Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 699

Baseball thoughts

Jun 5, 2016, 10:21 AM

Last night was frustrating to watch, but lets take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

What Monte Lee has done in his first year with a team that he was given that (let's be honest) just wasn't good defensively and lacked pitching, is amazing. I liked his hire as soon as we announced it and once we started playing the season I liked what I saw and thought we would go as far as our pitching would allow. Never once did I think we would be where we are now - ACC champs and a national seed.

I don't know what kind of recruiter ML is, but if he can get some decent recruiting classes together, we are only going to get better. Add a few quality pitchers and better defensive players and in a few years we're gonna be really good in my opinion.

We're still not out of this thing, and every win from here on out is just adding to the miracle of a coaching job ML has done. But if we were to lose today and the season be over - remember this season was the complete opposite of a failure and still be really proud of these guys for the season they've put together.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball thoughts

Jun 5, 2016, 10:26 AM

not going to be happy if WCU sends us packing.
We have better talent than them and they should be no problem.

Jun 5, 2016, 10:57 AM

I agree with most everything you stated but my inner child wonders what good is being a national seed if you lose your regional? If we lose, we'll probably be the only national seed to not advance. We've all laughed at the coots troubles but they might just win their regional and take over our super regional hosting rights.....maybe we laughed too soon? Oh well, football season(In my opinion, the only REAL sport) is getting closer everyday, thank God!

I honestly don't know if we deserved

Jun 5, 2016, 11:05 AM

The national seed, I think it's great we got one, but I don't think we are a complete enough team for it

Jun 5, 2016, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Baseball thoughts ]

I have always stated on here, who laughs first usually laughs last. And I have said don't worry about what the coots are doing, spend that time cheering our own team on. Do that, and you don't leave yourself open for a coot to come and laugh in your face. If you want to laugh and gouge our rivals, wait and make sure you have good reason, bc the shoe could easily switch to the other foot and leave toe jam on your face!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 699
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic