Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have been a clemson basketball fans for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,114

I have been a clemson basketball fans for

Feb 4, 2018, 6:09 PM

Many,many years. My memories go back to guys named Krajak, Brennen,Sutherland and certainly all the Mahaffeys.
During all those many years the Tigers were seldom a good team and never a great team. Some years were better than others but we always were bullied by UNC, Duke, WF, GT, Maryland, NCSU, UVa and many others. Some excellent players have come through the Tiger program in the last sixty years since I have followed the team. Guys like Wise and Rollins and Davis etc have been fun to watch. Even with these quality players the Tigers rarely had that little extra that it took to win the big games against others in the league. I have seen a lot of games get away from victory because that little extra that Duke and UNC and GT and the others had and the Tigers didn’t showed up in the final minutes. We have never had a Jordan or Thompson or Chappel or Roach to win the games at the end. Perhaps we still lack that superstar that the college world talks about but this years team has something I haven’t seen at Clemson in many years. I don’t know where this heart,desire,fight, determination, confidence comes from but I see it in almost every game and it’s fun for an old timer to watch. This team will certainly get to play in the post season and, hopefully, begin a new winning tradition in Tiger basketball. I hope that they have everyone’s support. They deserve it and if you have watch closely this year, you see that they truly deserve it. GO. TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cheers!***

Feb 4, 2018, 6:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been a clemson basketball fans for

Feb 4, 2018, 6:16 PM

Good Post. I can go back to the early 70s with David Angel etc. This year's team has been a pleasant surprise. I think 2 more wins secure an NCAA birth and we are playing for seeding beyond that. However NO WIN is a safe bet in this conference and ANY ROAD win is like dessert ! GO TIGERS and so glad to see Coach Brownell ( who is a great guy and a solid coach) having this kind of year.

Funny how all the "I've been a BBall fan since.." posts

Feb 4, 2018, 6:51 PM

are coming out of the woodshed this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the point of this post? Certainly can't refer...

Feb 4, 2018, 7:07 PM

...to @FORESTTIGER as a bandwagon BB fan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

It's a very common theme these days

Feb 4, 2018, 7:10 PM

bragging about being a fan for all the bad years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's wrong with that?

Feb 4, 2018, 8:06 PM

Perspective is important.

Especially when it comes to Clemson basketball.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I commend him for being a fan through all the bad years!***

Feb 4, 2018, 8:20 PM [ in reply to It's a very common theme these days ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Forest Tiger. You tha Man! I have got to be within a year

Feb 4, 2018, 7:07 PM

or two of your age! Remember when we played in the old gym, football players sat in the front rows of the right end zones seats. There was one game when a Coot player did a flagrant foul on our player. He could not stop running and, to keep crashing into the stands, had to run by one of the exits. He returned to the court unable to play again.

Were you there when the lights went our during a game and we continuously chanted “We need a coliseum, we need a coliseum?”

Times have changed but, obviously we have stuck by our school through thick and thin.

Re: Forest Tiger. You tha Man! I have got to be within a year

Feb 4, 2018, 7:25 PM

Finished up my studies in 1964. I don’t remember the lights going out. Must have been after I hit the woods for pay!
I never missed a game,varsity or freshman, when I was in school. What else could you do?
I do remember giving the great Dukie Art Heyman all the ire I had in me at the time. The next game he went into the stands and slugged a loud mouth fan like me! Great days but this one is special to me also. Of course I’m a bandwagon fan who suddenly proclaimed his allegiance to the Tigers!

Re: I have been a clemson basketball fans for

Feb 4, 2018, 7:55 PM

Well, I've been going since 1955. Not only did the lights go out in the old Fike Field House, we had several electrical fires. I may have posted a story about the first Clemson radio broadcast of a Tiger basketball game. I served as the color man and my pay was $000.00. Lots of memories of Fike. We used to take a nose-bag meal because we had to get their early for the JV game to claim our regular seats. Sometimes the wives would take a pie or cake to share. There were no reserved seats but the regulars sat in the same seats and no one else better not try to sit there.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're a good bunch of men!***

Feb 4, 2018, 8:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,114
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic