Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
since there are no Tigers on either Super Bowl team... is it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

since there are no Tigers on either Super Bowl team... is it

Jan 25, 2016, 11:51 AM

time to really start questioning the "long term" plan and direction of this staff? Sure, we had a great season, but kids want to play at the highest level. It's gotta hurt recruiting to not be able to say... "see, we put guys in the Super Bowl".

Is there a correlation between this and the continual offers to kids that don't have offers from anywhere else?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: since there are no Tigers on either Super Bowl team... is it

Jan 25, 2016, 11:52 AM

Crappy teams get first picks

Jan 25, 2016, 11:56 AM

^THIS ^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

well, there are 7 rounds plus free agency.***

Jan 25, 2016, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: since there are no Tigers on either Super Bowl team... is it ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i like watching...

Jan 25, 2016, 11:58 AM

college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just gotta say.. it's this kind of stuff that makes me

Jan 25, 2016, 11:59 AM

reconsider my IPTAY membership

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

promise to share the impassioned letter you send when

Jan 25, 2016, 12:05 PM

you end it all?

Re: i just gotta say.. it's this kind of stuff that makes me

Jan 25, 2016, 12:09 PM [ in reply to i just gotta say.. it's this kind of stuff that makes me ]

They will surely miss your twenty five dollars.

just the tip

Jan 25, 2016, 12:13 PM

of the iceberg?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18881415#18881415

Has IPTAY declared bankruptcy yet?***

Jan 25, 2016, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

maybe we should give them a few days to grieve first?***

Jan 25, 2016, 12:25 PM

Rare props to 117 in that thread for calling out the bull

Jan 25, 2016, 12:26 PM

shat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 25, 2016, 11:59 AM

It's because we play in the ACC and the speed is limited. Every once in a while we get an outlier like Sammy, but Super Bowl teams aren't just filled with a bunch of slow players.

I hadn't thought of that.. great point...

Jan 25, 2016, 12:00 PM

Re: I hadn't thought of that.. great point...

Jan 25, 2016, 12:01 PM

He's going to have to start doing his part in bringing some dedgum athletes to the ACC. If we can change the perception of Clemson as being a slow team, it opens the doors for Super Bowl appearances down the road.

This is just my opinion. I'm sure there are some who may disagree.

Yes we need SEC type speed like the Citadel evidently has..

Jan 25, 2016, 12:08 PM

Idiot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Name calling isn't nice***

Jan 25, 2016, 12:10 PM

Re: Yes we need SEC type speed like the Citadel evidently has..

Jan 25, 2016, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Yes we need SEC type speed like the Citadel evidently has.. ]

Well let me ask you this, smart guy.

If the Citadel can get fast players like that, why can't we? No need to attack me when I'm just contributing to the discussion.

No, it's not an ACC thing, there are plenty of ACC

Jan 25, 2016, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: since there are no Tigers on either Super Bowl team... is it ]

players that made the Super Bowl. He!l even a GT wide receiver made it.

Re: No, it's not an ACC thing, there are plenty of ACC

Jan 25, 2016, 12:04 PM

I think Thomas was a freshman when Calvin Johnson was a senior.

The real question is how do we get some top WR talent to mentor the younger guys when they come in? Create something of a pipeline--- except to the NFL, the pipeline is to the SuperBowl.

Maybe Mike Williams could start a mentoring program

Jan 25, 2016, 12:09 PM

He could call it Big Brothers WRU Mentoring Program.

We need to overcome this embarrassing stat line of 0 in the Super Bowl. I mean, even Coastal Carolina has multiple guys headed to SB50.

Re: Maybe Mike Williams could start a mentoring program

Jan 25, 2016, 12:19 PM

Well I think that says something about our QB talent development. I love what Tajh did for our program, but he didn't do anyone any favors by not making the Panthers or Broncos practice squads. At least then there's the chance that he can campaign for one of his fellow Clemson players to share in the riches.

If Tajh had made the Broncos, for example, then Brock Osweiler would have never been the backup. Payton goes down, Tajh starts, the Broncos get word that "hey, Sammy aint happy in Buffalo". Next thing you know, Sammy's on a plane to the Mile "High" City, starts catching bombs from Tajh and in 6 weeks time the two of them are riding the Broncos defense all the way to a humiliating defeat of Scam Newton and the bandwagon Panthers.

At some point, someone has to take hold and say "You know what, we're Tigers and we're gonna make this happen."

But his name wasn't Calvin Johnson

Jan 25, 2016, 12:04 PM [ in reply to No, it's not an ACC thing, there are plenty of ACC ]

:(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: No, it's not an ACC thing, there are plenty of ACC

Jan 25, 2016, 12:10 PM [ in reply to No, it's not an ACC thing, there are plenty of ACC ]

let's hope someone woke this morning worried about their job.

Clemson should move to the MAC, that conference

Jan 25, 2016, 12:13 PM

apparently sucks

the grey cup is in november, maybe clemson will represent?***

Jan 25, 2016, 12:20 PM

gotta say, the troll hit an all time low with this one***

Jan 25, 2016, 12:20 PM

He's definitely a goal-oriented person...

Jan 25, 2016, 12:25 PM

I wood expect him to reach new all-time lows at least 4-5 times in 2016.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Good point. Maybe Batson's conditioning didn't prepare them

Jan 25, 2016, 12:28 PM

nm

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic