Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My non-biased football season predictions...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,289

My non-biased football season predictions...

Sep 9, 2020, 10:21 AM

It's game week. While y'all debate politics and activism, I am looking at the schedule, thinking through our strengths and weaknesses along with our opponents' and coming up with the following non-biased predictions for the season:

Game 1 - Clemson at Wake - Here we go, the start of the 2020 football season!!! And while 2020 has been a major POS, it's time to feel some sense of normalcy, and beating the heyulll outta the Wake Demon Dikkens will help all of us feel normal. I don't like starting the season on the road, but come on, it's Wake. Their fans rarely show up for games and I'm guessing this one will be no different. Trevor and ETN will get pulled early and the Tigers cruise to a 55-0 victory.

Game 2 - Clemson vs Citadel - It's ironic that UofSuCk was too scared to play us this year and backed out of the rivalry game, so our fill-in is the team that has always been a thorn in their chicken beaks. But Tigers are bigger and stronger than chickens and we are better than all teams with bulldawg mascots by at least 60 points. Clemson wins this one 63-0.

Game 3 - Clemson vs UVA - While their pack line defense has given us fits in the past, UVA is still white meat. Added bonus, we don't even have to play them in the shadows of their menacing pergolas. Head Coach Tony Bennett will have no answers for our dynamic offense and Clemson will win this one 42-0.

Game 4 - Clemson vs Miami - No da U is not back and they will never be back until Clemson's deal to move to the Big12 is finally inked and we leave the conference. Even though they cheat a lot and head coach Randy Shannon is as dirty as it gets, we will own them once again. Clemson wins bigly 48-0.

Game 5 - Clemson at GT - This will be a big one folks. A road trip to Atlanta is never easy due to all the traffic and crime in that city. But never forget that Brent Venerables always has a perfect plan against the triple option. GT players will be pumping iron on the sidelines and as a result will get tired earlier than usual. Their offense will not be able to get more than 2 first downs and their defense will be even more worserer than normal against our 2 Heisman candidates TL16 and ETN. Clemson wins this one 72-0.

Game 6 - Clemson vs Syracuse - This is a revenge game for Dabo, which doesn't bode well for the oranges. Let's be honest here, Syracuse has no business even having a football team, much less a football team in the ACC. And their coach Dino Babers has never, ever, not even once gone into our locker room to congratulate our players on beating them, which is what classy coaches do. They are a dirty program led by a classless coach. Their QB Danny Devito is terrible, at best an NAIA level QB. This will be our easiest game of the year and Clemson wins 82-0.

Game 7 - Clemson vs BC - I'm sure BC Lou will be here talking trash about his crappy football team, a tnet tradition unlike any other. But fact of the matter is BC is another school that doesn't belong in the ACC. By this time our 2 Heisman candidates TL16 and ETN will be looking to make a huge statement and this will be a date they circle on the calendar with an orange sharpie. While it won't be as big of a win as we had against Syracuse, Clemson wins this one 41-0.

Game 8 - Clemson at ND - This will probably be our toughest challenge of the year when we travel to Mayor Pete's crime infested town for our annual conference matchup against the Notre Dame footballers. We've had some close games against them in the past, with Dabo just inching past their purple-faced murderer (allegedly) coach, but this will not be close. I think Notre Dame comes out firing on all cylinders early, but the excitement of playing a real football team will wear off quickly. It will be close at halftime, but as Dabo says, there's nothing less important than the halftime score. Clemson pulls away in the 2nd half sending Mayor Pete home feeling all lugubrious. Clemson wins 38-0.

Game 9 - Clemson at FSU - Some people on the tnets say they miss when Clemson/FSU used to be a good back and forth rivalry. I say eff that noise, I love that we dominate them. FSU has been so bad for so long that I don't even know who their coach is this year, but I know he won't be their coach next year. Our 2 Heisman candidates TL16 and ETN will completely control this one from the start because we will win the toss and will not elect to play defense first. 3 plays after the kickoff we will score a TD and cruise to an easy 52-0 win.

Game 10 - Clemson vs Pitt - We all remember what happened last time Pitt came to Death Valley...we won a national championship. In fact, the last two times we've played Pitt we have gone on to win a national championship. Will this year be different? Doubtful. Pitt will try to control the clock early on and will have some failed attempts at shovel passes to their TE. But remember, this time they will not have their 3 best players from the last trip to Clemson, James Conner, Nathan Peterman and Duane Heydt. Clemson wins easily 60-0.

Game 11 - Clemson at VT - A bunch of turkeys and key shakers are all that stand in the way between Clemson and a perfect 11-0 season. A trip to Blacksburg is always intimidating with their loud fans jumping around to heavy metal songs like the Hokey Pokey. But Dabo and crew have never had a problem with them and 2020 will be no different. TL16 and ETN will both go off, and this will be the Heisman voters' last chance to see this dynamic duo in the regular season. In fact, they will be the first co-winners of the award and they will give their speeches together in unison. At times they will say the same words at the same time, and at other times they will each take turns saying one word. Micah Rogers will be there with his chisel to break the trophy into two equal pieces so they can each take it home. But anyway, Clemson wins this one 43-0.

ACCCG - Clemson vs UNC - Another revenge game for Dabo since UNC beat us last year according to sports media people in the know. But as we Clemson fans know, Dabo has never had any respect for Mack Brown, so he will not hesitate to run up the score and make one last statement for the CFP selection committee. Clemson wins this one easily, 68-0.

CFP Semi-Final - Clemson vs Oklahoma - Why? Why does Oklahoma even try anymore? Every year they insist on being a semi final whipping post for real football teams. Their fans will venture from their moms' basements in Stillwater logging off of Landthieves to visit the tnets where they will whine about how we don't respect them. At the end of the day our co-Heisman winners will do to Oklahoma what everyone does to Oklahoma and beat them 40-0.

CFP National Championship - Clemson vs Alabama - This is the final revenge game of the year for Dabo. If you think Dabo isn't still upset that our defense allowed Bama to score 16 points against us the last time we played, then you don't know Dabo. Saban will do what Saban does and use his holder as a lead blocker and they will pay for it dearly. Our co-Heisman winners will control this one from start to finish, playing both sides of the ball. TL16 will throw 4 TD passes and get a pick6 on defense. ETN will run for 3 TDs, have 2 TD receptions, and force a strip sack scoop and score. Clemson wins easily 72-0.

TLDR Version - Final results for the 2020 Clemson men's varsity football team - State Champs by beating Citadel, ACC Champs, National Champs, Co-Heisman award winners.

Don't at me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Are the scores based on your specific dislike for each team?

Sep 9, 2020, 10:28 AM

Sounds like an amazing season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they are based on the specific strenghts and weaknesses

Sep 9, 2020, 10:30 AM

of our team and our opponents. I have looked at every position for every team and compared the matchups at every position. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

TL/dr

Sep 9, 2020, 10:31 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nobody cares coot***

Sep 9, 2020, 10:35 AM

^^^^ please provide pictures for Cof94. Can't reed.***

Sep 9, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to TL/dr ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That a tax feels personnel.

Sep 9, 2020, 11:48 AM

Let's please try to do better from this point on.

TIadvances

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: That a tax feels personnel.

Sep 9, 2020, 12:20 PM

??????????????????

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My non-biased football season predictions...

Sep 9, 2020, 10:39 AM

Outstanding. Especially loved the FSU preview: "eff that noise, I love that we dominate them"

My co-favorite part was the VT/Heisman preview: "In fact, they will be the first co-winners of the award and they will give their speeches together in unison. At times they will say the same words at the same time, and at other times they will each take turns saying one word.".

Looking forward to apparently a really great season and hopefully many more previews!

??????????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 10:40 AM

I don’t think our defense will appreciate your dissing them like this. Where are the negative points allowed?

Sep 9, 2020, 10:56 AM

I hope you are wrong GWP. No way we can keep our defensive OR offensive coordinators after a season like that!

And Dabo would probably leave for a position with the Argonauts,

I skimmed and looked at each score...

Sep 9, 2020, 10:57 AM

seeing that these are indeed reasonable predictions, I didn't need to read your reasoning for each game. 10/10 - quality post

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks good

Sep 9, 2020, 11:16 AM

Was kind of hoping we weren't going to call off the dogs against the The Cheaters and stop trying to score after halftime.

Laying a hundred on Swofford would be the perfect going away present in Charlotte, what with him giving away his last trophy and all.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 11:35 AM

You got the TU after I read your first paragraph.

I hope you didn't deceive me.....

Sep 9, 2020, 1:20 PM

TU for getting the correct opponents for the regular season games. Most people would have forgotten some down the stretch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good answer good answer ill be keeping an eye on you.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:21 PM

sam kinison in back to school.

i like the way you think!

I have one small quibble with your predictions.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:42 PM

You may be underestimating the Clemson defense.

Other than that, sounds like a very unbiased, reasonable and totally objective analysis.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best TNet post in a long time***

Sep 9, 2020, 1:54 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

So ridiculous.. I really have to disagree

Sep 9, 2020, 4:33 PM

I think we hang 70 on the Soooners, too

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s possible. I just figure Dabo will get all the walkons

Sep 9, 2020, 4:45 PM

in for the 2nd half to protect his starters for the championship game.

Sep 9, 2020, 5:17 PM

I would honestly and objectively have to rate this post.

On a scale from 1-10:

(1) being a Cootish attempt at the English language as sprayed through a Chicken Beak and (10) being words that bring a peace and knowledge of oneness with the Universe I would say this Football Season Prediction rates a......

Brilliant, insightful truth that can set people on a path to wisdom! and it's somewhat funny as well..

You go GWPTiger!

An exceptional post! Should be pinned to the top of the bored all season.

Sep 9, 2020, 5:28 PM

So much goodness, such as .......”“Clemson vs BC - I'm sure BC Lou will be here talking trash about his crappy football team, a tnet tradition unlike any other“

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally a realistic post on TNet. And about football to boot

Sep 9, 2020, 7:28 PM

Keep up the good work.

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,289
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic