Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson WR leaving the team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson WR leaving the team

Dec 8, 2014, 6:40 PM

Clemson WR leaving the team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guy wasn't gonna play with Cain and McCloud coming in

Dec 8, 2014, 6:42 PM

they're just so much more talented. Just gives us an extra Scholly to use

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah really think this is about PT***

Dec 8, 2014, 6:44 PM

Dec 8, 2014, 9:53 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes ... why? Do you think otherwise?***

Dec 8, 2014, 9:58 PM

I definitely think he is disappointed in playing time since he was a top HS prospect and was highly recruited. We had to beat UGA for his services.

He probably thought he would come in and have a "Sammy Watkins" type of freshman year.

That didn't work out and now we have two guys who have a world of talent coming in with the potential to ensure that Kitt never sees the field at Clemson.

Transferring makes sense.

I heard he was following The Chad to Dallas......well that's

Dec 9, 2014, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Yeah really think this is about PT*** ]

what I heard....good morning TNet

If he's leaving because he doesn't feel at home here then

Dec 8, 2014, 6:43 PM

Good luck to this young man, hope he finds his place. If he's leaving because he feels like he hasn't played enough then he isn't fit for this team. Hope he finds his way.

Re: If he's leaving because he doesn't feel at home here then

Dec 8, 2014, 10:54 PM

Thanks for all your efforts!
Season of Two QB
Questions of Next Year?
Go for the Money but a Education
is of Value in the Long Catch in Life!

Can't blame him, we pretty much wasted his FR year

Dec 8, 2014, 6:44 PM

Why didn't he RS?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think we knew who our break out receiver would be

Dec 8, 2014, 6:46 PM

We knew it'd either be him or Scott though, we were just trying both to see who stepped up the fastest

We played 3 true freshman WRs at UGA and 2 have left,

Dec 8, 2014, 6:51 PM

that is not a good ratio, no matter how it's spun

We only played 2 freshmen WR against UGA

Dec 8, 2014, 6:58 PM

Kitt is seeing the writing on the wall and Priester was way too full of himself and mouthed off at the coaches.

Kitt, Scott and Priester didn't play at UGA?***

Dec 8, 2014, 7:22 PM

Wasn't Priester gone before the season started?***

Dec 8, 2014, 9:50 PM

Re: We played 3 true freshman WRs at UGA and 2 have left,

Dec 8, 2014, 9:07 PM [ in reply to We played 3 true freshman WRs at UGA and 2 have left, ]

Listen, the fact that he didn't see us having a place where he could fit in is a tribute to the rest of our receivers. I'm sure he is a good receiver, but he had a chance to be what our coaches and our team needed. He didn't impress enough, for whatever reason, to get the PT he wanted. Some would buckle down and try harder, others say "to heck with this, I'll go somewhere else that, maybe I can play more, sooner, etc". That's fine. If he were the best receiver option, I'm sure he would get the PT. Clemson hasn't always been that way. I'm glad it is now. Do we want a team made up of guys who get to play because their families give a lot of $$$ to IPTAY, whether they can play or not? I don't think so. There was a time when that did happen, and we were a very poor team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly thought he was gonna see more PT

Dec 8, 2014, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Can't blame him, we pretty much wasted his FR year ]

But he's not the fastest guy and he can't really compete with Williams on the outside.

So why not RS him?***

Dec 8, 2014, 6:49 PM

Pretty simple really

Dec 8, 2014, 6:52 PM

We had no idea how Peake would look (he didn't play) and he was one Mike Williams injury away from seeing big minutes. Plus, we don't need to Red Shirt WR's with the amount of talent we have coming in at the position every year. We made that mistake with G-Hop, and I'm betting we regret it at this point.

Dabo is clear "follow my system or leave" no matter who u r!

Dec 8, 2014, 8:09 PM

Like it or not that is how it is.
What was a full position is now thin!

Re: Dabo is clear "follow my system or leave" no matter who u r!

Dec 8, 2014, 9:13 PM

This? Really? Wow! This guy saw the handwriting on the wall, and he wasn't willing, or able, to believe he could win the spot. It's that simple, really. Some would buckle down and compete harder. Others transfer to a place they think will offer them a better chance. Sometimes (probably rarely) it works. Most times, not so much, would be my guess. I wish him well, but he won't find a better place than Clemson, and he won't find a better, more honest coaching staff than ours. We have a great system, great coaches, and a very bright future. I wish he would stick around and enjoy it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So why not RS him?***

Dec 8, 2014, 6:58 PM [ in reply to So why not RS him?*** ]

Who says they didn't just approach him about red-shirting this next season (possibly academic issues, or to hold back due to current depth)?

Dec 8, 2014, 9:17 PM

I would bet that conversation was had. He must not have seen his opportunities. It's his decision. I wish him the best, but now we move on, and Ray Ray and Dion, seem to suck the wind out of a lot of receiver opportunities. Many thought Kitt did, as well. Stuff happen, people change. Good luck to him.

Dec 8, 2014, 9:26 PM

Best of luck to him. Thanks for being a Tiger!

Here is your 1st TU in over 9 years!***

Dec 9, 2014, 5:28 AM

Dec 9, 2014, 4:20 AM [ in reply to Re: So why not RS him?*** ]

This is what I say every year. People get way to excited over true freshman coming in that has never played a down of college FB. From HS to college is a very big step, and in some cases even a bigger than from college to the pros. And some kids get really over whelmed of how big that jump really is. And the deeper the competition level is in their position, it makes grabbing and holding on to one of the top spots even that much harder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 9:01 AM

Yep! I agree. It is a sign that we are getting where we want to be when great receivers (maybe) can't win a position, because they aren't the best. That is the kind of team I want.

Dec 9, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: So why not RS him?*** ]

Agree. Tells we are building a program when a kid with the abilities of Kitt decides to leave. He doesn't sound bitter, but it does have a ring to it of currently (not counting Cain or McCloud, as it's hard to factor in abilities of what hasn't hit campus yet), he's having issues either academically, personally, or in getting the playing time he came in hoping he could compete for. He had a chance to compete for the spot this season (he was even 2nd level to Williams), and sometimes things just don't work out vs the competition you are up against and you can see the writing on the wall of what it'd take to get there or how long it may be before the opportunity is there when you start counting the new class.

Because he didn't want to. He came here for the opportunity

Dec 8, 2014, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Can't blame him, we pretty much wasted his FR year ]

to play early, he got it and it didn't work out.

Nothing wasted. Nobody's fault. Nobody to blame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because he didn't want to. He came here for the opportunity

Dec 8, 2014, 9:32 PM

Exactly! Some on here, who are not really program supporters, look at this like it's our fault that this didn't work out for him. He got beat out! Plain and simple. I did too, but it wasn't Clemson's fault. I wouldn't say that it was my fault either. There were others better and more dedicated than I. Good for them. Doesn't mean I wasn't any good, and it certainly doesn't mean that Clemson was at fault. It just means that I didn't measure up to the qualities others did. Face it, not every recruit will be "the guy". It is just the way life works. College football should not be about everybody getting a "participation trophy".

Re: Can't blame him, we pretty much wasted his FR year

Dec 8, 2014, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Can't blame him, we pretty much wasted his FR year ]

I think we gave him a shot but just couldn't cut it. Giving a RS would probably have got him out the door quicker. Of the 4 frosh that came in I thought he would be first one out. Good luck to him wherever he goes

Good luck to him, and I wish him nothing but the best

Dec 8, 2014, 6:46 PM

wherever he goes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson WR leaving the team

Dec 8, 2014, 6:48 PM

Good luck...nothing but the best to ya....

It Will Be Interesting To See If He Is.....................

SMU bound?

I think he'll take a long look at Louisville.

Dec 8, 2014, 7:37 PM

2 of his former HS teammates, Shaq Wiggins (UGA) and JaQuay Williams (A&M), transferred there earlier this year.

Re: I think he'll take a long look at Louisville.

Dec 8, 2014, 8:24 PM

we wouldn't release his scholarship to an ACC team, much less one we play every year

4-2-4 transfer.

Dec 8, 2014, 8:43 PM

Clemson to junior college to Louisville.

Saw that one coming. Too talented to sit on the bench...

Dec 9, 2014, 8:45 AM

Hate to lose him, but he has to look out for his own future. Best of luck!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he'll take a long look at Louisville.

Dec 9, 2014, 5:49 AM [ in reply to I think he'll take a long look at Louisville. ]

Excellent point. If Kitt ends up there - something is dirty in Petrino's water. Fired, rehired - where's the leverage?

Re: It Will Be Interesting To See If He Is.....................

Dec 8, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to It Will Be Interesting To See If He Is..................... ]

If he is, good for him. It is obvious that he didn't find a fit at Clemson, so I hope he finds one wherever he goes, even at SMU. He may work well with what Chad has in that program, but obviously, we believed we had something that was a better fit, at the moment. Good luck to him, no matter where he lands. I have no ill will towards him. Only the best for him and his family.

He apparently contacted...

Dec 9, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to It Will Be Interesting To See If He Is..................... ]

Kentucky's freshman QB and one of their freshman RBs...he is friends with both. Definitely PT for him up here.

Hate to see him go. But Kitt you're not going to be great your first year man. Unless you're Sammy and there's not many Sammy Watkins running around. But my guess is he saw Cane coming and didn't think he had a shot. Still think he should just stay and compete. Running away for another team isn't going to guarantee you a spot on the starting line up. But best of luck to you man. Hope and find the right fit.

Dec 8, 2014, 7:06 PM

Unless he going to be a coot or pony or gator.

Dec 8, 2014, 7:29 PM

Yeah not so much a coot. He'd be and idiot if he went to SCAR

Wish he had made a bigger splash--I figured HOPPER out

Dec 8, 2014, 7:18 PM

G-Hop has been a major disappointment IMO & wish it were he leaving rather than Kitt---much more versatile & could be in the mix at KR or PR too. Hopper has had way too many drops & attitude/effort issues to suit me.

Re: Wish he had made a bigger splash--I figured HOPPER out

Dec 8, 2014, 7:41 PM

Glad you arent the coach, you would have kicked Sammy to the curb in his second year.. go away with your negative comments... like the kids arent trying...

Calling Mr. Dumas....anybody home?

Dec 8, 2014, 10:54 PM

Who pulled your string little one?

Hard to start at WR in this offense at 183lbs***

Dec 8, 2014, 7:25 PM

Best of luck to you Sir.***

Dec 8, 2014, 7:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think Chad would love him at SMU

Dec 8, 2014, 7:45 PM

would definitely know the offense

Re: I would think Chad would love him at SMU

Dec 8, 2014, 7:47 PM

exactly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: I would think Chad would love him at SMU

Dec 8, 2014, 8:03 PM

And I don't think anyone could blame him for going to SMU .

Re: This is just a synopsis of society today

Dec 8, 2014, 8:12 PM

Most young people have a now mentality. He has only been here a year. Nobody wants to work for anything with persistence anymore!

Re: This is just a synopsis of society today

Dec 8, 2014, 9:04 PM

Don't know if this is the reason this young man is leaving, but your point is, unfortunately very true.

Dec 8, 2014, 7:52 PM

Good luck to you young man. I wish you the best (unless you're playing us).?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 8:00 PM

I was wondering if this was going to happen. I really hate to see him go, but the kid has to do what he feels is best for him. Best of luck, Demarre. Unless you go to Sackerlina.

Kitt has a bright future - wish him the very best***

Dec 8, 2014, 8:17 PM

Dec 8, 2014, 9:43 PM

Quite a class act. God bless you man.

I thought this article may have been about Germone

Dec 8, 2014, 10:10 PM

Hopper. Concerned that with some of his key drops this year that he was going to see his PT diminish further. He's kinda got himself in a tough spot right now. Maybe Kitt's departure will take some pressure off of him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought this article may have been about Germone

Dec 9, 2014, 6:30 AM

The staff gave Hopper oppurtunities this year and HE DID have drops in KEY situations. Let's hope he plays well in the bowl game and that jump starts his off season for next year. Hopper has major talent and I'm hoping the staff uses him in their game plan for the bowl game.

Glad you were a Tiger. Good luck wherever you go.***

Dec 8, 2014, 10:11 PM

Were lucky to have him and respect him trying to maximize

Dec 8, 2014, 10:43 PM

his opportunities for his future if that is the case. I hope to see the decision is the right one. Good post. +1

Re: Were lucky to have him and respect him trying to maximize

Dec 9, 2014, 12:00 AM

Best of luck to ya' sir***___hope your dreams come through !!!!!!!____thanks for being a TIGER !!!!

Dec 9, 2014, 5:42 AM

He didn't get playing time because Chad Morris' head was somewhere else this entire season. Germone Hopper dropped more passes than he caught - yet Kitt saw little time. And when you add in how much time Watson played at QB - Kitt had very few opportunities to get the ball. I'm still baffled as to how we can go through Spring and Summer thinking Stoudt was THE guy - think it may take me a few more months to get over that one. I still study that Ga Tech game and take away the picks and Clemson wins that game. Grrrrr

Dec 9, 2014, 9:06 AM

Kitt is a good receiver but he knows the Tigers have a wealth of talent and him seeing the field will be about his senior year. Scott emerged as a threat and now you have Cain coming in. He made a smart decision to get out.

Not willing to stick around and fight for playing time???

Dec 9, 2014, 9:32 AM

well....bye

Dec 9, 2014, 9:36 AM

I am sorry Kitt is leaving, but I wish him the best, I hope he is successful wherever he goes.

I didn't know he was so little

Dec 9, 2014, 11:54 AM

when we recruited him i for some reason thought he was bigger. His bio says 6-1 but he looks more like he's 5-9 type reciever. Wasn't sammy 6-2? He's no where near the size as sammy. He's closer in stature to a airese currie or Jacoby ford. And with Artavis and next year RAy Ray...that position is full.

I don't blame him.

Dec 9, 2014, 4:39 PM

Best of luck to U. Wish you would have stuck around and competed for more playing time.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic