Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have been 100% certain Dabo would turn down Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I have been 100% certain Dabo would turn down Bama

Jan 12, 2017, 6:19 PM

Until today. Don't shoot me, but I watched some of the Living Room version of the game broadcast (stupidest thing I've seen in a while) and Keyshawn said Dabo told him he'd bolt for Bama if Saban retired. Seems he would have no reason to make that up.
Did anyone else pick up on that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

I have always been 100% certain Dabo would consider Bama

Jan 12, 2017, 6:23 PM

Don't know if he'd go, but oh yes he's gonna seriously entertain the offer if it comes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been 100% certain Dabo would turn down Bama

Jan 12, 2017, 6:24 PM

I heard some of that BS and turned it off. I don't think Dabo would tell that buffoon he would take the Bama job if offered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He may have said it in confidence

Jan 12, 2017, 6:32 PM

While hosting him and his recruit son last season.
Hope his mindset has changed if it even was said.

WL

Re: He may have said it in confidence

Jan 12, 2017, 7:42 PM

lol nice try

Even if true Dabo too smart to say it.

Jan 12, 2017, 6:24 PM

My opinion...no way I want to be the man after Saban. The man after the man after Saban? I could see that.

I'd be surprised, but I wouldn't blame him...

Jan 12, 2017, 6:30 PM

I think it's tough to turn down your alma mater. It's the only job he'd leave for, I think. Dabo has gotten us back to the promised land, he'll forever be a Clemon legend.

(With this said, I don't think it would work out well for him there. I would hope that it would, but that would be a very difficult situation for him.)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama's fanbase is nuts, Dabo knows this. He is going to be like our Bobby Bowden or Coach K if he stays. He has put our program back on the map, at Bama they will have outrageous expectations for him each and every year. If he doesn't produce on the highest level they will turn on him in a hurry.

Yes - heard it. WORST thing I have seen in a while EXCEPT

for Key.

The 2 hoes and the dude on the couch - were all giggling about somebody twitting in something like "Look at the millenials on they phone while this huge match up is going down".

Seriously terrible.

Jay Bilas was miserable and was not pulling for Clemson AT ALL . . . and had no input.

Only Key . . . and he was into it.

And Bill Walton - how can a sporting dude be SO CLUELESS about football ?

And at the end, Key said - while he was recruiting my boy - he told me - Look, Key - I'm going to be here - unless it is Bama, why would I EVER leave here.

Definitely perked my ears up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

dang. Saban is taking this hard. I didnt know he was

Jan 12, 2017, 6:32 PM

quitting after 1 loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 12, 2017, 6:35 PM

Alabama would need a radical culture change for Dabo to do what he's done at Clemson. He changed the culture here but the when he changed it, it wasn't like Bama's is. I doubt Dabo would ever want to be a coach somewhere where the fans only want to win and don't show up when you lose on a last second play in the natty....

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's nothing left to build at Bama

Jan 12, 2017, 7:07 PM

Dabo is here until we get stupid and run him off. He said he was here until we "put him out to pasture." He completely "buys into" Clemson and everything it stands for. He wants to see this through. The best is yet to come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 7:24 PM

Why would Dabo tell Key he's leaving if Bama called while recruiting his son? Because every parent wants to hear the coach is leaving right? Maybe Dabo didn't promise PT for his kid because we are WRU and now Key is butthurt and making chitt up ?

Jan 12, 2017, 7:29 PM

Or maybe Dabo was trying to be "real" with Key(as a sales tactic). He wanted to let him know that he would be around at least until his son was graduated. Saban isn't going to retire in the next 2-3 years. You know he's going to surpass Bear Bryant before he does.

Jan 12, 2017, 7:37 PM

Clemson has been built in Dabo's image...an image that wasn't Bama. Returning to Bama would not be his 'image'. He's not leaving.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 7:41 PM

A coach never tells a recruits father that he may bolt to another school if offered. That would be a sure way of not getting that recruit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo said "When we ran him off..."

Jan 12, 2017, 7:39 PM

I'm 100% certain Dabo is staying

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic