Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is some baseball #### for Prod, and maybe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 272

Here is some baseball #### for Prod, and maybe

May 18, 2015, 10:43 AM

Shorty being a coach and all.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v117759283/must-c-conclusion-white-sox-perfect-relay-key-to-win/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well done, hit two cutoff men.

May 18, 2015, 10:45 AM

But the third base coach is the goat for waiting 'til way too late to hold up his runner, who looks like a lumberjack.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I can't tell is if the throw that Abreu cuts off

May 18, 2015, 10:47 AM

was going to him or a bad throw that would have been way up the line, thus allowing big guy to score. Also, big guy needs a talking to about trying to interfere like he did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha, yeah. Act of desperation.***

May 18, 2015, 10:51 AM

Man I hate the White Sox announcers***

May 18, 2015, 10:47 AM

I'm fine with that. I don't think I'd like Hawk if he

May 18, 2015, 10:57 AM

called games for anybody else.

I have nothing agianst the white sox either

May 18, 2015, 11:01 AM

so its a completely unbiased opinion. I was watching a white sox game online a few years ago and had to change to the other broadcast because it was so annoying.

Re: I'm fine with thatI don't think I'd like Hawk if he- GM

May 18, 2015, 1:41 PM [ in reply to I'm fine with that. I don't think I'd like Hawk if he ]

4 a year there once. It did not go well

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew he'd fired Tony, I don't know if

May 18, 2015, 1:46 PM

Jerry made him do it or not.

I didn't know most of this and also didn't know he was born in South Carolina.

After his time on the links brought minimal compensation over the next few years, Harrelson turned to a broadcasting career beginning in 1975 with the Red Sox on WSBK-TV partnering with #### Stockton.[2] He became highly popular, especially after being teamed with veteran play-by-play man Ned Martin in 1979, but after being publicly critical of player personnel decisions made by Boston co-owner Haywood Sullivan, Harrelson was fired at the close of the 1981 season.[citation needed]

Harrelson served as a Chicago White Sox announcer from 1982 to 1985 and briefly left broadcasting during the 1986 season to become the White Sox's General Manager. During his one season as GM, Harrelson fired field manager Tony La Russa (who was soon hired by the Oakland Athletics) and assistant general manager Dave Dombrowski (who became baseball's youngest general manager with the Montreal Expos just two years later). Harrelson also traded rookie Bobby Bonilla, later a six-time All-Star, to the Pittsburgh Pirates for pitcher José DeLeón.

During the 1987–1988 seasons, he was the play-by-play man for New York Yankees games on SportsChannel New York.[2]

From 1984–1989, Harrelson served as a backup color commentator on NBC's Game of the Week broadcasts alongside play-by-play man Jay Randolph. In 1994, Harrelson served as a broadcaster for the short-lived Baseball Network and was the US broadcaster for the Japan Series that aired through the Prime-SportsChannel regional networks.[2]

Harrelson in the broadcast booth in 2007
Harrelson returned to the White Sox in 1990 as the main play-by-play announcer during television broadcasts, teaming up with Tom Paciorek until 2000 and Darrin "DJ" Jackson from 2000 to 2008. In 2009, former Chicago Cubs color analyst Steve Stone, who broadcast with the late Baseball Hall of Fame broadcaster Harry Caray and later Chip Caray, began accompanying Harrelson in the television booth. During this time he won five Emmy Awards and two Illinois Sportscaster of the Year awards.[3] However, In 2010, GQ named Harrelson and broadcast partner Steve Stone the worst pair of broadcasters in baseball.[4]

Replies: 8
| visibility 272
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic