Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a unique perspective on whoever plays Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

I have a unique perspective on whoever plays Alabama

Jan 9, 2019, 12:37 PM

I grew up in Asheville, NC, definitely NOT a sports town. So, I listened to Clemson and Tennessee football whenever I could. No TV in our house, my mom hated it.

Fast forward a few years and I lived in Chattanooga. Courtesy of my fiance's (now wife of 34 years) family we had 20 years of season tickets to the Vols. I learned to strongly dislike Alabama and loved how Tennessee dominated them in the 1990s, culminating with the 1998 Natty.

I worked in Greenville from 1992-2002 and had the opportunity to complete grad school at Clemson then, graduating in 2001.

Sooo, I admit to having 2 shades of orange apparel at home. It is humbling to see Tennessee doing so poorly with what they have been blessed with. It feels like the top of Mt. Everest to see what Dabo and the Tigers have done with what they have been given.

Beating down Alabama was a bonus. The Bluffton Cigar Bar was rocking Monday night.
The only Bama fan left before halftime, although we didn't direct any smack at him.

I never bought into the SEC, SEC hype. It's bogus, especially now.

I will always be glad for the educational opportunities I had at Clemson and for being an alum of "...where the Tigers play".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic