Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many Christmas trees do you have in your home?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 406

How many Christmas trees do you have in your home?

Dec 3, 2018, 11:04 AM

and why are you so poor?

2.5 in the FBCSC house hold. One in the front sitting room so the neighbors across the street can see it and be jealous. One in the living room with sentimental ornaments for my son to destroy. A small one in my daughter's room because she flipped out one year about not having one.

The trailer looks like a pine forest

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

They'll look great when they are still up in April***

Dec 3, 2018, 11:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Throw a trash bag over them and put them in the corner

Dec 3, 2018, 11:11 AM

done and done

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 or 9

Dec 3, 2018, 11:33 AM

Seriously.

One real one, the big tree in the den.
Fake one for Clemson ornaments, got too many to put on big tree unless we got ENORMOUS tree.
Fake one in each kid room
Ceramic tree from my grandmother's house, those green ones that everyone used to have back in the day.
18" fake one in daughter's room, was her first tree and she likes to put it up.
Metal one on dining room table, some Crate & Barrel thing that we put up. This one may not count.
A fake purple one in the dining room but I THINK my wife is taking that to her office. It was bought by my grandmother for one of the grandkids. It is purple with orange lights. It is over the top, but we still use it.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on how you define "tree" but really, just one.

Dec 3, 2018, 11:36 AM

Coupla "Charlie Brown" trees for the kids - lil'APMette loves her some Christmas.

But only one real tree.

UDP tip - bought a pre-lighted fake about 3 years back - best investment ever, and not even that expensive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much was it? We like cutting a tree, but TBH, it is

Dec 3, 2018, 11:40 AM

getting really fooking annoying paying $50+ each year for a tree that dies before Christmas and is a pain in the assss to put up. I used to be VERY anti fake trees, but I am becoming more and more like a Grinch every year.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh. Wanna say it was like $75 at Lowes.

Dec 3, 2018, 11:49 AM

Whatever it was, we quickly decided that if it just lasted 2 Xmases we'd get back our investment (because $50-75 real trees). It is doing FINE and on Xmas #3 as we speak. Also, no allergies for Mrs. PAW.

The real tree smell, like new car smell, ain't worth it when you do the math.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just add a couple of these ornaments

Dec 3, 2018, 11:52 AM

to get that REAL Christmas tree smell.

https://www.littletrees.com/product/Royal-Pine-X-tra-Strength-Little-Trees-air-freshener

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there's nothing like the smell of a fresh cut xmas tree

Dec 3, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to How much was it? We like cutting a tree, but TBH, it is ]

but it's NO WHERE NEAR WORTH THE HASSLE.

Get some potpourri or some ####

0***

Dec 3, 2018, 11:49 AM

How many menorahs then? Oy.***

Dec 3, 2018, 1:03 PM

2, by your maths. 1 full size, 2 half size

Dec 3, 2018, 11:52 AM

all fake

What idiot uses real christmas trees anymore?

Dec 3, 2018, 11:57 AM

Is this 1980's? I bet it sheds all over their shag carpet

One. 6ft tall sitting on 3.5ft tall table

Dec 3, 2018, 12:04 PM

Cuz two kids under 4 will destroy that shizz.

Just one tree because UDR, and our trailer has a pretty open floor plan so tree can be seen from just about every room in the house.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Zero***

Dec 3, 2018, 12:49 PM

I have a 3' in a box in case

Dec 3, 2018, 12:57 PM

a female decides to come over, so I won't be ridiculed or called a grinch. Has lights and everything already on it, can pop it up in about 2 minutes. I can also decorate a beautiful spruce in my yard if the need ever arose.

Single guys have absolutely no use for a tree in the house.

A couple weeks ago on here I went over holidays that wouldn't exist if men actually ruled the world, and Christmas is at the top of the list.

After 44 years of hard core tradition, I went fake tree this

Dec 3, 2018, 1:00 PM

year.

It's glorious. I only regret not having all those years back watering trees, cleaning up needles, trying to get the @#$#@$ on straight, putting lights on...........

#realaintnodeal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was a good year to go artifical

Dec 3, 2018, 1:54 PM

9 yrs ago we were in a recession. Farms weren't planting as many trees due to the unforeseen market. Here we are 9 yrs later and those trees are ready for harvest. The demand/supply effect has driven the price to around $15/foot

Greenr fought his tree for about 30 minutes with the stand

Dec 3, 2018, 1:58 PM [ in reply to After 44 years of hard core tradition, I went fake tree this ]

then realized the stand had a hairline fracture which made the tree gangsta lean...WifeofGreenr bore the brunt of the anger and she "politely" went to Lowe's to get a new tree stand. At one point in time, Greenr had thrown his tree out the front door with the broken stand. However, that MAY be where we the break in the stand came from.

4. The main one in the living room, the small one in the den

Dec 3, 2018, 1:57 PM

and 2 4' trees in the Sam cave, 1 of which she insists on leaving up year around (where did I go wrong?)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

If I had any input to the decision

Dec 3, 2018, 2:27 PM

There would be zero. I know of at least 2 trees that are in display, but I haven't really looked nor kept count of any more. There are probably more.

I gotta be real here--in a house with no children, they isn't much sense of all this Christmas stuff. If it were just me, the house would look like what it does the rest of the year. And if we're being really real, I'm kinda over winter and the Christmas holidays* already.

*Holidays..as if. I'll get ONE DAY off (Christmas) this year, even though I have 142 hours of PTO remaining. I put in for time off last week and was told I can't take any days off because of a project. The part people are NOT recognizing is that most of the rest of the company will be off, and change controls are frozen, so there won't be getting chit done. Looks like I'll not so graciously donate my 3.55 weeks off to the Gods of PTO, because it just gets lost on Jan 1.

you should have planned better***

Dec 3, 2018, 2:43 PM

Funny you say that....

Dec 3, 2018, 2:46 PM

I tried to take some of that time earlier in the year.

Was told the same thing then.

that don't seem fair

Dec 3, 2018, 3:10 PM

a friend of mine works for a shipping company and he has to submit time off now for all of next year.

I 'm guessing it wouldn't have mattered if I did that.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:03 PM

Still wouldn't have been able to take it.

just ate one

Dec 3, 2018, 2:50 PM

and let me tell you they are nasty

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

just one, I paid $90 for it

Dec 3, 2018, 3:13 PM

all of the ornaments lower than 3 feet have already been ripped off by the kids.

Greenr sounds like he had the same issue that I usually do with the stupid stand. I hate those things with a passion unparalleled anywhere in this universe.

I did keep it in the net and set it in the stand outside this year which made it mildly more tolerable. Well it was either that or the beers and xanax that kept me in check.

Mrs. Tig has 3.

Dec 3, 2018, 3:25 PM

I don't get involved with all that, as it would not serve my holy Krampus very well to display items of joy.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 406
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic