Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, we finally learned something today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Well, we finally learned something today

Nov 30, 2013, 11:49 PM

The biggest, glaring reality that separates us from the elite teams in college football is lack of OL depth and horrible CB's. The past 3 years, we've been able to recruit high-level WR's, LB's, QB's, and even a few DL's this past year. But the one thing that will always be true, and in fact the glue that holds all of the talent a team could possibly have together, is solid OL and shutdown corners. We have neither. My prediction: If Dabo and Co. don't start placing the PRIMARY recruiting focus on 4-5 star OL/DB's, then we can expect heart-breaking ends to promising seasons like we've just done tonight. You CANNOT beat the top teams in the nation if you can't protect your QB and if you can't compete with their WR's. Plain and simple. I'm tired of hearing all about the new "Sammy Watkin's" we have coming in next year. Or the "top QB in the nation" enrolling early in January. It doesn't matter if those recruits are all 5 stars all across the board: they will experience the same misfortunate and disappointment when they get here to Clemson if no one blocks for them and the lack of defense keeps them off the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see your point generally. However, I thought our O-line

Nov 30, 2013, 11:50 PM

played pretty #### well tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No good deed goes unpunished.....

Stevie Wonder is that you?

Dec 1, 2013, 12:04 AM

Tajh was running for his life for the 3rd year in a row.

Thought our CBs did a pretty good job....

Nov 30, 2013, 11:51 PM

couldn't stop QB draw

We've got the the DBs. The'y'll be strength next year***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:51 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I have said this exact same thing for 3 seasons now!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:54 PM

If you couple the fact that we are not solid on OL nor at Defensive secondary with the fact that the SEC regularly engages in 'over recruiting' and cutting of under performers then we'll never compete at the elite level. I don't see us doing the over recruiting thing so we'd better get a rock solid OL and some super fast, tall, and skilled CBs that can go man to man and allow the DL and DBs to shut down the run. Simple as that. If we had this and could have spied Shaw all night we win but we gave up sacks and couldn't stop the 3rd down pass plays. That and the mental state of our team in the big game MUST change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are 100% correct.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:55 PM

We need an O line, a defensive secondary, and a power running back. I don't think we have any 4 or 5 star commits for these positions.

Dabo also needs to hire a high dollar assistant to develop game day strategy.

Re: You are 100% correct.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:58 PM

Well, luckily we do have one of those 3 positions filled for the next few years in Tyshon Dye. The kid was the #12 big power back in the nation last year and is quite a load at 6'0, 225 pound. But yeah, like I said he won't have any impact if he has no holes to run through b/c of a crap o-line.

OL are not typically 5*s and those who are are not 5*s

Dec 1, 2013, 12:01 AM [ in reply to You are 100% correct. ]

That's what I have learned over the past 6 years of watching recruiting.

It may be the coach, it may be the PEDS, but as for the OL *s do not tell the tail.

Offensive line was not at fault. DB's are lacking.***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:55 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turn-overs cost us the game, not the lack of talent.***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:56 PM

Uhm, the DBs are here, the D coaches are here & anyone with

Nov 30, 2013, 11:58 PM

any sense should have known the OL is the last piece to any puzzle.

We did not learn this tonight.

We have the OL Coach, we have some young guys, we just have had some really important loses with Dabo's 1st class, injuries, and in no chance @ JC transfers.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic