Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have some honest questions about our Clemson and the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,110

I have some honest questions about our Clemson and the

Nov 25, 2012, 9:43 AM

rest of the ACC. I rant like everybody else about our defense when we lose but I can't figure out why the ACC as a whole has tanked. Nobody and I mean nobody can beat their SEC rival. We don't have anybody rising to the top, we are ALL mediocre. It doesn't make sense because we recruit the same players, have ranked classes every year and the desire is there at places like CU, FL ST, VA Tech. But the proof is in the pudding. When SC beats us the same way 4 years in a row, is it coaches? player development?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have some honest questions about our Clemson and the

Nov 25, 2012, 9:51 AM

We lose because we don't have the defense that the SEC has. You have to play tough teams to be good. We can't compete against the SEC unless the entire ACC gets great defenses. Either that are we change conferences. We have to get a great defense. We have to be physical. We have to have a GREAT conditioning program. We can't be scared in the big games.

Nov 25, 2012, 10:05 AM

Three answers:
1)Academics.Schools like Duke,UNC,even Clemson to a degree can't recruit the big linemen that are needed to dominate up front.
2) John Swofford.Swofford wants a basketball conference.Why else would he allow Notre Dame to join without insisting on full football participitation? Why would he not have gone after West Virginia?(see # 1)And let's not forget the influence of Tobacco Road.
3)Clemson's own arrogant,unrealistic thinking fan base;a fan base that constantly thinks we will win the N.C. or go undefeated,or think we should be higher in the polls just because we are Clemson.Then when the team doesn't' meet the fans expectations they complain ,and nag that we don't get any respect,or that we need to be in another conference,or we need to fire the entire coaching staff.
I'm certain there are more answers,but I see these three as a big part of the problem.

Nov 25, 2012, 10:07 AM

I think it's money. The SEC has a FAT TV deal. That's why we got a 2 million dollar big screen and Carolina got a 20 million dollar one. As a result they get the players and we get one night game in 2 years... against an SEC team.

two words: academic nonqualifer. Jadaveon Clowney

Nov 25, 2012, 10:16 AM

can't print his own name, but he can play fantastic football. And the SEC has the kind of academic admission standards you would expect from a league in which all the teams other than Vanderbilt are outside U.S. News' top 150. If you want the ACC to become a pro Farm League, then we can chang the standards. Or, we can at least know that our kids have a chance of doing something other than football when they graduate.

Re: two words: academic nonqualifer. Jadaveon Clowney

Nov 25, 2012, 10:26 AM

Clemson was recruiting Clowney up until the end and if you think Clemson would have turned him down because of grades you are as delusional as the rest of the fans that thought Clemson was going to win the National Championship this year and the last 3.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,110
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic