Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to be a "downer" but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,506

Nov 17, 2019, 8:20 AM

the Titanic is unsinkable and Beating USuC is a lock.

2 weeks to prepare on both sides. On the road. Coot's bowl game. Mushcoot's chance to save his job. I expect Coots to play their best game of the year. That is the nature of a rivalry. Do not misunderstand me, I am not saying they will beat us- in fact I hope we beat them down hard - but just saying it is a lock because it's the Coots does not make it so. 2 weeks is a long time to prepare and add new wrinkles. Tigers need to be cautious.

As Dabo says each game is a season in itself. Our boys have got to be locked in. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to be a "downer" but

Nov 17, 2019, 8:23 AM

The Coots players have already given up for the season along with their fans. The stadium will be mostly Orange starting 3rd Quarter. 55-10

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 8:25 AM

Not necessarily.

They almost beat us when we were undefeated in 2015. Deshawn made a come-back. I was there. It was just the opposite. The stands started filling in more and more as it looked possible for the Coots to beat us.

We need to prepare HARD and smart.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 8:40 AM

You mean the game in which we turned the ball over and they got within 5, and then we put the game away with two minutes remaining? Yeah, they scored with a second left on the clock and got back to within 5 and then claimed they almost beat us for the next year and a half. That's exactly the only way they could keep this close, with turnovers, dropped passes and poor punts. I don't see it happening.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may be mostly Orange at the kickoff...***

Nov 17, 2019, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate to be a "downer" but ]

It may be mostly Orange at the kickoff...***

Nov 17, 2019, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate to be a "downer" but ]

Nov 17, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate to be a "downer" but ]

Probably 40% orange at the start of the game.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:23 AM

100 percent agree. Scary circumstances. We have to prepare for everything...lest we get caught sleeping.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:30 AM

I am not a player or a coach, but a fan. I agree that the ones associated with the team should not be looking ahead because they need to prepare. I do to. I am preparing for Atlanta or Glendale, because the next 2 games are not going to be close.

you haven't been paying attention to Clemson football

Nov 17, 2019, 8:32 AM

if you think we won't be 100% dialed in on the coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 8:35 AM

Well said! The coot team you saw last night will be nothing you’ll see in two weeks. They get a lot of people back healthy and they’ve had flashes this year. Anything can happen. Look how crazy last year was, even though I still think CBV was trying different defenses, and 2015 as mentioned above.

Definitely need to be dialed in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables was baiting the rest of the teams

Nov 17, 2019, 8:37 AM

he was showing the other teams how to beat Clemson, then he switched up. He does that.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:37 AM

I get nervous with just about every game. Anything can happen and no game is a "lock".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All Valid points

Nov 17, 2019, 9:02 AM

...but beat them and beat them badly we will. Clemson will win because the players/coaches are focused. It doesn't matter what the coots think, do, or throw at a focused Clemson team.

Score prediction:

70-3

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their defense is decent and can keep them in it

Nov 17, 2019, 9:10 AM

I don't see them scoring much, but if our offense stalls like it did against UNC then anything can happen. I see us winning something like 42-13, but as you said, that's no lock!

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you’ve frightened me a little...

Nov 17, 2019, 9:13 AM

I’m gonna go outside and do some cone drills and ‘good on good.’ Start taking this thing a little more seriously.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:27 AM

AThomas® said:

the Titanic is unsinkable and Beating USuC is a lock.

2 weeks to prepare on both sides. On the road. Coot's bowl game. Mushcoot's chance to save his job. I expect Coots to play their best game of the year. That is the nature of a rivalry. Do not misunderstand me, I am not saying they will beat us- in fact I hope we beat them down hard - but just saying it is a lock because it's the Coots does not make it so. 2 weeks is a long time to prepare and add new wrinkles. Tigers need to be cautious.

As Dabo says each game is a season in itself. Our boys have got to be locked in. Go Tigers!!!

Nov 17, 2019, 10:03 AM

"It's a rivalry game - throw out the record books." I get it. But the talent gap is so huge that we'd have to implode for them to win, and that ain't gonna happen. Look at the standings on some key stats -
Total offense - CU 3rd, UofSuC 79th.
Total defense- CU 2nd, UofSuC 58th.
Scoring offense - CU 5th, UofSuC 99th.
Scoring defense- CU 3rd, UofSuC 49th.
Passing efficiency - TL 8th, Hillinski 97th.
Rushing YPC - Etienne 1st, Feaster 45th

Do you think for a minute that they're going to be able to run the ball on us? Throw the ball on us? This will be a beat-down of epic proportions. The cops will be directing traffic at halftime.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Nov 17, 2019, 10:54 AM

I hate to be an optimist but we are going to put a serious beat down on the coots.

This is back to the days when Clemson was the coots'...

Nov 17, 2019, 11:05 AM

bowl game. Again Clemson becomes slumlords and must go to Cootville and collect a year's worth of rent.

That's all this amounts to. Nothing complicated and little resistance because they will pay like a crackho, with their azses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 12:02 PM

Like I said about the Wake game. It will only be close at the coin toss.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a thought--if you hate something maybe you shouldn't

Nov 17, 2019, 12:08 PM

do it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,506
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic