Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to say it, but if Dabo is serious about the best 11
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 111
| visibility 1

I hate to say it, but if Dabo is serious about the best 11

Jan 28, 2014, 12:42 PM

playing, then Humphries shouldn't be on the field for anymore than 30% of the snaps taken in formations where his particular position is featured in the offense.

I get that he's reliable, and knows his assignments, etc... but he's not the best, nor the most explosive on our team.

It's the coach's jobs to hammer the player's assignments until it becomes second nature, to instill toughness in them and desire to man-handle blocks downfield.

If Scott or Hopper have to sit and watch Humphries take 90% of the snaps this year, and gain 2 yards here, and 3 yards there, without ever breaking a tackle, or a long one to the house.... I will be absolutely livid.

Anybody with me on this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOT ME.***

Jan 28, 2014, 12:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to say it, but if Dabo is serious about the best 11

Jan 28, 2014, 12:47 PM

Not me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris has no favorites.

Jan 28, 2014, 12:48 PM

Humphries plays over them because he knows the offense better, is probably the best blocker on the team, and generally knows what he's doing. Hopper didn't play a lot last year because he's young and is till learning the system. Don't forget that around the FSU, UMD, UV games you saw the inexperience in our young freshmen as they ran wrong routes causing a few ints.

Jan 28, 2014, 12:48 PM

nope. disagree. the way he blocked in the bowl alone shows you should keep him there. catches are just one aspect of what he brings

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you watch football?***

Jan 28, 2014, 12:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Do you watch football?***lol! thanks!***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only when he's high.

Jan 28, 2014, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Do you watch football?*** ]

I understand the game slows down significantly when you do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

What's the point of having a more "explosive" player

on the field if he's going to be missing blocks, running the wrong routes, and missing assignments?

Best =/= most athletic. Humphries is undoubtedly one of our best receivers.

Re: What's the point of having a more "explosive" player

Jan 28, 2014, 12:53 PM

It takes time to build trust with coaches, and you have to do it with actions in practice and games not recruiting rankings from high school. (especially at that level of competition)

That makes Humphries a tremendous asset. Hopefully the other players will step up their games and gain that trust as well, but coaches have too much to lose to not make their players earn it.

Can't say that I agree,...

Humphries is totally reliable. His lack of flash is the exact thing that gets him open on numerous occasions. It almost seems that defenses don't take him seriously. That leaves him open a lot and he'll absolutely burn you. Kind of reminds me of the old saying;
"He's dumb like a fox".

Jan 28, 2014, 12:51 PM

Reliability is #1 on list of importance.

I'd take a guy that will get 3 yards every time he's targeted over a guy who will get 30 yards when the weather is right.

Jan 28, 2014, 4:03 PM

like everyone else I totally disagree! Humphries is more than reliable and probably should have been used more. Which is one reason I look forward to next year. Using ALL the receivers.

Like so many have said, watch the OB. Sammy had over 130 yds "after the catch". Because of #11s blocking.

Another example that stood out to me. When Stoudt was in, very few of our quick screens amounted to very much. The reason being......... no blocking from the receivers. YOU HAVE to get a block from the other WRs to get past the first defender.

We will miss Sammy A LOT, but I like the idea of Cole spreading it around to all receivers including Humphries. It will make us very hard to defend, and Cole showed he can make the reads.

Humphries is very much a Wes Welker kind of guy and should have a hell of a year. AND, with him doing the grunt work and occupying LBs in the middle of the field, it will open up things for the more explosive but young and inexperienced play makers to make big plays.

Jan 28, 2014, 12:51 PM

Not hardly. You obviously have no idea what he contributes

POTD! Finally someone gets it***

Jan 28, 2014, 12:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Let'em have it! Poster Offer a Thumbs Down...(POTD)???

Jan 28, 2014, 1:22 PM

;)

Not.

I think you are looking at physical attributes. This kid has been on the field from day one, WITH Sammy, Nuk, Brown, and over the host of other receivers we have. Adam deserves to be on the field. Name one reason he shouldn't play? Hopper is fast, thats about it. Scott hasn't even taken a practice snap. Of course more receivers will play but in Athens it will be Peake, Hump, and Williams...with the coyote others

Sorry, with the couple of other deserving players coming in to support.

Humphries is a very good, physical blocker at least

Jan 28, 2014, 12:54 PM

Some of these younger guys don't have the blocking down yet. Humphries has a very valuable role, as seen against OSU. He was laying some vicious blocks down for Sammy all night.

Well you guys are assuming that nobody else can block or

Jan 28, 2014, 12:54 PM

Knows their assignments, or can catch the football 9 times out of 10. I said that it's our coaches jobs to make all other things equal, to where talent should be the deciding factor. And he wasn't all that reliable on the dropped punt vs usc jr.

LOL

Jan 28, 2014, 12:56 PM

You are the one making an assumption. You assume that Dabo/Chad are playing Adam despite him not being a player who gives us the best chance to win.

We're simply saying that the coaches know what they're doing and aren't just playing favorites with playing time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank goodness that Dabo and company don't check the

Jan 28, 2014, 2:51 PM

internet to see who plays or sits.

Completely agree! I don't understand why

Jan 28, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Well you guys are assuming that nobody else can block or ]

everyone is disagreeing with you, when it's obvious you know your stuff and you are correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I know right?!?!?!

Jan 28, 2014, 1:00 PM

I mean, age, time in the system, maturity level, reliable hands, knowing your assignements are no comparison to the fact another kid with unreliable hands and no knowledge of the playbook but is faster and has more FUTURE potential is the best option!!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

^^^ sniffs bait...

Jan 28, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Completely agree! I don't understand why ]

swims away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well you guys are assuming that nobody else can block or

Jan 28, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Well you guys are assuming that nobody else can block or ]

> Knows their assignments, or can catch the football 9
> times out of 10. I said that it's our coaches jobs to
> make all other things equal, to where talent should
> be the deciding factor. And he wasn't all that
> reliable on the dropped punt vs usc jr.

Idiot!!

it is obvious what your problem is...

Jan 28, 2014, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Well you guys are assuming that nobody else can block or ]

First you have started posts all day and on other days just for reactions and argument. That is the definition of a troll and attention #####.

Next, you are basing your reasoning on a dropped punt. If that had been in any other game, you would not still be talking about it.

You don't take into consideration that he was the 3rd leading receiver...only 1 pass less than Bryant. He was 4th in all purpose yds. If you watch the games close enough, you would see that he was a heck of a blocker for Sammy and was the reason Sammy scored some touchdowns.

Sure, he had some fumbled at some bad times, but I bet they would not have talked about as much if they had been against different teams. People tend to remember those moments and overlook what he did to help this team.

Last time i checked

Jan 28, 2014, 12:55 PM

being reliable and knowing your assignments generally made you one of the best!!

I'll take reliable and knowledgeable over potential until it develops any day!!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

lol

null

I'm with you 100%...

Adam is a good kid, but it's time for him to take a seat.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch his blocking in the Orange Bowl?

Jan 28, 2014, 12:56 PM

He was a very large part of why the passes to the flat to Sammy went for 8 to 10 yards apiece.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you watch his blocking in the Orange Bowl?

Jan 28, 2014, 1:04 PM

I watched him and he did a great job, but there will be other WRs on the team who are playmakers and can also block.

That's an assumption for sure.

Jan 28, 2014, 1:07 PM

Lets also remember that he made a very nice (and important) catch against LSU to put us in chipshot FG range at the end.

He isn't exactly a non-receiver who blocks. But he is VERY good at blocking and obviously is seen by the coaches as someone who helps the team win. Not sure where this second guessing is coming from.

The second guessing is from the two punt returns against

Jan 28, 2014, 1:12 PM

South Carolina.

But still not a reason to bench him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt there.

Jan 28, 2014, 1:14 PM

He had a horrible game in the return department.

But to be honest, I'm not sure we really even have a strategy on returns.

It seems to be a weak spot the past couple years for sure.

Jan 28, 2014, 1:15 PM

I get antsy whenever a punter can boom it high so there are players nearby our returner.

Maybe we need to work on the blocking to stop open runners getting there so soon? I don't know.

One of those muffs was caused

Jan 28, 2014, 2:50 PM [ in reply to The second guessing is from the two punt returns against ]

By another player..... No fault of adam

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I think it is clear the OP and those agreeing with him don't

Jan 28, 2014, 3:40 PM

care about the facts like that...

Re: Did you watch his blocking in the Orange Bowl?

Jan 28, 2014, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you watch his blocking in the Orange Bowl? ]

I love when morons who have never played the game make posts. Blocking isnt just something everyone is great at.

null

Re: I'm with you 100%...

Jan 28, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to I'm with you 100%... ]

> Adam is a good kid, but it's time for him to take a
> seat.

Time for you to leave the scene, along with the other idiot.

I'm here to stay, get used to it and kick rocks.***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:21 PM

Yeah, we've heard it before.

Jan 28, 2014, 7:22 PM

"We're here, we're baptist, get use to it!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah we herd that from GWP and lbu***

Jan 28, 2014, 7:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

And what's your reasoning for that?

Jan 28, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to I'm with you 100%... ]

Let me guess it's because he was a 2 star prospect out of HS and isn't your stereotypical WR.

Behind Nuke and Sammy he has been the most consistent WR on our roster the past 2 years, and If you want to replace him with someone like Hopper, who probably only played about 60 or so meaningful snaps, or Scott, who hasn't even had a day of practice at college level, you are out of your mind.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Kid, it's a snow day, go do your homework or play in the snow!***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Who's to say Hopper and Scott won't be able to lay the wood

Jan 28, 2014, 1:05 PM

On guys downfield? We'll see. I just don't think that it should be a situation where Hump has the job locked down because of what he's done in the past, without giving others (with more game-breaking potential) a legitimate chance to go out and prove what they can do.

That is, in itself, another assumption

Jan 28, 2014, 1:08 PM

You are assuming that Humphries shouldn't be on the field and that the coaches have decided to overlook any competition and are just gifting him his playing time.

I see no reason to believe either of those things.

There was once a time when

Jan 28, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Who's to say Hopper and Scott won't be able to lay the wood ]

Clemson sent guys to the NFL because they were great blockers. Those days went away and hopefully with guys such as Humphries, they will return. Some of the other WR's could take lessons from Adam on this art. HE WILL have a great senior season.

So who is better?***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:06 PM

GO WATCH THE ORANGE BOWL

Jan 28, 2014, 1:08 PM

and tell me who was out there doing the dirty work helping Sammy get his YAC
Tell me who didn't make any crazy plays but went out there and did exactly what the coaches told him to in order to execute our (very effective) gameplan

Re: GO WATCH THE ORANGE BOWL

Jan 28, 2014, 1:20 PM

Great Post, MB93Tiger, you hit the nail on the head!!! Adam is a very good player and he did some awesome blocking in the Orange Bowl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2014, 1:09 PM

Big difference between best 11 athletes and best 11 football players.

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Jan 28, 2014, 1:10 PM

do not agree!! he makes big contributions in lots of ways.he deserves to start

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adam Humphries and Ryan Carter

Jan 28, 2014, 1:11 PM

should be on the practice squad. Wherethe hell do all of you get this sh#t?? They are inadequate. Yay they are feel good stories but do not compare to the other talent around or behind them. True story.

Re: Adam Humphries and Ryan Carter

Jan 28, 2014, 1:23 PM

> should be on the practice squad. Wherethe hell do all
> of you get this sh#t?? They are inadequate. Yay they
> are feel good stories but do not compare to the other
> talent around or behind them. True story.

You are very stupid

Are you normally this stupid?***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Adam Humphries and Ryan Carter ]

> playing, then Humphries shouldn't be on the field for
> anymore than 30% of the snaps taken in formations
> where his particular position is featured in the
> offense.
>
> I get that he's reliable, and knows his assignments,
> etc... but he's not the best, nor the most explosive
> on our team.
>
> It's the coach's jobs to hammer the player's
> assignments until it becomes second nature, to
> instill toughness in them and desire to man-handle
> blocks downfield.
>
> If Scott or Hopper have to sit and watch Humphries
> take 90% of the snaps this year, and gain 2 yards
> here, and 3 yards there, without ever breaking a
> tackle, or a long one to the house.... I will be
> absolutely livid.
>
> Anybody with me on this?

Not me you don't see the games very well do you.

You should stop "onedering" and start thinking

that would be a good place to start.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jan 28, 2014, 1:15 PM

NO!!!!!

He's not too fast, but he's gritty as all get out.

Jan 28, 2014, 1:16 PM

I can tell just by looking at him.

He's got that Wes Welker thing going

Jan 28, 2014, 1:18 PM

;)

Re: He's not too fast, but he's gritty as all get out.

Jan 28, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to He's not too fast, but he's gritty as all get out. ]

I thought I heard earlier this season that he is much faster than what people think.

All this will sort itself out...Just like Venables did with

Jan 28, 2014, 1:18 PM

Shuey and Anthony. Shuey had shown that he knew the D playbook better and won himself the starting position. It's great for pushing players to do better.

Locking a player in at a position does not give them any real incentive to really work hard. They may think they're working hard...till the kid next to them is spending an extra hour in the film room, doing an extra exercise, getting an extra rep in the wight room. The best will play and more will be revealed in Spring practice...

Wow.***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Alright guys, just cool it with the thumb downs

Jan 28, 2014, 1:25 PM

I understand he was a beast in the blocking department for the majority of the year, okay? All I'm saying is that at the level at which we've been recruiting, we haven't been able to find any on who can beast blocks down field, catch the ball, AND make a play after the catch? Assignment football shouldn't be a problem if the coaches are doing their jobs, especially with Scott already enrolled.

Re: Alright guys, just cool it with the thumb downs

Jan 28, 2014, 1:28 PM

Wow 62%, that's borderline COOT!!!

I get why you are thinking along this route...probably

Jan 28, 2014, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Alright guys, just cool it with the thumb downs ]

because Humphries has no flash. I think he's a pretty solid player but I think the USuCk game left a sour taste in many people's mouth...the kid can only improve. Also, you can't assume Scott or any other incoming WR will be better. We did that with Bellamy and 200 fumbles later, we saw reality.

Cool it on the thumbs down - not me I have have as many as

Jan 28, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Alright guys, just cool it with the thumb downs ]

you have ignorant posts. So now, it is the coaches that are not doing their jobs by playing a guy who gets the job done. Scott may turn out to be Clemson's best receiver ever, but he hasn't beat anyone out even as a back-up yet.

To coin a phrase . . . Not Me.***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

No!***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:29 PM

This guy really struck a nerve...

Jan 28, 2014, 1:37 PM

I haven't seen this many comments in one hour in a while.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, word of advice...

Jan 28, 2014, 1:38 PM

Always raise your point total to protect against those that landblast you from here to Timbuktu...

Take that advice with a grade of slaw...

Dumb

Jan 28, 2014, 1:45 PM

>
> If Scott or Hopper have to sit and watch Humphries
> take 90% of the snaps this year, and gain 2 yards
> here, and 3 yards there, without ever breaking a
> tackle, or a long one to the house.... I will be
> absolutely livid.
>
> Anybody with me on this?

No, because you don't know what you are talking about.

Go look on Youtube for the Syracuse game video and tell me again about Hump not taking one to the house. He averaged more yards per catch and had at the very least two catches longer than Hopper's longest. But you are concerned about Hump not taking a long one to the house?

And athletic ability is great and all, but if you can't consistently apply it on the field you end up doing more harm than good. Hopper had every opportunity early in the season (more snaps than Humphries in the SC State, UVA and Wake games)to earn more playing time and his inconsistency cost him snaps. It speaks volumes that even after we lost Peake for the year and depth started to become an issue that Hopper's snaps trended downward after the Syracuse game. Mike Williams showed that young players who do their job consistently get the snaps and those that don't sit the bench.

Message was edited by: Kaplony®

"Breaking one to the house" = YAC, Not a missed assignment

Jan 28, 2014, 1:49 PM

on D that resulted in no Cuse player being within 30 yards of him when he made the catch before essentially walking 15 yards to the endzone.

Whatever

Jan 28, 2014, 2:05 PM

Six points is six points. You call it a defensive breakdown, I call it a WR running the proper route and beating the coverage. Perhaps if Hopper did that more often and stays out of trouble 9remember he was suspended for the BC game for violation of team rules) he wouldn't have seen his playing time dwindle as the season dragged on.

I know as a former coach I wouldn't hesitate to bench a possibly more talented but inconsistent player in favor of one who is not only more dependable but does the little things on the field even when the ball isn't coming his way.

The Syracuse defense says HELLO.......................***

Jan 28, 2014, 1:46 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Syracute'...they've earned some demeaning moniker after

Jan 28, 2014, 1:49 PM

their ###hat of a coach...

My Dad watched that game on TV and his word for their

Jan 28, 2014, 8:23 PM

coach was EVIL.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might be a onederkid 60% but no wonderkid!

Jan 28, 2014, 1:52 PM

FAIL

Jan 28, 2014, 2:03 PM

The best 11 certainly doesn't mean the most talented or explosive. There are a ton of variables that make up a player, many of which are subjective in terms of evaluating them. Adam Humphries will be on the field a lot, and he should be. What 4 receivers would you start over him? I don't see these young guys coming in and mastering the play book. You can be as gifted, explosive, and fast as you want, but if you don't know where to line up, how to read the defense, how to make adjustments, how to run precise routes, and where to find holes in coverage, you are going to have a tough time getting on the field consistently.

No***

Jan 28, 2014, 2:28 PM

Height and speed aren't everything there

Jan 28, 2014, 2:34 PM

Is to the position. Adam blocks well. In fact his blocking is the reason the backs got loose many times

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

outstanding blocker and good hands. gets open***

Jan 28, 2014, 3:23 PM

Nope***

Jan 28, 2014, 3:36 PM

Humhries.

Jan 28, 2014, 4:13 PM

For me, I have to say I disagree with you. Since we don't know what to expect with the true freshman yet. Humphries is no doubt one of the top 3 receivers on the team, after Peake and Williams (the Humphries). Great hands and very reliable.

So sorry, no..can't agree.

absolutely

Jan 28, 2014, 4:31 PM

hes is a role player.

period.

I want the best man on the field, don't care who it is. I

Jan 28, 2014, 4:36 PM

like Humphries, but i think he gets a little overrated around here. I don't know if it's because he's the tough little white kid playing a skill position typically dominated by black guys these days or what, but it happens.

Anyway, if Humphries is the best man for the job he should be in there. He IS reliable and sure-handed, i just don't want to hear about how he's open on every play and only Tajh Boyd's limitations as a QB prevented him from being Wes Welker incarnate the last couple of years.

Agreed, I want the best 11 on the field - whoever that may b

Jan 28, 2014, 4:53 PM

I want everyone in camp to be nameless, faceless guys w/ zero of their past accomplishments or failures weighted into the starting equation. If Humphries is one of those guys, and none of the fresher faces can prove worthy of being on the field, then I'll be the first to congratulate him and pull for him all the way... bc that would mean he's one of the best 11.

However, I would also probably feel like our coaches may not have been efficient as they should've been either of coaching these guys or on the scouting and recruiting trail.

Now if Hump goes out and becomes an all-pro or even a starter in the NFL, then I will have been proved very wrong, but I just don't see it. There's nothing that I'm aware of that can't be drilled into an, practiced and performed on the big stage by another, more explosive guy on our team.

Two things:

Jan 28, 2014, 5:00 PM

1. Yeah - our ability to scout talent and recruit should be seriously scrutinized. With our long track record of busts and really poor ratings of our recruiting years - clearly this is a problem.

2. With coaches spending a bagillion hours with our guys - on the field, in the film room, etc . . . I am CERTAIN they are putting the BEST 11 players on the field.

Dabo and Co. have MILLIONS of dollars at stake if they don't.

Sammy was on the field from the get-go because he was the best.

If any of these other supposed, fairytale explosive guys you keep harping on exist - they would have already been on the field.

Sammy proves this.

What don't you get about this ? ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Two things:

Jan 28, 2014, 5:13 PM

Okay, I get it.... passing on Sidney Rice, Alshon, and Quinshad Davis were all really superb scouting decisions.

When Rice was playing for usc Jr, didn't we have like Xavier Dye and a Walk on receiver starting for us? With CJ Spiller in the backfield? The reason why we were embarrassed by VT in Blacksburg and had our ACC championship appearance taken from us is because they completely took away the run by stacking the box (bc our passing game wasn't a threat).

At least we brought in elite WRs Marquan Jones and Bryce McNeal so that would never happen again.... oh wait.

Wrong on so many levels

Jan 28, 2014, 8:10 PM

Rice was a class of 2004 recruit for the coots and went pro after his RS Soph year, Xavier Dye was a 2006 recruit for Clemson and wasn't on the depth chart as a true freshman. Rice's last year as a coot our starters were Aaron Kelly, Tyler Grisham, and Chansi Stuckey.

In 2010, four years after Rice left cootlumbia, we had five WR start games, none were a walk on. Jaron Brown and Deandre Hopkins started most of the games, with Dye, Marquan Jones, and Bryce McNeal starting several games each.

This is the point where you stop digging because your ignorance on the matter at hand has left you in a hole you simply can't get out of.

Jan 28, 2014, 4:48 PM

Wow your status really took a tumble on his one!!!

You smokin them tweeds again or what?***

Jan 28, 2014, 7:19 PM

What do you do when you're "livid"?

Jan 28, 2014, 7:22 PM

That may influence my answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

ahhhaaaa you're high tooo...

Jan 28, 2014, 7:31 PM

I Just start punching children and elderly women and military personnel square in the face.

kaplony

Jan 28, 2014, 8:21 PM

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272790228

AK was a greay wr at clemson, bc there was literally nobody else to throw to. He was a two star. Bryce McNeal would've been more prolific, and held the records AK did, had he of been grouped with the pathetic core or WRs we had in those years.

Not ignorant. Click the link hot shot.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272790228

Look kid

Jan 28, 2014, 10:05 PM

Ashe might have started the VT game, I can't find the official stats from Clemson. He was the 3rd leading reciver in the game behind Kelly and Grisham. If he did start the VT game it was for reasons other than productivity because he only had 7 catches in 2007 and 5 came in the VT game alone. I would imagine if he did start it was because Jacoby Ford was injured because Ford had no catches in the VT game, and it was only one of four games he started in his career.

Jan 28, 2014, 8:23 PM

I don't "hate to say it" but you are stooopid!!

AK, Grish and Terrance Ashe all went on to have fantastic careers...

Jan 28, 2014, 8:27 PM

And it doesn't matter when rice, and Alshon were there.... just that we passed them up bc we didn't feel they were worth a scholarship.

Re: AK, Grish and Terrance Ashe all went on to have fantastic careers...

Jan 28, 2014, 8:47 PM

Please let this ASININE thread DIE!!!

Correct answer. We didn't want them at Clemson.***

Jan 28, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to AK, Grish and Terrance Ashe all went on to have fantastic careers... ]

Jan 28, 2014, 9:31 PM

You obviously havent seen him block. You mentioned reliable and he understands the system. We have explosive players already

Played WR in high school, and started bc of my ability to block

Jan 28, 2014, 9:56 PM

Down field and do all of the little things the right way and catch everything. I know how difficult blocking downfield can be, but if I was taught it by a no name hs coach and could carry it out successfully, than every single one of our WRs at an ELITE college football university like Clemson should be taught it, and perform it at a very high level (blocking downfield).

I was also the place kick holder, punt returner and signaler to the long snapper for the punt (bc of the reliability to block). I know very well Humps role, but disagree that he should be allowed that role on a football team like Clemson.

I can promise you that I've forgotten much more about the WR position than you've ever even learned.

So now we're ELITE? Earlier today we were only

Jan 28, 2014, 10:00 PM

"borderline" elite. Did something exciting happen today to change that?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Played WR in high school, and started bc of my ability to block

Jan 28, 2014, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Played WR in high school, and started bc of my ability to block ]

did you drive the bus too?

Jan 28, 2014, 10:21 PM

I disagree with you. He is dependable and the go to guy.

First off, you spelled "wonder" wrong

Jan 28, 2014, 10:31 PM

and then you made this post.

Completely disagree

Jan 28, 2014, 11:42 PM

I don't think you quite comprehend the many different facets that are taken into consideration when you judge a player on how "good" he is.

Athletic ability will only take you so far.

Jan 29, 2014, 1:00 AM

So, what is the all time TNet record for percentage drop in tiger pulse in one 24 hour period?

I rememebr this argument came up about Bellamy

Jan 29, 2014, 8:56 AM

He had talent and speed in spades yet he was behind Ellington and Howard in 2011. You know the reason why? Because he didn't know where he was supposed to be on the field and fumbled far too often. Yet I still heard some people say that he needed more touches because he was so "explosive".

Talent means nothing if you aren't reliable. Humph is arguably our most reliable WR and he has won games for us as well. If the young guys come in and show his level of consistency then I'm sure they'll play over him. if not, they won't. With a new QB starting next year the last thing you need is for his WRs to be anything less then reliable

Jan 29, 2014, 10:59 AM

Not Me.

Much more to the position than just receiving and YAC.

He may be the best blocking WR we have, he also runs the rub routes correctly.

I hope they improve, but the Freshmen WR's have a long way to go in their game without the ball in their hands.

Replies: 111
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic