Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope Brad does some soul searching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I hope Brad does some soul searching

Mar 17, 2019, 7:32 PM

he more than anyone has to know how bleak next year looks. We will very likely be picked dead last in the league. League play goes to 20 games. 10-12 wins if we're fortunate. Does he really want to endure that type season in year 10 knowing what almost certainly has to occur afterwards? I hope not. He's a good man and coach. He could land another job easily and start with a blank slate. I feel we need that new beginning also.

Sometimes, things just run their course.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope Brad does some soul searching

Mar 17, 2019, 7:35 PM

He should do the honorable thing and proactively request a buyout!

Honorable thing would just walk away NOW and void contract

Mar 17, 2019, 7:58 PM

He doesn't "deserve" any money for the results that he's brought to Clemson...and yes, I know this isn't reality, but wishful thinking.

Re: Honorable thing would just walk away NOW and void contract

Mar 17, 2019, 8:01 PM

jmo, but honorable thing would be to not use your opinion for a personal attack ..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Honorable thing would just walk away NOW and void contract ]

and this guy says he coaches young kids. glad i live nowhere near coachmac. very glad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Honorable thing would just walk away NOW and void contract ]

Why would you wish that? How does Clemson honoring a contract negatively affect you? Your opinion on what he deserves is laughable. Yea, I deserve free gas. Oh wait, that’s just wishful thinking ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 7:41 PM

It would be very hard to get a game changing coach to come in right now, but I do agree that change is needed. I just hope that it isn't just another head coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steve Alford or Thad Motta

Mar 17, 2019, 7:46 PM

we'll need to see who now gets the axe, but not many marquis jobs open. It's time for Clemson to up the ante and bring in a proven head coach

Re: Steve Alford or Thad Motta

Mar 17, 2019, 7:48 PM

Why are y’all so negative. Judge Keller said we are getting in the tournament and once in you never know what could happen. Come on guys a little positive attitude... oh wait we didn’t get in? What the heck Keller you saidnwe were in.

Thad Motta Was Fired at OSU

Mar 17, 2019, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Steve Alford or Thad Motta ]

because his recruiting was substandard so yes, let's hire him.

He had two poor years

Mar 17, 2019, 7:51 PM

He's won huge the rest of the time

Re: Thad Motta Was Fired at OSU

Mar 17, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Thad Motta Was Fired at OSU ]

he also had health issue which may have impacted ability to recruit. I'm honestly not sure the man is physically up to it even after a year off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope Brad does some soul searching ]

It would be very hard to get a game changing coach to come in right now, but I do agree that change is needed. I just hope that it isn't just another head coach!!!

One of the reasons that Marta left Ohio State besides being on more of a hot seat was back trouble.

Don't know if he is any better now?

Mar 17, 2019, 8:06 PM

striperfan said:

he more than anyone has to know how bleak next year looks. We will very likely be picked dead last in the league. League play goes to 20 games. 10-12 wins if we're fortunate. Does he really want to endure that type season in year 10 knowing what almost certainly has to occur afterwards? I hope not. He's a good man and coach. He could land another job easily and start with a blank slate. I feel we need that new beginning also.

Sometimes, things just run their course.

I think all of that soul searching was two years ago with that detailed meeting he had with DRad.

Evedintallylly what ever he told DRad appears to be what was just a temporary fix.

It will be interesting what comes out of the end of season meeting this year?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic