Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, depressing morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 361

Well, depressing morning

Sep 18, 2020, 7:57 AM

We have completed the selection process for 2021 Practice Rounds and Daily Tournament tickets and regret your application was not selected for tickets.

Be sure to visit masters.com in June 2021 for details regarding the ticket application process for the 2022 Masters.

Thank you for your continued interest in the Masters.

Sincerely,

Credentials Committee
Masters Tournament

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crap, I don’t even want to go look at email!

Sep 18, 2020, 7:59 AM

Masters lottery went downhill when they let all the yanquis sign up ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had two badges from 2004-2010

Sep 18, 2020, 8:06 AM

Once hooked, there’s no hope!

Pretty much from 1979 to 2010 I had 2 for one day

Sep 18, 2020, 8:11 AM

usually Friday which was my favorite day to go - you have a leader board and all the golfers are still playing.

Then the man who was giving me the badges died - no more badges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here, but I had them all 4 days

Sep 18, 2020, 8:15 AM

Took customers, family, let others use them occasionally.....

You folks are like

Sep 18, 2020, 8:02 AM

someone who can’t leave an abusive relationship

Ts & Ps

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Man, I miss the old days......

Sep 18, 2020, 8:21 AM

My grandfather started getting 4 badges in the 50's. He was in sales at BASF and would use them to entertain customers. Sometime in the late 70's, his secretary forgot to send in the application, and they cut him down to two badges (no clue if she got fired or not).

I would go with him or my dad for at least one round throughout the 80's, but my Dad never got on the waiting list himself (or signed me up for it) because he assumed my grandfather's badges would convey.

Late 80's/early 90's, I was in high school and still hitting a couple rounds each year, and we would always skip class one day to for a practice round, which was as easy as showing up and paying your $15.

Mid-90's, which I regret the most, a good friend got into ticket-scalping on a large scale, and since my grandfather was too old to go and my Dad not interested, He'd give me $5k for all 4 days. I'd pay every penny of that and more back to go back and go to those rounds with my other grandfather, which was an option then and I hate that I chose money over that experience.

Late 90's, my grandfather became ill....we figured that we'd have a few years that I could order badges and write a check for them (we share the same name) after he'd passed but before they caught on, but nope, when he passed in 1999 we had a letter from Augusta National within 2 weeks offering their condolences and regretting to tell us that badges wouldn't convey.

It was extra special when I did hit the lottery in 2018, but it still wasn't quite the same, with the new entrances to the club and crowds on a level I'd never seen in the old days, but it was special nonetheless. I'll might never get selected again, but I'll keep entering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didnt get that email. Must mean i have tickets***

Sep 18, 2020, 8:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that too so just checked account.

Sep 18, 2020, 8:52 AM

Nope, it just meant I hadn't gotten the e-mail yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^thinks the Masters will allow patrons in 2021^^^***

Sep 18, 2020, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do they REALLY regret your application was not selected?

Sep 18, 2020, 9:43 AM

I don't think they do.

RIOT! LOOT!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave up since trying every year for the last...

Sep 18, 2020, 11:52 AM

26 years. Tired of that email.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish more people had this attitude.

Sep 18, 2020, 9:11 PM

:)

Replies: 12
| visibility 361
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic