Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just looked at the "highlights" from 2016 Pitt game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Just looked at the "highlights" from 2016 Pitt game

Nov 30, 2018, 10:42 PM

I forgot that two of our turnovers happened on plays that would have been Clemson TD's.

Gallman's fumble at the goal line sure looked like he broke the plane before the ball came loose.

At any rate, we were not focused that day and a referee who should never have been on our field made the most of it. Take away the careless Clemson mistakes and we win that game by 21 to 28 points.

Pitt better not be counting on Clemson to play a sloppy game tomorrow night. I expect to see a hard fought first half before we put the game away with depth and superior talent starting mid way through the 3rd quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a feeling that the Power Rangers are gonna bring pain

Nov 30, 2018, 10:44 PM

And it won’t take until the 2nd half either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you're right

Nov 30, 2018, 10:55 PM

I just think Pitt will be tough until they can't be tough anymore. We will be tough all night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just looked at the "highlights" from 2016 Pitt game

Nov 30, 2018, 10:47 PM

Why are you even bothering to look at the highlights? That game and this game are as different as day and night. Other than it's Pitt vs Clemson, there is nothing similar.

Why did I "bother" to look?

Nov 30, 2018, 10:53 PM

Well, because it's the night before our next game with the same team and I wanted to refresh my memory about the last time we met.

What I saw was Clemson losing to Clemson. If you don't think that can happen again, you are naive. Like you, however, I am confident that is not going to happen. I think we destroy them.

Thing is (Again!), take away OUR mistakes and we would have destroyed them two years ago.

There are similarities.

Re: Why did I "bother" to look?

Nov 30, 2018, 11:40 PM

True. Same coaching staff and they implemented things the Tigers had not seen before. They will do that tomorrow. I have tremendous faith in the entire Clemson coaching staff so I believe we win by a lot! Go Tigers ,

Re: Why did I "bother" to look?

Dec 1, 2018, 12:32 AM

It's not the same staff. Canada's gone and he was the one who out-schemed BV, and for all the grief Peterman has gotten as a NFL QB he was pretty good in college. I'm sure they'll try to add some wrinkles they don't have the same personnel to execute them on offense that they did in 2016.

I'm sure they'll play tough but if they try the same defense they always seem to use loading the box they should probably get smoked on the outside. They don't have the DBs to try and really press our receivers, at least not Higgins and Ross, effectively.

Pitt's a physical team and will probably play hard for a while but this is a bad match up for them. Unfortunately it probably won't tell us much about the secondary though, other than they will probably be able to cover the slot post.

Re: Just looked at the "highlights" from 2016 Pitt game

Dec 1, 2018, 12:02 AM

I don’t attend games now, I was attended regularly for 20 plus years. I never miss a game on tv, Im on Tigernet every day. I have confidence in thes team . Not all of these players participated in the last Pitt game but I believe that loss along with the focus this team had will be enough motivation to play their best. Along with superior talent I think that means a victory. I have confidence this coaching staff has done everything necessary to prepare for this run to the national championship.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic