we will be better off without you Feaster, if that’s the case. Albert Huggins comes to mind of the perfect model of the type of player Dabo recruits. 315lbs. Elite talent. 2nd string his whole career behind arguably the best defensive line in college football history. I’ve wayched him pump up the fans standing on the bench so many times at home games. He never spoke out in frustration. Never threatened transfer. I have a feeling Feaster is about to find himself even further down the depth chart. If he even see the field tomorrow. I wouldn’t play him. People need to really think about what type of message this sends to other players. This is a player destroying himself. They must deal with the fallout. From fans, media, etc., the timing couldn’t be worse. What a selfish move by Feaster.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer ]

Honestly...this noise has been going on for a year now.

Jan 5, 2019, 4:10 PM

Really not that big of a deal. I mean don’t get me wrong, he’s a good college running back. But he’s not elite. He’s not a game changer. He will be passed by Dixon next year, who is a game changer. We will miss Adam choice more than Feaster leaving.

Jan 5, 2019, 4:20 PM

Don't you love those fans that start to tear the kid down under the guise of just telling the truth......

I heard that.***

Jan 5, 2019, 4:31 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did he say that was incorrect?***

Jan 5, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer ]

Re: What did he say that was incorrect?***

Jan 5, 2019, 4:52 PM

Sometimes if you don't have anything good to say don't say it, particularly about kids that have worked hard to make Clemson better. If I met you and your wife and called you fat and your wife ugly you probably wouldn't like it even if it was true.

LJD has shown flashes against teams that have been beat down for 3 quarters. For all we know it will be 60% ETN and 35% Feaster next year. No need to run off a GOOD player or publicly scrutinize a kid. He was a stud out of HS and has not been elite yet but has been FAR from a bust.

this is a message board, people come here to discuss,

Jan 5, 2019, 4:56 PM

maybe the internet just isn't for you

Re: this is a message board, people come here to discuss,

Jan 5, 2019, 5:10 PM

Maybe people should hold their tongue when talking about a 5.8 ypc RB

Why? It's not like his average isn't 4th best among the RBs.

Jan 5, 2019, 5:21 PM

Is that what you expected when they unretired a number for him?

Just bc it’s the internet doesn’t mean people

Jan 5, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to this is a message board, people come here to discuss, ]

Who was being a DBag? He was giving his opinion,

Jan 5, 2019, 5:24 PM

hardly bashed TF, just an honest assessment

Because it sounds like the same thing when

Jan 5, 2019, 5:28 PM

Re: Because it sounds like the same thing when

Jan 5, 2019, 5:52 PM

Disparage him? Lol out loud.

I guess people just hear what they want to hear***

Jan 5, 2019, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Because it sounds like the same thing when ]

Re: I guess people just hear what they want to hear***

Jan 5, 2019, 7:31 PM

Everybody, I mean everybody, knows better than to freely express your opinion! We got past all that old freedom stuff years ago. For the better I’d say. Shush shush now. Rainbows and unicorns, rainbows and unicorns. I hope the announcers for the natty know to use the correct vernacular.

It's a shame somebody has to tell you how

Jan 5, 2019, 9:50 PM

Re: Just bc it’s the internet doesn’t mean people

Jan 5, 2019, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Just bc it’s the internet doesn’t mean people ]

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer ]

Really not that big of a deal. I mean don’t get me wrong, he’s a good college running back. But he’s not elite. He’s not a game changer. He will be passed by Dixon next year, who is a game changer. We will miss Adam choice more than Feaster leaving.

You are WRONG!?!

Jan 5, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer ]

Feaster was elite out of High School. Champion track star, and very dynamic in some of his games as a freshman (I watched him get 1 step on his defender at BC and take it to the house, and that was right after I told my son's mother-in-law to watch this Feaster kid. I had said, "if he gets one step, there is nobody on the field that can catch him". The very next play, he got that step, and about 85 yards later he was in the end zone. He has had some injuries, and he added weight, and maybe, that has contributed to his lack of performance for us, but he can be quite an asset for plenty of teams.

Personally, I hope he stays, but I wish him well, and I say he certainly has the tools to be quite an asset to a lot of programs in the country, including ours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer ]

Feaster is an above average running back that’s overshadowed by an Extra Elite Etienne. We would be great if he was our #1 option.

Jan 6, 2019, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tavien Feaster on possibility of transfer ]

Don't claim to have or know any insight. But whether he stays or goes (after graduation)
You would hope he has let the staff know his plans so they can prepare for it asap

Just saying..

If Feaster transfers will Renfro play RB?

Jan 5, 2019, 4:19 PM

And if so, will ETN transfer when Renfro is named starter?

If Renfro said he was coming back an extra year to RB

Jan 5, 2019, 4:26 PM

I’d believe him. Never doubt that guy!

Re: If Renfro said he was coming back an extra year to RB

Jan 5, 2019, 4:34 PM

dagummit said:

I’d believe him. Never doubt that guy!

Renfro coming back next year to start 4 years on defense

Jan 5, 2019, 4:25 PM

It’s really a shame. A few years ago Feaster would’ve been a very good back for us. It’s just a testament to where Clemson is right now, we have some elite talent in our RB stable and unfortunately it’s pushing Feaster down on the depth chart. He’s run very well for us this year, and as I’m sure everyone has heard, he has our second highest YPC ever, behind, you guessed it, ETN.
Hope he stays, but wish him the best of luck if he decides to go.

Jan 5, 2019, 7:19 PM

This!

Why print this before the game?***

Jan 5, 2019, 4:28 PM

Jan 5, 2019, 4:31 PM

Landing Jerrion Ealy is becoming ever more important

The blowharded moran that asked the question

Jan 5, 2019, 4:33 PM

should be waterboarded.

And talking poorly about Feaster to justify why Clemson doesn't need him is very ignorant. The guy is a valuable component of the team who has played his best football this year. The only reason he is backup is because ETN runs for eight yards or more dang near every play.

Re: The blowharded moran that asked the question

Jan 5, 2019, 4:47 PM

Feaster averages 5.7 yards per carry. We will need him next year. Hope he stays. Dixon is electric, but is still young. Losing Choice (our go to blocker in obvious pass situations) is a big loss as well. Feaster is excellent too at picking up the blitz. There were a couple times against ND ETN only got a chip on his guy causing pressure on TL and Choice was in there the next play.

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 4:49 PM

But I agree it is a ridiculous question two days before the NC. He should have deflected and answered that he isn't thinking about it. End of story.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 7:52 PM

It was David hood

I’d hate for him to transfer

Jan 5, 2019, 5:08 PM

They unretired CJ Spiller’s number just for him. Hope he’ll stick it out with his Clemson family.

Why do you try to stir up #### 2 days before the NC game?

Jan 5, 2019, 5:12 PM

Why can't that question wait till spring or at least next week. If you can't think of a question to ask one of our top backs, ask someone around you. Anyone with some sense and a half a brain can thing of at least a few good questions.

Re: Why do you try to stir up #### 2 days before the NC game?

Jan 5, 2019, 5:17 PM

"Controversy sells papers."

Jan 5, 2019, 5:15 PM

I couldn't blame him if he did. Players want to play, not watch from the side line. He could be the premiere back at half the programs in the country.

I have used Feaster as an example all season of

Jan 5, 2019, 5:16 PM

how not to be like KB. TF will be in every game in some way or another.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jan 5, 2019, 5:22 PM

People have been speculating this all year long because it only makes sense for TF from a playing time point of view. It seems the only thing that will hold him back is whether or not he can graduate by the end of this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't we just have a week, ONE WEEK

Jan 5, 2019, 6:10 PM

Where no one talks about players transferring, coaches leaving, etc. I mean, NO ONE is going to do anything this week. Why even ask the question right now? Why have an article about it?

If I was Feaster, I'd just totally ignore the question and go to someone else's question. If I were TigerNet, I'd not even post an article about it if he did respond. If I were a reporter who gave a crap about Clemson, I'd not even ask about it right now.

Just not needed now. Don't care right now.

My $0.02 fwiw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

usually stuff like this doesn’t bother me, but I agree.

Jan 5, 2019, 8:09 PM

Just a poorly thought out question with unbelievably horrible timing from someone who claims to be a fan of Clemson.

Quit taking the low road and do bettter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: usually stuff like this doesn’t bother me, but I agree.

Jan 5, 2019, 8:16 PM

It's bush league bullcrap is what it is. And reporters for a program at our level should be above it. Total ######### for this to be published.

Jan 5, 2019, 6:21 PM

If you’re not all-in; be all-out in 2019.

I don't get it!

Jan 5, 2019, 6:30 PM

Why transfer if you are just that good? You are on a winning team and you want to transfer, WHY?! What makes these boys transfer? He should stay and finish big for Clemson. Go Tigers,Win on Monday!!

Jan 5, 2019, 6:47 PM

Focus on the game at hand???????

And agreed. If in his head.....

He was in a no-win situation

Jan 5, 2019, 6:54 PM

Once the question was asked, nothing he could say would be the right answer. Anything other than "absolutely not" (or if he had just kept walking) would be interpreted as at least a "maybe" and, by some, as "I'm gone." He could have lied, which would just make him look bad if he does leave. So he gave an honest answer. That's what grown-ups do.

Clemson is recruiting on an unprecedented level. We get a great player, and then a year or two later we get an even better player at that position. We shouldn't be surprised when that first player leaves. No one who aspires to play at the pro level wants to be the backup in his last year in college.

VERY MISLEADING title!

Jan 5, 2019, 7:19 PM

Total BS! Hood asked him the question. To Tavien’s credit he tried his best not to fan the flames. Poor timing by Hood on the eve of the biggest game of the season.

Tha's Hood for you.

Jan 5, 2019, 7:41 PM

Apparently Clemson revoked his free Dipping Dot Credit for Life just before the U5C game. Been a douchesnozzle since.

Hood = desperate amateurism***

Jan 5, 2019, 8:53 PM

What else can you say when you can't even hear the question

Jan 5, 2019, 10:07 PM

I know some 4th graders who could do a better job of producing a video.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he stays.

Jan 5, 2019, 11:55 PM

It took more time for him to heal than he thought it woould. He wanted to be 100% right away and of course that's unrealistic. Then there was the weight gain and his confidence in the knee.

TF has worked his butt off since he came in. I know his college career to this point is not what he envisioned. But next season he will be a bigger part if the offense. If you look at what Choice dod this year, it would be that role. Choice was vital. There were several times last season and this season where the running game was stuck in neutral. Choice stepped in, had a couple of productive 7 yr or so Carrie's and it was the spark needed for the ground game to get moving. Feaster adds power and can be a kind of bruising runner. Etienne runs like a bigger back that can keep his legs moving and get tough yards after contact but Feaster, might be a better 3rd/4th and 1 back. Feaster is the better blocking back as well. I really hope he sees what a vital part of the offense he is and will be next year. He's pretty darn dependable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 12:27 AM

This is exactly why the media is the devil. Absolutely no need to even ask this question right now. Shame you whoever you are. Ridiculous

Jan 6, 2019, 5:58 AM

I agree that I would not have asked the question, but I am looking at it from a Clemson point of view. I have other people around and no headphones, so I don't know if it is actually David Hood that asked the question as some have stated. If it is a reporter that does not have ties to Clemson then right now is when you would expect them to ask. After the game, the answer would be caught up in the noise for anyone other than Clemson fans. It sounds like he gave a mature answer to the question judging from the text. Personally at this point, I would expect him to stay and be a valuable part of the offense next year at this time.

SEE, this is why we can't have nice things.***

Jan 6, 2019, 6:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounded like he was asked IF he is considering it.

Jan 6, 2019, 8:03 AM

The sound on these interviews is sketchy, and I don’t recognize voices, but that’s what I thought I could hear in the video clip.

Reporters who ask if players are considering leaving school early - or how they feel sbout playing time, starter status, etc. - would appear to be fishing for controversy, imo.

To Tavien Feaster’s discredit, he ‘entertained’ the question. He’s been around long enough to know the safe answer, ie., defer and simply say “I’m concentrating on this game.”

If this was/is davidhood® asking this, I am disappointed in him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Sounded like he was asked IF he is considering it.

Jan 6, 2019, 8:11 AM

Transferring has really worked out well lately leaving Clemson for "more playing time".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic