Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to say this if you found some classy vt fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Hate to say this if you found some classy vt fans

Dec 4, 2016, 6:36 AM

But I live in Christiansburg, a few miles outside of blacksburg. Since tech found they would go to CG they have been running their mouths and saying how much they were going to whip our ###. Common themes include how Jerod Evans is better than Deshaun, and how their D-Line is the best in the country. Blasphemy I tell you.

I wear my CLEMSON gear ALL THE TIME, because win or lose I support my team; No fairweather fans here. Make no mistake my friends, VT believed they had nothing to lose and they didn't. They ran their mouths ALL THE TIME up here saying how much it would suck when they won, and I was constantly given jabs even when I was in the grocery store. With this said, I knew MY team would win.

THEY EPITOMIZED THE PERSONA OF COOT FANS HERE. So with this said, I will be rubbing it in all of their faces. I love seeing the look of disappointment. I have no shame in running MY mouth to these bunch of idiots.

Love Tigernet though! GREAT WIN TIGERS!

All I am saying is, as bad as it looks on Clemson fan class, I will be running my mouth hard to them. I hope you do to. Make no mistake my friends, they will smile in your face then have a totally different opinion, give them no gimmes.

bwhill

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is always that guy, might as well be you***

Dec 4, 2016, 6:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people bring that behavior on themselves

Dec 4, 2016, 8:07 AM

while others live completely in peace among other fans without incident.

No doubt, this is a YOU problem with the OP. Instigator.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really serious or is my meter broken?***

Dec 4, 2016, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to say this if you found some classy vt fans

Dec 4, 2016, 6:52 AM

I can't stand vt. The ones I've met are a bunch of ########.

Dec 4, 2016, 7:15 AM

You would be surprised at how effective a knowing smile and/or a compliment on a good ballgame can be.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 7:21 AM

Agree.

I normally don't talk to opposing fans unless they say something. I just let my Clemson outfit do the talking.

Dec 4, 2016, 7:35 AM

The once I met at the game were trash. Had a couple two rows in front of me that were both plastered and were yelling out profanities and flipping birds almost every play.

Thankfully, with a half empty stadium I was able to move my son away from them.

The ones I met in the parking lot were smug and aloof.

I guess I must say I'm surprised because I thought their fans were better than that.

Go Tigers!

Dec 4, 2016, 7:58 AM

The students were rude and drunk. The older ones were friendly...pretty much like every other fan base. I found the Michigan fans there were absolutely unbearable. I had to put one in his place.

Dec 4, 2016, 8:02 AM

Kill 'em with kindness. Drives them nuts.

ACC CHAMPS

Almost as pathetic as USC four LSU guys where LSU got SMOKED

Dec 4, 2016, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate to say this if you found some classy vt fans ]

Losers I tel you

Dec 4, 2016, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate to say this if you found some classy vt fans ]

Sentiment now ...since the win is done and gone .
Now you'd just commiserate with them like old acquaintances.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Try that with USuC, NC State or Maryland fans.***

Dec 4, 2016, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate to say this if you found some classy vt fans ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Btw, any Clemson fans nearby T Male me, would love to meat sometime

Dec 4, 2016, 8:09 AM

That is all

Dec 4, 2016, 8:21 AM

I couldn't disagree more. I too live in VA and have never had trouble with VT fans. I was in the endzone with a mixture of VT and Clemson fans. The Clemson fans in front and to the side of me were the drunks. The VT fans were are very well behaved and I enjoyed talking to them throughout the game. It was the Clemson fans who spilled beer on the VT fans 4 (yes 4) times and the VT fans never made a scene (and the Clemson fans kept drinking). I frankly didn't hear anything from either side that was all that bad.

Often trouble comes because you invite it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 8:30 AM

I live in Pulaski, VA, my wife works at VT and no one talked smack to either of us all week. All the VT fans/grads I work with were concerned that we would boat race them.

Tiger Band 70-74

Dec 4, 2016, 8:32 AM

I almost got into a brawl with some VT in 2011 at the ACC Championship. What a bunch of jerks..

holy carp

Dec 4, 2016, 9:02 AM

2011 was my year. I hung in the VT section and when we owned them, they kept saying: "I can't believe we lost to Clemson. Clemson of all teams!" Get some dude. You were the first of three ACC championships in recent uears

Sounds about right. Their fans suck.***

Dec 4, 2016, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate to say this if you found some classy vt fans ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%

Dec 4, 2016, 9:08 AM

2007 - they started their turkey chant during the pregame prayer and alma mater

2011 - Fans were some of the worst fans I've been around. Drunk. Arrogant. Maryland-esque. But they left at half time.

When in Rome....***

Dec 4, 2016, 9:16 AM

Other than being incredibly drunk...

Dec 4, 2016, 9:20 AM

And whining about any correct call a ref made against them, the hokes around me were decent people. They were just happy to be there in the championship game.

~JKB

There were very few realistic VT fans who expected to win

Dec 4, 2016, 10:05 AM

that game last night. Are we disappointed we lost? Of course we are, but we are encouraged that we may have finally hit our rock bottom and may be back on the way up. Our previous staff basically quit recruiting and left the current staff scrambling for scraps. It will take a while to replenish the cupboard, but the 2018 and 2019 recruiting seasons are shaping up to have the potential to be pretty special (compared to previous recruiting years).

Re: There were very few realistic VT fans who expected to win

Dec 4, 2016, 10:20 AM

We play each other next season in Blacksburg so the fans of both schools could learn a lot about behavior. Do Either fan base want to be compared to Twerp fans? I seriously doubt it. We have always had a clean decent rivalry. We both need to keep it that way.

Good luck Tigers and Hokies in your respective bowl games. Do them with class!

I have found that Clemson and Nebraska fans are some of the

Dec 4, 2016, 10:24 AM

most respectful and inviting fans to be around from any other fanbase. Sure there are jerks in any and every base, but overall those two stand out to me the most. I hope that Tiger fans are treated nicely and enjoy their trip to Blacksburg next year (to an extent...wink, wink). I believe you will be.

Being out numbered and living in enemy territory

Dec 4, 2016, 10:51 AM

For years at a time can wear a man down. Think seriously about getting ganged up daily by the community, before you give the "stay classy Tigers" lecture to this man. I say give em H3ll until they don't want no more and wave the white flag. Peace is achieved through victory

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic