Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a non biased friend that lives in the Pee Dee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I have a non biased friend that lives in the Pee Dee

Mar 11, 2017, 8:06 PM

area of our state (He's a Davidson grad and a practicing attorney in Florence). Word has it that certain USUx alums in the area have assured success for XT's father's car wash business for the foreseeable future.. I promise he cares less about Clemson or Carolina but he thinks it's interesting how things work on the D1 level. Says XT has no choice but to be a Coot.

This is just what he told me today. Might be true, might not be true. I admit I did ask him to delve into it more.

Just letting you know what Imheard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a non biased friend that lives in the Pee Dee

Mar 11, 2017, 8:12 PM

They are nothing but cheaters.

Mar 11, 2017, 8:14 PM

I have heard the same things,basically he family will lose a lot of business if he goes to Clemson.

Mar 11, 2017, 8:59 PM

Uhhh are we seriously talking about a CAR WASH?? Who cares? This kid is NFL-bound in 4 years from now. He can then buy his parents a car wash, smoothie shop, or anything else they want to do anywhere in the country! Choosing the Coors because he is scared of losing a few thousand bucks in the short term is the definition of "myopia". Jesus H.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then he comes rather cheaply.***

Mar 11, 2017, 9:08 PM

Re: Then he comes rather cheaply.***

Mar 12, 2017, 2:15 PM

You guy have no clue. Car washes kill it now

This sounds like a very credible evidence,

Mar 11, 2017, 8:15 PM

considering the honesty of attorneys!

Re: This sounds like a very credible evidence,

Mar 11, 2017, 8:17 PM

I have a friend who has heard the same thing.

Re: This sounds like a very credible evidence,

Mar 12, 2017, 12:55 AM [ in reply to This sounds like a very credible evidence, ]

There are a lot of Tiger attorneys on this site.

"I heard"& "they said" are the 2 biggest liars ever known.***

Mar 11, 2017, 8:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I heard"& "they said" are the 2 biggest liars ever known.***

Mar 11, 2017, 8:27 PM

Not necessarily. Stay tuned.

Mar 11, 2017, 8:26 PM

The best thing about the way Dabo has built the foundation of our football program is no one kid decides the success of the program. The kids are more privileged to beloved and be apart of the Clemson family than the program is to be attached to any one kid. It will be the players loss in the long run.

It's amazing the pressure that must be on XT with so many influences concerning his family an empty threats from a very very desperate program that believes he would make or break them when they truly need so much more than him.

The fact that their talent pool is so much less that he will be double teamed most of his career and that will raise his chances to get hurt and hurt his statistics in the long run to get drafted as high and make as much money will be millions less. The promise about the car wash in the long run won't pay off but it's got to be hard for a kid and his family to see that.

I hope that's not true and he goes to Clemson where he won't be double teamed constantly and he will be able to practice and play against the best.

I'm thankful to Dabo for helping us to be so deep we don't have to have anyone but they may make the best choice of their life by trusting Dabo and Clemson.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 11, 2017, 8:29 PM

Good post.

So shortsighted. In 4 years his father doesn't need to..

Mar 11, 2017, 8:31 PM

worry again. I hope he isn't that shortsighted.

And I have a friend with ocean front propety in Arizona

Mar 11, 2017, 8:33 PM

Would you be interested?

Re: And I have a friend with ocean front propety in Arizona

Mar 11, 2017, 10:13 PM

Me, I'm interested!! What a great opportunity. Arizona has great weather and the ocean breezes would make it even better!

I'll sign the check, you just fill in the amount you think is fair. I'm all in!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whether certain Boosters have made certain promises or not,

Mar 11, 2017, 8:37 PM

we know they often do, but if he chooses to go elsewhere, a Car Wash in the Coot Village known as Florence will certainly suffer enough to probably go under,,,and you can guarantee that that has been pointed out by Certain Boosters.

Re: Whether certain Boosters have made certain promises or not,

Mar 11, 2017, 8:39 PM

clemson folks in florence don't get their cars washed?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2017, 9:15 PM

The money XT will make will negate any car wash money. I doubt he will base his decision on that, and if he does, that's unfortunate for him. But I do understand, it's hard for an 18 yo young man to see 3 years in the future.

Hope he can see the long term and make the best decision of his life- become a Clemson Tiger!

Mar 11, 2017, 9:21 PM

If he comes to Clemson our coaches will prepare him for the pros. He will make so much money his Dad could give the car was away for free and be way ahead of the game. Plus, a couple of national championships would look nice on his resume.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2017, 9:30 PM

Just stop.....he either comes to Clemson or not.

Just because no sane Clemson fan could understand why a recruit would pick the coots does not mean there is something illegal going on.

I am a Clemson fan.....I am 100% a Tiger.....even if were in my best interest for some unknown reason for me to go to SC.....I never could have made that choice. He grew up a coot.....just let him make his decision in December and let's just stop all this conjecture.

Mar 11, 2017, 10:07 PM

Why post this about a kid we're recruiting? Let's assume this is B.S. and XT or his family read this...Do you not grasp how much damage this can do? Everyone needs to stop with the rumors and just let the coaches do their thing. Someone posted the other day that this stuff is pissing them off, well I'm starting to understand. (When I read this type of post I can't help but think, only a troll wanting Clemson to look bad would ever do this)

in the original poster's defense

Mar 11, 2017, 10:23 PM

message board fodder doesn't sway a recruit. if it does then we don't need a guy like that anyway. I see message board patrolmen on here all the time defending the honor of players all the time and worrying constantly that a bunch of anonymous dudes chatting online is going to run off a recruit. it's laughable really.

What's laughable is that you think everyone should

Mar 12, 2017, 2:19 PM

think like you. Postings like this does nobody any good and recruits ARE swayed for various reasons. We have some of the best recruiters in the nation that KNOW what they are doing and rumors don't help them.

you're laughable

Mar 12, 2017, 6:06 PM

you paid Trevor Lawrence to commit to clemson, didn't you??? OH NO, NOW HE'S NOT GONNA COME BECAUSE I STARTED A RUMOR ABOUT HIM!!!! see how stupid that sounds??? you were right about 1 thing in your post. our coaches are great recruiters and our facilities our great and we're defending champions and this message board had been here for a long time along with all the rumors, trolling, etc. stop worrying about stupid crap for God's sake

Proved my point?***

Mar 12, 2017, 9:29 PM

Re: Proved my point?***

Mar 13, 2017, 12:48 AM

still waiting for your point...

If this is true I feel very bad for the kid and his family

Mar 11, 2017, 10:40 PM

As the other poster pointed out the kid is much more likely to get double-teamed at hurt at SCAR.

Will wish the best for him.

Mar 12, 2017, 1:47 AM

I am sure Clemson fans in that area need their car washed too. Go by and get your car washed but let do it the legal ethical way. Just use his family's car wash. Don't make any promises just give the man business you may be giving elsewhere. If he chooses SC keep giving them business it will drive the coots nuts.

I told you my friend and former LB received inappropriate benefits on several occasions while at SC.But look at it this way, it is pretty sad to a school or its fanspush threaten a kids family's livelihood and that's about the only way you can get him. (if it's true. And I am not doubting you at all) I believe it to be true but I don't want to come out and accuse the coots of cheating. Covering my butt. But if they are cheating just to get to the Birmingham Bowl and win 7-9 games is pretty sad. They should contact Auburn or Ole Miss for advice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn yes, Ole Miss not so much. They suck at cheating.***

Mar 12, 2017, 3:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 12, 2017, 4:21 AM

Why does it matter he's non-biased? You still provided zero evidence

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Mar 12, 2017, 5:12 AM

So we don't get the #1 guy in Xavier Thomas and wind up with the #2 guy in KJ Henry. Hope he comes to Clemson, either way I don't see SC beating CU anytime soon. Getting the number 2 guy in Dexter Lawrence has worked out pretty well.

I think if it mattered, he would have committed

Mar 12, 2017, 2:11 PM

already and could be used to draw other recruits.

if its about $, XT can do a lot better than car wash money.***

Mar 12, 2017, 2:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Assuming there is truth to that rumor

Mar 13, 2017, 1:29 AM

Clemson is far from screwed at DE. KJ Henry and Stephon Wynn Jr will be the next men up, both of which are very high on clemson.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic