Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SMU is doing us a favor. Chad has run his course here.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

SMU is doing us a favor. Chad has run his course here.

Nov 28, 2014, 2:17 PM

Where has much of our success come from? Wide receiver. Who coaches them? Jeff Scott, not Chad Morris. We had problems with Boyd and Stoudt telegraphing WR's. Who coaches QB? Chad Morris. Who brings in the big time players? Not Chad, it's Jeff Scott.I'm not terribly upset with this news of Chad going to SMU. Make Jeff Scott OC !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of losing the guy who's technically our QB coach...

Nov 28, 2014, 2:23 PM

I saw Brandon Streeter's name mentioned. He's OC/QB Coach at Richmond.

Wonder if he'd consider working under Jeff Scott. Idk if we'd have to make him Asst. OC or something like that along with QB coach, or if he'd even consider since it's technically a demotion if he won't be the OC.

But I wouldn't mind seeing him back in TigerTown.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of losing the guy who's technically our QB coach...

Nov 28, 2014, 3:53 PM

That sounds like a winner.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of losing the guy who's technically our QB coach...

Nov 28, 2014, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Speaking of losing the guy who's technically our QB coach... ]

he would be a big fish(somewhat smaller fish)in a much larger pond with tremendous opportunities; also back @ Clemson

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OC at Richmond to position coach at Clemson

Nov 28, 2014, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Speaking of losing the guy who's technically our QB coach... ]

is not a demotion.

I agree

Nov 28, 2014, 2:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SMU is doing us a favor. Chad has run his course here.

Nov 28, 2014, 2:29 PM

while not impressive of late...i remember our pre Morris Dabo offense

....shudder

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be part of the minority here but I thought Billy Napier

Nov 28, 2014, 2:40 PM

Did a decent job when he was here..I actually went back and watched some of the 2009 Clemson vs Miami game and I liked some of his play calling. Our 2010 offense was a disaster but I feel like that had alot to do with Kyle Parker not playing well bc of his injury and other than nuk, we had horrible WRs. No doubt Chad Morris was a big upgrade but I don't think Napier was as awful as people thought he was

He wouldn't be at Alabama if he was bad. He was sacrificed

Nov 28, 2014, 4:32 PM

To reduce heat on Dabo. Jeff Scott will suffer the same fate if we don't win 9-10 games a year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Billy Napier was too young and inexperienced - improving

Nov 28, 2014, 6:53 PM [ in reply to I may be part of the minority here but I thought Billy Napier ]

I bet at Alabama! Maybe one to look at for future?

That's ridiculous.

Nov 28, 2014, 2:39 PM

Chad Morris is one of the very best offensive coordinators in the business. Just because he couldn't make the car go with only 2 wheels, that doesn't mean he's run his course. When Watson is in there, you see the same brilliant offense we've grown accustomed to the last 3 seasons. If he goes, we'll be extremely lucky if we can land another guy who can make us one of the best offenses in the country. He hasn't run his course at all. That's just silly stuff, denial, lack of knowledge or common sense, or something equally as off-base.

I stand by my statement. Chad needs to move on

Nov 28, 2014, 2:46 PM

while he can. One more mediocre offensive season and he will have a hard time becoming a HC coach at
a quality program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or get a playoff birth, possible shot at a NC then wait for

Nov 28, 2014, 2:49 PM

the big boys to come calling. You can't deny that Clemson is getting some major pieces in place to make that run...

In Chad 's defense,

Nov 28, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to I stand by my statement. Chad needs to move on ]

We have obviously suffered alot of injuries on offense this season. He wouldn't of recruited Cole Stoudt if he was here before Cole committed. He has also been working with a less than average o-line and freshman RBs all season. If Chad kelly was still here, I dont think we would of seen as big of a drop off with Cole starting

Re: I stand by my statement. Chad needs to move on

Nov 28, 2014, 4:35 PM [ in reply to I stand by my statement. Chad needs to move on ]

Like SMU....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You you think with Watson coming back next year, Chad is

Nov 28, 2014, 4:38 PM [ in reply to I stand by my statement. Chad needs to move on ]

worried about having another bad year? Doubt it.

You can't stand by your statement w/o

Nov 28, 2014, 6:20 PM [ in reply to I stand by my statement. Chad needs to move on ]

acknowledging that fact that nobody could have made a functionally awesome offense with a broken steering wheel. The relevant facts speak for themselves - Chad Morris is one of the very best OCs in the entire country, and wanting him gone because we weren't a top 10 team with Cole Stoudt, well, only a dummy would even try to stand by that. You have to look at the bigger picture, assuming you're capable of that.

Enjoy drinking your Kool-aid sport !***

Nov 28, 2014, 7:56 PM

I don't like kool-aid, but if that was your best attempt to

Nov 28, 2014, 8:57 PM

dispute the truth, then you obviously failed. Sorry, but the facts are clear and irrefutable. Talking about kool-aid or whatever only shows you don't really know what you're talking about.

Ok sport !***

Nov 28, 2014, 10:16 PM

Is that your intelligent reply?

Nov 28, 2014, 11:09 PM

Yeah, that's the best you got. Same thing you used to do when you posted with your #### handle. All you could ever say was sport this and sport that but never really say anything at all. Yep, that's you.

Re: That's ridiculous.

Nov 28, 2014, 7:27 PM [ in reply to That's ridiculous. ]

Around here we don't rebuild we reload! Good riddance!

Nov 28, 2014, 3:54 PM

this would be fine with me.....should help us hold on to this great recruiting class we have

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Chad's family doesn't see crap like this. He's a

Nov 28, 2014, 4:20 PM

much better OC than we have had here, but he didn't have the players this year.

Even with the lack of depth, we still have 8 wins. People have a short memory, but
I personally don't ever want to go back to barely scraping by to get to bowl eligibilty.

Re: I hope Chad's family doesn't see crap like this. He's a

Nov 28, 2014, 4:25 PM

They don't care...they're going to be rich!

I agree, however I hope he ends on a High by smashing

Nov 28, 2014, 6:51 PM

coots!

In all things mentioned about Scott

Nov 28, 2014, 7:02 PM

Nobody is mentioning the obvious; his dad was an OC to HC. Means, he may very well not need another OC watch under his belt.

He very well could have his view already in well working order.

AGREE!!!!!!100%***

Nov 28, 2014, 8:23 PM

See that rock over there?

Nov 28, 2014, 8:58 PM

Will you crawl back under there now, or after you lose tomorrow?

Nov 28, 2014, 9:00 PM

My feelings exactly. he did good for us, but the improvements are not continuing. It's time in this case, for new blood.

That's incorrect.

Nov 28, 2014, 9:10 PM

Cole Stoudt wouldn't be playing at Georgia State, and there isn't an OC alive that could have "improved" the offense when you have the mental and physical handicap that Cole became. The offense was running extremely well when Watson was in there. Did you forget that, or are you just a desperate ####?

Why can't people just say "thanks and good luck" when we

Nov 28, 2014, 9:11 PM

have coaches accept other jobs? Hard for some people to understand that EVERY asst. coach wants to become a HEAD COACH and when it happens it means they have been SUCCESSFUL and Clemson has BENEFITTED.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic