Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC refs basically control games.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,499

ACC refs basically control games.

Mar 3, 2018, 8:10 PM

I assume these ACC refs are asked to keep games close to make them exciting. Since they are controlling these games they also will give home teams some advantages. And not so much lately, but many years the blue teams in the ACC were given the benefit of a doubt regardless of the arena. To me this is a way of throwing games and if it ever comes to light that games are being controlled what a scandal this will be.
Randy Ayers did the Clemson/Florida St Game in Florida recently, with about a minute to go he called a five second call with only three seconds running off the clock, then he hit Reed with a foul to prove that Brownell need not say anything about the call. Seconds after that he and the other refs allowed FS to use an obvious moving screen for a wide open lay-up. There were many other obvious situations during that game.
Todays game with Syracuse was another example, but I must say Clemson has had a few games pushed in thier direction. I wish every coach was given the same amount votes and at the end of the season at least 1 ref would be voted out of the ACC, maybe this way the refs would not feel they have the right to criminally control games. ACC Refs, if you are involved in controlling games to make them close, you are criminals and you are stealing from the general public, and you should be ashamed of what you are doing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC refs basically control games.

Mar 3, 2018, 8:35 PM

What games were pushed in our direction? Today was an abomination

I have been watching for 50 years. I have NEVER seen a game

Mar 3, 2018, 8:38 PM

pushed our way. At best, we can hope for an evenly called game...and those are RARE!!!!

Re: I have been watching for 50 years. I have NEVER seen a game

Mar 3, 2018, 8:47 PM

This may or may not be true. We will probably never know if this actually exists or not. I will say this. Our Tigers are now in a position where they can keep any game with any opponent competitive. Clemson does play better out of conference games against good teams every year. The Ohio State game is a good example this year. They are better than Syracuse or State or FSU but we lost to those teams. I easily remember when the Tigers had little chance of beating an ACC school, regardless of the arena. Talent wise, we are probably not the fourth best team in the league so that makes this year even more enjoyable for me. And should for you.

Today was right up there with the screw jobs on Tobacco Rd

Mar 3, 2018, 8:46 PM

It may have been worse I’ve ever seen.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,499
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic