Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to say it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,204

I hate to say it

Oct 13, 2012, 11:20 AM

but FSU winning out and going to the ACCCG may not be a bad thing for us. Lets consider that two out of the last three seasons we have faced Carolina before heading to the ACCCG. Excluding 2010, a year that Carolina just had a better team than ours, we were just as good as or probably better than the Chickens. However, we came out with pathetic, uninspired performances and laid an egg. In the TB years we never had a conference champ game to look ahead to, therefore I think our players were more focused and inspired against USCjr.

So lets say we win out until that game and so does FSU, I think beating Carolina, going 11-1, possibly getting an at large BCS bid, and having FSU 12-1 in the orange bowl is a better situation for us. I would take that over losing 4 in a row and winning an almost meaningless ACCCG no one respects. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to say it

Oct 13, 2012, 11:23 AM

We have got to beat the coots this season. At this point, that should be priority number 1.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

I hate to say it....but you are wrong

Oct 13, 2012, 11:24 AM

Us winning a championship is best for us......

We need to beat the coots too.

We don;t have to choose either or......DO BOTH!

Message was edited by: MackDaddy®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: I hate to say it....but you are wrong

Oct 13, 2012, 11:28 AM

Agreed on the "do both," but if you have to prioritize, i have to thing that beating SUC is more important. Let's be honest, we compete with SUC on the recruiting trail a lot more than we do with the majority of our ACC bretheren. Plus, a win over SUC at this point looks better than a win over any ACC team.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

I agree we should do both, but at this

Oct 13, 2012, 11:28 AM

point in time I would rather us beat Carolina. Most fans would say that it would be a lot more enjoyable than beating Duke, Miami, UNC, etc. in an ACCCG that no one respects

I'm not falling into this trap of what I'd rather have...

Oct 13, 2012, 11:54 AM

choose one.

I'd rather have both.....and right now both are still on the table.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not falling into this trap of what I'd rather have...

Oct 13, 2012, 11:56 AM

Speaking of on the table......a nice Fried Chicken is always yummy

Re: I hate to say it- the day I pull for FSU or the Coots

Oct 13, 2012, 11:30 AM

you need to just commit me to an institution cause my mind will be gone

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2012, 11:53 AM

Your theory may be flawed. 2009 SCAR team was inferior and got embarrassed by UCONN in the pizza bowl. 2011 SCAR finished season #8 so I'm not sure last year's loss was due to looking forward to ACC champ game. No reason coaches should not have had team ready to play last year.

A couple of points..

Oct 13, 2012, 11:54 AM

...and I'll open with one point of agreement: Having the ACC title game the week after the Capons does create a distraction.

That said, I WANT that distraction every year. If the ACC title is "meaningless" as you profess, then what does that say about the teams that didn't get to the title game? If we want that title to mean something then it is incumbent on us to MAKE it mean something.

And that means whipping our opponent the week before.

I also note your contention that with the exception of 2010, when UCS had a better team, we were uninspired and lame going into the UCS game. We were also going into Columbia, into what has been the strongest passel of Chickens in the past 30 years.

In essence, we need to win out and let the cards fall. If we end up playing for the ACC CG, then we're in line for a BCS game. If FSU runs the table, including the Florida game, then we're playing the Chickens for a BCS game.

Either way, the taste of chicken flesh will be sweet.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: I hate to say it

Oct 13, 2012, 12:10 PM

Good luck with that LOL!

From what I have seen of the coots, they are very good.

Oct 13, 2012, 12:31 PM

ACCCG or not, they will be hard to beat. Their DL is most impressive.

That said, I cannot imagine an entire class of coots never losing to us. That is what will happen if we don't win this season.

For whatever reason, Pitchfork Ben has seen fit to forsake us. It is not ours to question him. But I urge all Clemson fans to examine themselves. Maybe PFB will see fit to reinstate the Curse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2012, 1:00 PM

we should worry about the Duke game right now.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,204
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic