Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I had this thought this morning...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 312

I had this thought this morning...

Nov 14, 2019, 6:27 AM

We are blessed to live in the United States of America.

I've seen this impeachment process referred to as an embarrassment, a witch hunt, a sham. But there are a lot of people out there who are living in places where, when a political faction doesn't like what a leader is doing, people die. Leaders are assassinated. Dictators are swapped out for other dictators.

In America, this is just about the worst thing that can happen in our government, in terms of people being displeased with a leader. And what is it? People sitting in a room, calling each other "sir" and "ma'am," asking questions, and maybe grandstanding a little in the process.

We are blessed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't we be more blessed if the dems voted on...

Nov 14, 2019, 6:46 AM

the USMCA trade agreement and tried to get along with a lawfully elected president who is doing exactly what got him elected to do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The House of Representatives is doing their

Nov 14, 2019, 6:56 AM

constitutional duties, one of which is impeachment, another of which is making law.

I do hope they do this as expeditiously as possible, and also don't neglect their other duties in the process.

To be clear, I think you presented a false choice.

Nov 14, 2019, 6:59 AM

Voting on trade agreements and impeachment inquires are not mutually exclusive. I would like for the House to do both. (I don't know anything about the trade agreement, but I trust you are correct that it an important thing.)

No, you probably haven't heard much about it because...

Nov 14, 2019, 7:38 AM

the MSM refuses to cover any issue which they can't spin to damage Trump. Any reasonable person will notice that about 95% of the media is Trump negative.

I stopped at the ALDI gro store on Whitehorse Rd to pick up a few things. As I checked out the young Latino girl noted the price of a gal of milk, '$1.92,' she said, 'that would cost 5-6 dollars in my country.

The USMCA was being negotiated with Mexico at the time and I told her I was sure that the tariffs Mexico put on American products would be much lower when the bill is signed. I was thinking about the poor in Mexico who have children which love milk and how they might view milk like our kids view their favorite drinks.

Signing that bill into law might help the Mexican people as much as it helps US residents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know about the USMCA trade agreement?

Nov 14, 2019, 7:48 AM

It's a serious question. In what places have you read about it? I'd like to see more non-impeachment-related stuff, but it is hard to find. As you know, the Fox News site is just as wrapped up in the impeachment, though on the opposite side of it.

Be specific and don't quit until you hear both sides.

Nov 14, 2019, 7:53 AM

Searching with terms like 'What do dems think if USMCA,' and 'does USMCA help Mexico,' Does it help Canada,' and 'How does the USMCA help America?'

Since all it needs is a vote in the house I believe your news sources have let you down. I learned long ago that one source in this political climate will leave you ignorant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States%E2%80%93Mexico%E2%80%93Canada_Agreement

This is where we disagree, Prod

Nov 14, 2019, 8:04 AM [ in reply to The House of Representatives is doing their ]

They also have a constitutional duty NOT to impeach when their is no evidence. If there was evidence, the Dems should not hesitate to have the whistleblower questioned behind closed doors.
The Dems also have a constitutional duty to conduct the affairs of this body as the majority party, but they refuse to give the President any form of a legislative win...

I will agree with most of what you said...

Nov 14, 2019, 8:08 AM

And I will go even further on one bit. They have a constitutional duty to NOT impeach when there is *not enough* evidence. Not just when there is *no* evidence. In this case, I think we can all agree there is evidence of the President possibly doing something improper; it's just a question of there being enough to justify impeachment.

I will disagree with you, in that I don't think the whistleblower has anything to do with there being evidence or not in this impeachment inquiry. Once the call transcript was released, it completely eliminated any further need from the whistleblower.

Re: Wouldn't we be more blessed if McConnell would quit

Nov 14, 2019, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Wouldn't we be more blessed if the dems voted on... ]

stalling all the bills sent to the senate by the house

The concept is that the senate and house will negotiate...

Nov 14, 2019, 7:29 AM

with the POTUS to pass legislation. Congress and the POTUS seem so far apart on a starting point that nothing gets done.

You made you point, it takes two to cooperate but as far as any of us knows the USMCA has satisfied Pelosi yet she's refusing to bring it up for a vote. Imo, if the POTUS isn't going to sign a bill there's no reason for the senate to hold a vote.

Middle school name calling & hostile rhetoric could be _

Nov 14, 2019, 8:36 AM

limiting meaningful negotiations.

Kind of like starting every discussion with “Jane you ignorant slut ....”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know my business would benefit if trump would pass an

Nov 14, 2019, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Wouldn't we be more blessed if the dems voted on... ]

infrastructure bill. But he refuses to work with Democrats until they stop investigating him. Instead of doing his job and ignoring it and continuing to do his job, he instead is consumed by it.

This impeachment is great for Trump- not only does it turn voters away from the Dem party, it’s also a great excuse for not getting anything done. He wasn’t participating in any infrastructure talks before this started, because he’s a whiny child, but now that impeachment is happening he has a great excuse and someone else to blame.

Well, that didn't take long.

Nov 14, 2019, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Wouldn't we be more blessed if the dems voted on... ]

Strong golf clap for taking Prod's optimistic, bipartisan, and thoughtful post and turning it into partisan drivel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

He wasn’t elected to call on leaders in other countries

Nov 14, 2019, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Wouldn't we be more blessed if the dems voted on... ]

to dig up dirt on political opponents in the U.S.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had this thought this morning...

Nov 14, 2019, 7:19 AM

cant say it makes me happy to see us in this place.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, this is not a good thing

Nov 14, 2019, 7:21 AM

I'm not happy it's happening either, and it is somewhat of a bad mark on our country. But I'm just thinking how much worse it could be, if we didn't live in a country with such a marvelous system of government and a tradition of democratic ideals.

2BLEST2BIMPEACHT***

Nov 14, 2019, 7:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2BLEST2BIMPEACHT***

Nov 14, 2019, 7:54 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 312
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic