Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney responds to Finebaum's "intoxicated fan base" comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney responds to Finebaum's "intoxicated fan base" comments

Jul 25, 2017, 8:48 AM

Swinney responds to Finebaum's "intoxicated fan base" comments

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well OK Pawl get ready for your phone to be ringing of the hook

Jul 25, 2017, 8:53 AM

For the next several years.

Or better yet, not ring at all

Jul 25, 2017, 6:11 PM

Best way to handle that kind of mentality. He knows he doesn't have a show (or money) if he doesn't have callers. He just doesn't think anyone will take him literally.

Well OK Pawl get ready for your phone to be ringing of the hook

Jul 25, 2017, 8:53 AM

For the next several years.

Re: FB Update: Swinney responds to Finebaum's "intoxicated fan base" comments

Jul 25, 2017, 8:59 AM
FB twin.jpg(65.4 K)

Paul looking in the mirror.

We should create our own poll and give us a few more

Jul 25, 2017, 9:00 AM

We can call it the Paul Finebaum Tool and Bait Shop Football Index. Then retroactively award us about 8-10 championships like his great Bama program even when there are teams with better records than us for those years.

Jul 25, 2017, 9:02 AM

Mr. SEC Mouthpiece,
Come back to Clemson to actually watch a game because we are passionate, and by the way, have every right to be! To set the record straight we hold TWO national championships.

When you sir have actually accomplished anything close to what our team endured and achieved last season, beyond merely sitting behind a microphone then you might have the right to criticize a loyal and long patient fan base. By the way our ties to Alabama thru several legendary coaches trump any supposed ties you have! Now go get a life!

Go Tigers!

Maybe we could teach him to count to 2...***

Jul 25, 2017, 9:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2017, 9:03 AM

Reading the replies to the original Finebaum tweet makes me remember why I can't stand Georgia and South Carolina fans in the offseason.

Jul 25, 2017, 9:04 AM

The one UGA fan keeps saying to call him when we win a Heisman like we didn't just win a National Title.

Dabo gets it.***

Jul 25, 2017, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo gets it.***

Jul 25, 2017, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2017, 9:21 AM

That lil muskrat is just butt hurt because in reality he knows Clemson should have back to back National Titles and out played Bama in both Title games. ST blunders was the only thing that saved the almighty Bama the first time. He just can't stand to admit that...so he just chooses to shoot off at the mouth like a 5 year old pouting.

Jul 25, 2017, 12:07 PM

The offspring of ET and a camel has farted his pro-'Bama jive talk so many times, I think another loss would just break his heart. Paul, we know, the sun rises and sets around Tuscaloser. But get used to the Tiger takeover. :)

I hate when Tnet trolls Clemson fans.

Jul 25, 2017, 9:23 AM

We Clemson Fans care about how we conduct ourselves. We can't stress over the masses of heathen who govern the rest of the football world.

We are their problem for we are the standard by which they are judged. Of course we offend them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2017, 9:26 AM

Is it ok to kind of like Finebaum again now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even If I wasn't a huge Clemson fan/Alum I think it's a

Jul 25, 2017, 9:44 AM

pretty obvious statement that the world needs more people like Dabo and less people like Finebaum.

Dabo: raised poor picked himself up by the bootstraps, Christian, leader, family man, role model, teacher of young men

PF: sports shock jock that makes money by turning sport into controversy, lives of the back of poor uneducated and or fictional like the famous Tammy. Biased.

Jul 25, 2017, 9:57 AM

Personally, I like Paul Finebaum and I like to watch his show for the pure entertainment value of it. It's always fun to watch him go after over exuberant fans of SEC schools, including Alabama, so it's not surprising that he'd take on an over exuberant Clemson fan and I'm sure he's enjoying every minute of going after our fan base right now just to see the comments. I like Dabo's take on this and that's how I'm going to approach it. It's all good. Besides, the stone deaf silence coming from him and his buddies on set when Hunter caught the game winning TD is a priceless moment that can never be taken away. Go Tigers!

Finebaum, 1981 called...you ##### with eyebrows***

Jul 25, 2017, 10:05 AM

Somebody needs to tell him we've already won two national

Jul 25, 2017, 10:08 AM

championships. If he was good at his job, he'd know that. I don't understand how one fan can make him turn an about face in such a hurry. He was always so positive on the entire Clemson fanbase. For him to take that one call and turn on the entire fanbase, is really strange. But for him to take that and start to diminish an entire athletic program's accomplishments is just really unprofessional and shows that he just tries to stir things up. I would love to know what that caller said to him.

I will probably stop listening to him.The only time I listen is when I'm on the drive home from work, but even then I split the time with Packer's show on sattelite. As for watching, if I happen to be home and nothing else is on, I'll check it out while I'm doing something else.I have noticed that he hasn't been on tv for about two weeks.

Jul 25, 2017, 10:09 AM

That's one of the classiest responses to one of the most classless reactions I've ever heard. Dabo just poured hot coals over his bald head, and Paul, whether he admits it or not, is stewing in his juices.

Thanks Dabo. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another comparison of the two coaches

Jul 25, 2017, 10:15 AM

Nick Saban was 52 and it was 13 years after becoming a head coach that he won his first national championship. His next ones came as ages 58, 60, 61, and 64 if my math is correct (within a year at least).

Dabo Swinney was 47 and it was 7 years after becoming a head coach that he won his first national championship. This would mean Dabo would need to win his next four titles in the next 11, 13, 14, and 17 years respectively. Not saying he will or won't match the total number of titles, but he has a lot of time to do it and is sitting in a great position to say it is very possible.

Saban's winning percentage as a college head coach is 77% and Dabo's is 76%. Now I will concede that Alabama's schedule has been much tougher over the course of Saban's 267 game career compared to Dabo's 117 game career as a college head coach, but I would also argue that the winning percentages of both coaches have been much higher later in their careers, when they've had the chance to establish programs totally influenced by their leadership.

Comparing Dabo to Saban is not delusional. I think both coaches would take it as a compliment to say Dabo could be the next Nick Saban. Don't ESPN analysts do that all the time with players who don't have nearly the accomplishments of great veterans, but show similarities or the potential to one day be at or surpass that level?

Re: Another comparison of the two coaches

Jul 25, 2017, 5:20 PM

That is the most thoughtful analysis I have seen on the subject. Cannot argue with facts...unless your last name is Finebaum :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Job Dabo

Jul 25, 2017, 10:22 AM

Good job of rising above the fray coach. Way to keep it All In perspective.

"... when you've actually done something other than 1 " NC

Jul 25, 2017, 10:28 AM

we've won 2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!@

Jul 25, 2017, 10:43 AM

Where is it written that "professional" sports casting personalities have to be overly opinionated belligerent a-holes?

Fair is Fair, but War is War

Jul 25, 2017, 10:53 AM

Objectivity is what all great journalists should ascribe to. Paul Finebaum is not great because he's not objective. His record of posts and subsequent mistakes speak for themselves.

He speaks of 'intoxicated fanbase'. He should explain that slight. Are we exuberant over winning a National Championship. You bet. Over the opinion of the multitudes like him truly. Any explanation Paul how you got it so wrong? Of course not. A second tier, or burgeoning first tier coach just beat the best. Imagine that.

The point is Clemson did beat 'the best' and took the throne. That it is hard for you to accept is bitter for you but sweet for the Tiger Nation that you call intoxicated.

Swinney was so gracious in his comments about Finebaum. Typical Dabo. Finebaum is king among college football analysts, maybe in his own mind. He was typical though, insulting. One is a great person that develops men and inspires men to greatness. The other is a mouthpiece that inspires nothing but negativity and disdain.

What Finebaum will never understand is that looking on the outside evaluating players and coaches as an expert but never walking the walk is just an opinion. Everybody has one.

Finebaum's ego is immense. It's time to topple the so called king to where deserves to be.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever created that youtube video...

Jul 26, 2017, 10:48 AM

PROMOTE THAT GUY

Jul 26, 2017, 11:12 PM

Swinney is one coach I adore. He is such a class act. He doesn't let many get by with knocking his Tigers!!! Love him.

Tigers, lets not be complacent and think all teams will lay down for you. You will have to show them over and over who you are!!!! Every team will be drawing their six shooters on you...I believe your will draw first and last. Go Tigers!!!!

Jul 29, 2017, 7:40 PM

Winning is intoxicating. Can't think of a better elixir.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic