Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nutt burns Freeze
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 5,127

Nutt burns Freeze

Jul 12, 2017, 10:24 PM

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/houston-nutt-buries-hugh-freeze-new-lawsuit/

Ole #### going down!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nutt burns Freeze

Jul 12, 2017, 10:40 PM

Topic sounds painful!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 10:42 PM

So does the lawsuit!

Reminds me never to visit Antarctica.***

Jul 12, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Nutt burns Freeze ]

Jul 13, 2017, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Nutt burns Freeze ]

No Nutts freezing in this HEAT!

Hugh can't get Nutt off his back

Jul 12, 2017, 10:44 PM

js

2016 signees should be given release by NCAA

Jul 12, 2017, 10:55 PM

similar to that given to the Penn State players after pedogate.

Of course, then who would pay their bills?

Oh yeah. I want to bring on board a bunch of players who

Jul 12, 2017, 11:20 PM

took bribes to sign with Ole Miss.

What about the parents too...

Jul 12, 2017, 11:44 PM

...*cough, Robert Nkemdiche's dad,....*cough, cough!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 12:12 AM

And people criticized the Hood for sensational headlines...

Jul 13, 2017, 1:36 AM

Wow, that's pretty strong. It may spell the end for Freeze since his phone was checked, and his conversations with reporters directly coincided with those reporters citing "sources" that Houston Nutt was the one being investigated for this, not Hugh Freeze. It's extremely deceitful and, as was noted in the article, will surely lead to some interesting questions tomorrow at Freeze's SEC Media Days press conference.

Jul 13, 2017, 1:55 AM

Freeze has been talked about for a while in the same sentence with " scandals " as far as I can remember.

Jul 13, 2017, 11:02 AM

Very true. And a lot of times we've heard of Evidence X as the nail in Freeze's coffin, but he continues to survive. It looks like the Ole Miss administration and big boosters have decided they're going to ride this one all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

Jul 13, 2017, 6:48 AM

Two things will forever seal a fate:
1. Time stamps...they're on everything...phones, doors, printers/copiers/computers...etc.
2. Printers - ALL printers have a unique 'fingerprint', if you will and, if on a network, a time-stamp of the print job and who made the print. So, even post-print, there's a fingerprint and a time-stamp to correlate.

Ole Miss is as screwed as the NCAA member institutions choose them to be. Houston did his homework, too. In fact, he did the homework the NCAA has apparently been to bloody lazy or incompetent to do...rather like UNCheat. Makes you wonder how the heck SMU was ever caught!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 7:03 AM

nice poast!+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.***

Jul 13, 2017, 7:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 13, 2017, 7:33 AM

Talk about a rock and a hard place, albeit, extremely deserved. Either they settle with Nutt out of court, which would be tantamount to admitting without having to actually say it that Nutt was right or they try to fight him in court. If this goes to court it opens Ole Miss and co. up to depositions under oath. I'm sure the NCAA would just love to get a hold of those.

I still think it's weird how they have vehemently stood by Freeze. My person take is they know if they let Freeze go he'll spill his guts to the NCAA and make it worse for Ole Miss than it already is.

Seems like the only way out of this new quandary is going to be pay Nutt out the nose so that they don't have to go to court and hope the NCAA doesn't drop the hammer.

I don't believe in karma, but this makes you wonder. Couldn't have happened to a more well deserving school.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree that Nutt is clearly bearing a grudge...

Jul 13, 2017, 8:31 AM

it also seems pretty clear there was a deliberate and calculated effort by Ole Miss to wrongly blame Nutt for the Rebels NCAA violations for the sole purpose of saving its highly rated 2016 recruiting class.

Ole Miss was a perennial doormat until HF started paying players, recruits, and the parents of players and recruits. It's no coincidence that Ole Miss' customary mediocre recruiting returned to normal once the NCAA starting investigation and the money stopped flowing.

Ole Miss fans are clearly in denial. They sound almost as ignorant and deluded as $CU fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: While I agree that Nutt is clearly bearing a grudge...

Jul 13, 2017, 8:40 AM

How do we sic Nutt on UNC?

Re: the latter of whom would admit to being paid by the

Jul 13, 2017, 9:52 AM

- the latter of whom would admit to being paid by the school at his draft day press conference in the wake of the release of a video of him smoking pot in a gas mask.

Says it all there -

I hate it when that happens***

Jul 13, 2017, 11:09 AM

Jul 13, 2017, 11:27 AM

It specifically mentions Robert Nkemdiche and two others in the law suit. We always said money was involved

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jul 13, 2017, 11:50 AM

> It specifically mentions Robert Nkemdiche and two
> others in the law suit. We always said money was
> involved

The two others almost certainly were - and I haven't even bothered to check - WR Laquon Treadwell, and OT Laremy Tunsil.

Treadwell was the #1 WR in the country, and he was from Indiana. He drove past about 25 better schools to go play for Ole Miss.

Tunsil was from Florida, and again, did the same. All for a college team a thousand miles from home that had gone 4-7 the prior year.

No, no, no. There's red flags in recruiting, and then there's red flags screaming bloody murder with flashing disco lights. This was the latter case, and it was in-your-face blatant.

The hard and sad fact, though, is that Georgia is going as Wild West right now as Ole Miss ever did, and they aren't even being subtle about it either. And Alabama and FSU have always been dirty as sin. Ditto for most of the other SEC schools (except Vandy), but for whatever reason Mississippi State (under Jackie Sherrill) and now Ole Miss seem to be the only ones who the NCAA is willing to hit lately and Ole Miss kinda got served up to the NCAA on a plate when Laremy Tunsil confessed to taking payouts to the media on Draft Day last year. Which made it kinda hard to just, you know, shovel under the rug.

I just hope they finally come in for UGA. It's about 30 years overdue and this cowboy stuff that Kirby Smart is pulling is getting past tiresome already.

Jul 13, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Nutt burns Freeze ]

Money...it's the Nigerian way! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 3:56 PM

This is Great news. Though not unexpected...Should help some this recruiting cycle too, Ross come on down!

Replies: 24
| visibility 5,127
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic