Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unpopular opinion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Unpopular opinion

Nov 14, 2020, 1:30 PM

Coattailling off @ccu85tiger®'s post about watches.

I believe I'm in the minority in that I hate the Apple watches, Fitbits, & the like. I prefer to have an actual timepiece instead of a mini iphone/ipad/mac on my wrist.

What're y'all's thoughts about watches? Do you prefer an Apple watch, Fitbit, an heirloom timepiece, $10 Casio, 1980's Ironman watch?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

No watch***

Nov 14, 2020, 1:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love a big fat divers watch...

Nov 14, 2020, 1:33 PM

Had a seiko kinetic for years. But have switched to an Apple Watch and don’t think no could go back.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ What he said. ^^^ ****

Nov 14, 2020, 2:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apple Watch. Once you’ve started your truck with your watch

Nov 14, 2020, 1:34 PM

while crapping and running late on a frosty morning, you’ll never go back.

Hard to argue against that***

Nov 14, 2020, 1:36 PM

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

I’m glad you get it. I understand it’s a very specific use

Nov 14, 2020, 1:40 PM

case, but next time you’re sitting there with bubble guts at 7:37am on a February morning you’ll think of me.

To each his own.

Nov 14, 2020, 1:36 PM

but I love my Apple Watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like watches, but I'm reluctant to spend a pile of cash

Nov 14, 2020, 1:42 PM

on them. Most of the time, I wear either a G-Shock or a Citizen Eco-Drive dive watch. I have a Fossil Clemson watch that was given as a gift that I wear on gameday Fridays and weekends. Planning on getting a smartwatch for Christmas though. Everybody else in my family has iphones and Apple watches; I am the only android hold out and I don't plan on changing. Looking hard at a Samsung Galaxy watch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Can't speak to the functionality but the look of those is

Nov 14, 2020, 1:54 PM

superior to the Apple watch, IMO.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who has multiple large wrist watches so as to match

Nov 14, 2020, 2:26 PM

Different clothing is GHEY!!!

imho....??

Re: Unpopular opinion

Nov 14, 2020, 2:30 PM

Watches look cool, but it's like wearing any other jewelry for me. It's just not as comfortable as not wearing it. A suit and nice dress shoes looks great too. I would prefer to be more comfortable though.

I have a solar atomic watch

Nov 14, 2020, 2:45 PM

Never have to set it or change the battery and it does one thing very well - tell me the time without digging in my pocket for a phone.

I tried a Fitbit smart watch, didn’t like it.

Probably because it kept nagging me to get up off my fat ### and move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Waterproof time piece.***

Nov 15, 2020, 9:46 AM

I've never been watch wearer.

Nov 15, 2020, 4:46 PM

That is all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something uh....'timeless' about a regular analog

Nov 16, 2020, 8:32 AM

but i was pretty much in the 'no watch' category for a while, until SheGUAR kept getting me Fitbits (because, fat)....started off w/ the basic ones that were more step-counters than time-tellers....then the Charge that would buzz when I got a text and show me my heartrate...

last Xmas, we got each other the Fitbit Versas, and we both really like them....

I have a Garmin Tactix for running

Nov 16, 2020, 8:36 AM

I wear a Helgray Superfast or Tag Heuer F1 when doing other things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're not alone, i'm a little old school i wear a pocket

Nov 16, 2020, 8:39 AM

watch.

Garmin Forerunner 230, love it, hate it. Just enough

Nov 16, 2020, 8:41 AM

features to be annoying, not enough features to be productive. It is a few years old though, technology has advanced some. It's GREAT for running though, Garmins are the best for that.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

second Garmin - Fenix 5 here

Nov 16, 2020, 10:19 AM

it's pretty sick and has cool features for running, working out, golf, hiking, etc.

i despise anything and everything Apple though, so I'm a little biased.

How is the Fenix running? Is it better for Mountaineering?

Nov 16, 2020, 10:56 AM

Like Altimeter, etc? I think it might be too much for a running watch for me. I am in the market for a new one though.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is the Fenix running? Is it better for Mountaineering?

Nov 16, 2020, 11:33 AM

Its an ABC watch. I just like the screen size and the fact that the battery lasts forever.

Mine is the Tactix, same idea, but it has a couple more features that are military specific like night vision friends, halo & static jump options, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a phone that has a clock on it.

Nov 16, 2020, 10:35 AM

My truck also has a clock in it.

If I'm going anywhere, I have one or the other with me 99.8% of the time.

Why do I need to wear a watch?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And dont forget a computer within a few feet

Nov 16, 2020, 12:06 PM

6-8 hours per day.

And an oven. And microwave. And tv.

Zero reason for a watch. Evar.

the solar + atomic watches are unbeatable

Nov 16, 2020, 10:51 AM

you NEVER have to adjust it. Prices are very reasonable on them nowadays, they've come down so much last decade or so.

I am old-school for the most part, love the analog watch face over the digital. But digital has its place too, I have a few of those also.

I have a Samsung Galaxy that does e-mails, phone calls, heart rate, etc. I was fascinated with it for about 3 months, but shelved it. I'm not neurotic so I don't need to know how many steps I took in a day. If you stay active, stuff like that is meaningless.

The Citizen Eco-Drives are my sweet spot. Not cheap, but not stupid pricey either.
Love my Blue Angels Navihawk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love my Apple Watch.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:11 AM

I keep the sound on my phone off and receive all notifications through a buzz on my wrist.

It tracks what I need it to for running, although a Garmin would be better. But I can't really justify two watches and the Apple Watch serves my needs all day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a Fitbit fan.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:41 AM

Mostly for the steps, HR, and activity tracking.

I wanted to like the Apple Watch, but absolutely loathed that your phone won't have any audible notifications if you're wearing the Apple Watch without doing some backwards configuring that sacrificed features of the Apple Watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic