Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting. Does a TB vaccine provide some immunity?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Interesting. Does a TB vaccine provide some immunity?

Apr 8, 2020, 9:37 PM

Might be onto something here. Bigly.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/06/has-the-key-to-a-coronoavirus-vaccine-been-staring-us-in-the-face-for-a-century?utm_source=Global+Health+NOW+Main+List&utm_campaign=ded844b2d9-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_07_01_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8d0d062dbd-ded844b2d9-2890801

https://www.globalhealthnow.org/2020-04/could-tb-vaccine-help

Found this website with a global map showing tb vaccine countries. The rona seems to be running rampant in countries with no TB vaccine or very few requirements, and running less rampant in countries where it's required.

http://www.bcgatlas.org/

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks promising

Apr 8, 2020, 9:59 PM

Saw where I think it wasUAB medical school was asking for folks that had gotten the vaccine to register so they could track them compared to the gen pop

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Explains a lot of discrepancies.

Apr 8, 2020, 10:10 PM

It explains Portugal versus Spain. Even Ecuador has more cases per capita and they have the worst outbreak in South America. Per population.

Seems to be consistently much worse in countries without the universal tb vaccine requirement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tozzie Bozborne?***

Apr 8, 2020, 10:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Yeah there have been a few studies in this in the

Apr 8, 2020, 10:45 PM

Past couple weeks that have come to light. It’s not just TB, they’re noticing a pattern for immunizations in general.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't the TB vaccine need to be administered yearly?

Apr 9, 2020, 9:16 AM

I've worked in places that required them, and if you didn't get it done every year, they didn't let you work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could it be that countries where TB vaccines are common

Apr 9, 2020, 9:31 AM

are just healthier countries in general? Better hygiene, better infrastructure, better healthcare, etc?

ROH

Re: Could it be that countries where TB vaccines are common

Apr 9, 2020, 9:47 AM

Quite the opposite actually

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess that actually makes sense and also why we

Apr 9, 2020, 10:12 AM

just do TB tests and not vaccines around here. I did not think that one through.

ROH

If you look at the map, the most advanced countries, and

Apr 9, 2020, 10:40 AM

economies, generally don't require the vaccine, or have stopped requiring it long ago.

One issue is under reporting, and some of these poorer countries that require the vaccine may not be reporting cases sufficiently. But over time it's appearing to be a clear trend the TB vaccine countries don't have this impacting them nearly as bad as it is in countries that never used the vaccine, like us/Italy/Spain/England/France/etc. Then you have Portugal with the least deaths per population and it's right beside Spain. Then in South America you have Ecuador with the worst outbreak per population, and it's the only state in South America that doesn't require the vaccine. Then you have Germany with many cases, but still lower than it should be, and that's because half of Germany, the former East Germany, go the vaccine, while West Germany didn't. Then you have India with a massive population reporting much less cases and deaths than the US.

The map really paints a decent picture that the vaccine appears to help a lot.

Is that the vaccine us boomers got and left the scar?

Apr 9, 2020, 10:44 AM

I assume it does not last forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard it leaves a scar, but smallpox also left a scar too

Apr 9, 2020, 10:48 AM

So not sure. Don't think TB was ever given in the US as a standard vaccine. Smallpox was though.

As a bicentennial baby I was one of the first to NOT receive a smallpox vaccine. They stopped doing them around the time I was born. Both parents got them.

All my kids have gotten it...

Apr 9, 2020, 12:46 PM

as have all my family members. But that could have been the pediatrician's personal preference. We all got it because my nephew in Atlanta had a pediatrician that was worried about the illness coming back due to the number of people who refuse to vaccinate.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that the vaccine us boomers got and left the scar?

Apr 9, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Is that the vaccine us boomers got and left the scar? ]

I think that was polio

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did a sugar cube for polio iirc

Apr 9, 2020, 10:58 AM

but I may not rc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sister of Papa G says the shot was for polio then we got a

Apr 9, 2020, 12:21 PM

booster via sugar cube.

Papa G wrong again. Or half right.

I think that's what I had as well.***

Apr 9, 2020, 12:45 PM

Smallpox vaccine left a scar.

Apr 9, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Is that the vaccine us boomers got and left the scar? ]

I have one on my left arm.

(not mine..I'm not this orange)

Would make sense to explain why kids aren't as affected

Apr 9, 2020, 10:40 AM

They are immunized early and get a booster in the teen years. I had one a few years ago when my nephew was born and my wife just got another one since she's a speech therapist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic