Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
anyone have the Windows tablet?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 630

anyone have the Windows tablet?

Sep 10, 2013, 1:58 PM

If so, how does it compare to the Ipad? Do you like it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I did

Sep 10, 2013, 2:05 PM

Had the Surface RT. Very well built device, and I actually really liked the OS.

It was a weird form factor for me. Great as a mid level device between a laptop and a tablet, but not really great as a replacement for either one. The height/width ratio was odd to hold and read in portrait mode, but worked very well as a video display. It worked GREAT on a windows-centric network. Best RDP implementation I've used in a "tablet".

Of course, being RT it's death to me was in the lack of apps. It was like moving back to the early iPad 1 days of hunting webapps to cover a lack of available actual applications.

If someone gave me a Surface Pro, it might very well be a great laptop/tablet middling device that would serve as a good bit of the best of both worlds for short trips.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have neither but I would like to point out that

Sep 10, 2013, 2:05 PM

there are multiple tablets made by various companies other than Microsoft that run on Windows. It all depends on what you want to use it for. FWIW I picked up the Surface tablet in Best Buy once and was surprised at how heavy it was.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, it isn't that much heavier

Sep 10, 2013, 2:07 PM

But it certainly FEELS heavier. I think it has to do with proportion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 630
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic