Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Muschamp giving OrTre Smith and his mom the hard sell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Muschamp giving OrTre Smith and his mom the hard sell

Jun 15, 2016, 11:54 AM

Momma seems all about academics. If that's true, I can't see how SCar stays in the mix very long.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-recruiting/phil-kornblut/article83886947.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muschamp giving OrTre Smith and his mom the hard sell

Jun 15, 2016, 12:01 PM

By the time they got to Clemson Google Clemson had the academic stats for that school in Columbia. This may be a new focus for SCar but Dabo has been achieving this from the beginning. Quality of student, academics, athlete

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jun 15, 2016, 12:11 PM

So Boom is whispering "Forget-Me-Nots" into the ears of his visiting prospect's ears ?

Does that smack of desperation to anyone but I ? The guy sounds like he already knows he's lost the fight , before he's even fielded a team in Columbia .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Their Ears

Jun 15, 2016, 12:13 PM

Do not have ears .
My mostake wash not en prufreeding it 1irst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 15, 2016, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp giving OrTre Smith and his mom the hard sell ]

Recruiting in general is pretty desperate and sad when you think about it.

I can't imagine how coaches really enjoy having to coddle a bunch of high school kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Yea, particularly when you're losing it.... Winning, naw....***

Jun 15, 2016, 12:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of desperate and sad...look who's back on a Tiger

Jun 15, 2016, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp giving OrTre Smith and his mom the hard sell ]

board...just can't stay away can you?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of desperate and sad...look who's back on a Tiger

Jun 15, 2016, 12:58 PM

coots gonna coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

he's lost the fight , before he's even fielded a team -TRUE

Jun 15, 2016, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp giving OrTre Smith and his mom the hard sell ]

He's begging real talent and accepting commitments from less than stellar talent too early for someone that would he think he has a chance.

PS, Don't tell the Coots.They are convinced that they are all Diamonds in the rough and that Chump has the talent to coach em up.He couldn't coach 4-5 star talent at Florida and made the 4-5 star heavy Auburn D worse. The fanbase is happy about the Steele hire. That says all you need to know about Chump.

Mama went to Clemson, so she knows about the difference

Jun 15, 2016, 12:03 PM

about the academics at the 2 schools. There's a few "stories" out there that he will commit Friday and there will be a Meltdown In Coot Town.

I hate to be "that guy" claiming inside sources, but

Jun 15, 2016, 12:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I hate to be "that guy" claiming inside sources, but

Jun 15, 2016, 12:27 PM

I see jock itch is back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time I saw that picture, we lost out on Gary to

Jun 15, 2016, 12:38 PM [ in reply to I hate to be "that guy" claiming inside sources, but ]

Whorebaugh. Don't jinx it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't say?***

Jun 15, 2016, 12:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

and the circle of its life is now complete.***

Jun 15, 2016, 2:34 PM

Re: and the circle of its life is now complete.******

Jun 15, 2016, 2:38 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

the operative word is "SELL"....

Jun 15, 2016, 12:34 PM

it's all BS, no truth,

all hype, no fact,

all promises, only to be broken,

all fans, veils, and cleavage, with a dagger in the other hand,

I have no earthly idea how they get anyone in their right mind to go to that school.

Re: the operative word is "SELL"....

Jun 15, 2016, 12:40 PM

Because it's a pretty fun place.

You have to remember you're coming from years of hatred toward USC.

Most kids picking a college are looking at it objectively.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they look at it objectively

Jun 15, 2016, 12:42 PM

then we'll win the recruiting battle. Every. Single. Time.

Jun 15, 2016, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: the operative word is "SELL".... ]

"objectively" why would a kid pick usuck over Clemson?

they prefer the smell of urine?***

Jun 15, 2016, 12:50 PM

Re: they prefer the smell of urine?***

Jun 15, 2016, 12:58 PM

They enjoy the taste of doo doo ice?

they don't know the difference down there...they just call

Jun 15, 2016, 3:57 PM

it ice

Jun 15, 2016, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: the operative word is "SELL".... ]

The most obvious would be you want to live in a city.

Jun 15, 2016, 1:09 PM

Isn't it kind of sad that the "selling point" you came up with has nothing to do with the university itself?

Jun 15, 2016, 1:11 PM

Guess we just have to agree to disagree on this one because it seems pretty obvious location has something to do with the university.

Jun 15, 2016, 1:13 PM

If you're selling location over your sport of choice/academics you've already lost the battle.

Jun 15, 2016, 1:16 PM

Just depends on the person.

Jun 15, 2016, 1:19 PM

Objectively, I'm sure location factors heavily into the decision making process of which institution of higher learning to attend....

Jun 15, 2016, 1:35 PM

I'm glad we agree.

Jun 15, 2016, 1:36 PM

I'm glad you understand sarcasm. I guess I expected too much from a coot....

Jun 15, 2016, 1:39 PM

Wait you don't think location matters when picking a college?

Location matters. The point is that USuCk has to

Jun 15, 2016, 1:47 PM

sell location first and all else comes a very distant second. Location is even iffy because let's face it, plenty of schools are in actual cities. How does Columbia rank as far as size of city in the country? Heck, let's just look in the southeast. Oh and never mind the stadium is off campus and in the middle of an industrial park. Never mind the episode of gangland that took place in Columbia. Also, have fun pimping out that one conference championship banner from way back when in the ACC along with an empty trophy case.

Meanwhile, Clemson can sell academics and football success first. With the benefit of being a college football town.

Re: Location matters. The point is that USuCk has to

Jun 15, 2016, 2:00 PM

Up until two years ago we could sell football successs.

Admittedly it is hard right now.

Football success? You still don't get it.

Jun 15, 2016, 2:16 PM

When you could sell football success, how many BCS games have you been a part of? How many conference championships have you won? How many times have you played for a national championship? You had a couple nice seasons, but don't confuse that with football success for the program.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

Did you forget that SCU made it to the SEC Championship

Jun 15, 2016, 2:28 PM

game in 2010?

Here's the box score, in case you did.

AUB: 21 07 14 14 56
SCU: 07 07 00 03 17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^ Professional looking box score.***

Jun 15, 2016, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Hey now, to be fair they did set a record at the SECCG...

Jun 15, 2016, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Football success? You still don't get it. ]

LARGEST MARGIN OF DEFEAT

Re: Football success? You still don't get it.

Jun 15, 2016, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Football success? You still don't get it. ]

Succinctly put .

+1

DB23

Outback bowl = success?***

Jun 15, 2016, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Location matters. The point is that USuCk has to ]

Only a 3rd rate team would consider a 2nd rate bowl an

Jun 15, 2016, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Location matters. The point is that USuCk has to ]

accomplishment jacka$$

Re: Only a 3rd rate team would consider a 2nd rate bowl an

Jun 15, 2016, 9:26 PM

Re: the operative word is "SELL"....***

Jun 15, 2016, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: the operative word is "SELL".... ]

I hate being coniliatory, but there are some good reasons

Jun 15, 2016, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: the operative word is "SELL".... ]

Columbia is, for lack of a better word, more urban than Clemson. Some kids need the feel of a city.

A student who isn't as sure of his skills, but wants to play in big-time stadiums against perennial powers would give the Capons a long look. Honestly, with a couple of exceptions, our conference foes don't boast the atmosphere and energy of SEC opponents. Obviously, if you come play for Clemson, you'll have that intensity all season ... but kids who may not be good enough to crack the two-deep at Clemson can still find a home with the Capons. So, they can play more and bask in that "real football" atmosphere as they get their rear ends handed to them.

Connections: At this point a kid who signs with the Capons is effectively saying he doesn't see a future in pro ball. So ... he can build connections for when he goes home. Sure the diploma won't mean as much and yes, he may lie awake nights wondering how much better his life could have been. But still he'll have a diploma.

So, there are indeed reasons for a player to consider the Capons. They're just not good reasons ... but then, they probably aren't good players, either.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate being coniliatory, but there are some good reasons***

Jun 15, 2016, 2:39 PM

Re: I hate being coniliatory, but there are some good reasons

Jun 15, 2016, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I hate being coniliatory, but there are some good reasons ]

Many kids like to be home during Christmas holidays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2016, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: the operative word is "SELL".... ]

I attended USCe as a grad. student. The campus outside of the historic Horseshoe is scattered and not all that different from downtown buildings. To be frank it lacks character compared to many other institutions.

WBS compared to Death Valley is not anywhere close! USC has several excellent programs, but Clemson is a top 20 public university! When you add Dabo's record academically over his tenure Clemson will be hard to beat! Clemson sells itself!

Go Tigers!

The word "patronizing" seems to come to mind...I'll bet

Jun 15, 2016, 12:41 PM

OrTre's mom knows that is what it is and is probably getting a little tired of it. I feel totally confident that Dabo, Jeff Scoot, and the rest of the staff can make them very comfortable with our academics, culture, football program, etc. without it coming across as patronizing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poor Muschamp

Jun 15, 2016, 12:43 PM

His sales pitch is the coot track record and his track record. Talk about nothing to work with. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2016, 12:49 PM

"OrTre was the last to leave and he whispered to OrTre, ‘I need you.’"

Muschamp after Smith commits to Clemson.***

Jun 15, 2016, 12:53 PM

The writer didn't seem to know the recruit's name. He called

Jun 15, 2016, 1:19 PM

him both Shi and Ortre.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The writer didn't seem to know the recruit's name. He called

Jun 15, 2016, 1:30 PM

coots gonna coot.

Starting to sound kind of desperate.***

Jun 15, 2016, 1:30 PM

Jun 15, 2016, 1:58 PM

I'll go ahead and admit it, I'm not personally sold this kid is a difference-maker.

He could be another Mike Williams, I suppose, but he doesn't seem as fluid or smooth, and while he's got size and plenty of strength I don't see the body control either. I don't see that whoa-making acceleration off the line you see in a guy like Deon Cain or Cornell Powell. He definitely isn't in Hunter Renfrow's or Ray Ray McCloud's zip code when it comes to suddenness into his breaks.

He looks like a pretty solid, very large, possession-type receiver to my eyes. Obviously Dabo is the expert when it comes to evaluating wide receivers and I would not presume to argue with him - if he likes a kid, there's usually a reason - but usually you can see the obvious telltales in the tape and I'll admit I haven't seen them yet with Ortre.

Seems more like Shadell Bell than anybody else, sort of a big WR/TE tweener. I suppose he could grow into another Jared Cook or Brandon Ford and maybe that's the long-term plan with him.

Shadell Bell ,don't count him out.

Jun 15, 2016, 2:21 PM

He seemed to do good enough in practice to avoid the move to safety and keep Bryan Edwards from getting an offer as WR.

Mustcoot whispers in his ear, "I need you"

Jun 15, 2016, 7:47 PM

Did he follow up with a kiss and b's and j's?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mustcoot whispers in his ear, "I need you"

Jun 15, 2016, 7:51 PM

Sounds kind of creep and desperate. "I need you"???? Really? Wow.....

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic