Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I had my first bout with Vertigo Saturday morning at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 2,734

I had my first bout with Vertigo Saturday morning at

Mar 1, 2016, 1:56 PM

3:30 and it lasted around 24 hours. One of the worst days in my life. Even though my head was spinning 900 mphs, and I felt nauseated, I still tried to find the Clemson basketball game only to realize it was on tonight. They need to win this one.

BTW...my heart goes out to those who have severe cases of Vertigo. I hope this was my first and last episode.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, i feel for you. My first one was a year ago.

Mar 1, 2016, 2:07 PM

My walking is still affected by it. Therapy helped some.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, i feel for you. My first one was a year ago.

Mar 1, 2016, 2:17 PM

Good luck to both of you. I had several bouts of it between 98 and 02. Finally determined it was blood pressure. The first one I had, I thought it was a stroke and I was done for. It only lasted couple hours. I always thought it could be overcome by will, but no way. Someone who has it constantly is truly debilitated.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had my first bout with Vertigo Saturday morning at

Mar 1, 2016, 2:11 PM

My mom had that one time. She couldn't get out of bed for a week. Crazy stuff that can hit you at any moment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

What is it about...

Mar 1, 2016, 2:33 PM

vertigo and Saturday mornings?? I had a bout of vertigo on Saturday morning, Feb. 20. I had the tell-tale momentary sway of dizziness early that morning, but I got over it after a few seconds. It hit me again in the shower about an hour later, this time for about 10 seconds. It passed again, and I got dressed and got in the car to go vote. Then it hit again, big time. Fortunately I was just a block or two from the polling place and was able to get there, park, and call my wife before I was leaning out the car door puking my guts out. By the time they got me home I was dry-heaving so hard I could hardly breathe. Called my doc, got a scrip for Antivert. Took 1. The vertigo lasted about 3 hours, then it was gone as abruptly as it came. I drove back to the polling place and voted later that afternoon.

This was my second time dealing with vertigo. I had a few dizzy aftershocks in the next few days, but no more intense nausea. The first time I got it in my life was about 17 years ago, and it hit me at work. That's another story for another day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is it about...

Mar 1, 2016, 2:35 PM

You were dedicated to voting for trump huh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Mar 1, 2016, 2:40 PM

I didn't vote for a career criminal hag or a slovenly ex-hippie brain-dead communist either, in case you're interested.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope

Mar 1, 2016, 2:42 PM

I had it about a month ago - lasted for the better part of a

Mar 1, 2016, 2:47 PM

day. Woke up about 5:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom when it hit. Had to crawl back to bed. Aside from feeling nauseated, I was fine as long as I kept my head perfectly still; the slightest movement would start everything spinning. It was pure ####. There is no "manning up" and fighting through it; it is totally debilitating.

Good thing for you that the basketball was not last night!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 1, 2016, 3:02 PM

> I hope this was my first and last
> episode.

Most people that get it tend to have it reoccur at some point but I hope your one of
those that don't!!

I have it a few times a year and have been for about 15 years now. Usually 2-3 each time. Some instances are worse than others but it's never fun. I learned how to do the Epley Maneuver a couple of years ago and that has really helped.

Mar 1, 2016, 3:03 PM

> Usually 2-3 each time.

* usually lasts 2-3 days each time.

Mar 1, 2016, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I had my first bout with Vertigo Saturday morning at ]

I'll look up the Epley Maneuver. I'm still a little unstable but I'm doing fine. Going to the dr. tomorrow just to see if it is something else or there is something I can do different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Physical therapy may help. Some pt's specialize in vertigo

Mar 1, 2016, 3:10 PM

and balance issues...I know people that have had great success with therapy.

Re: Physical therapy may help. Some pt's specialize in vertigo

Mar 1, 2016, 3:16 PM

Thanks.

BTW....I play with your ball sometimes...golf ball that is. ;)

have the Dr. Check your ears. Mine came from stopped up

Mar 1, 2016, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I had my first bout with Vertigo Saturday morning at ]

Eustacian tubes caused by ear infection and allergies.

Message was edited by: dtnickles®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: have the Dr. Check your ears. Mine came from stopped up

Mar 2, 2016, 8:03 AM

thanks....heading to the Dr. this afternoon. Hope this is all.

How about feeling like you have to hold onto the bed even

Mar 1, 2016, 4:16 PM

when laying down on it to keep from falling off the edge? Only ever had it once many years ago, do not ever wish it on me or anyone else again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about feeling like you have to hold onto the bed even

Mar 1, 2016, 4:59 PM

Try the vestibular exercises. They quickly cured my wife's veritgo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about feeling like you have to hold onto the bed even

Mar 1, 2016, 5:19 PM

I have been dealing with that since the early 70's. Sometimes it last only a day, but often it will go for 3-5 days. Really sucks when it happens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2016, 5:44 PM

I completely feel your pain... I had the worst Vertigo a few years back, was given meds (that didn't work) and it lasted for almost a week straight until... The Epley maneuver was performed at the ER one night when it got unbearable. You MUST try this, get someone to help you. In my case (and in most), a calcium deposit (like a granule of sand) is lodged in the inner ear, causing all the symptoms of vertigo. The Epley maneuver works to dislodge the deposit. I felt a pop then immediate relief. It has never come back. Please give this a go ASAP:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ja-0DHpBfqk

I hope you feel better!

good lord

Mar 1, 2016, 5:55 PM

####. you have had to deal with a ton. hope you're feeling better man

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: good lord

Mar 2, 2016, 8:06 AM

it is all in the part of life. I still love my life and smile more than most. I know my problems are dwarfed by many on here.

I get 2-3 bouts of it every year

Mar 2, 2016, 11:57 AM

I wont even realize until I step out of bed and find myself on the floor and the room is spinning like a top.

They last me about a day or so. Incapacitating to say the least, my wife just thinks I am trying to take a day off when it happens.

For me, I think its how my head is elevated during the night, if it gets off the pillow on the wrong angle I believe it triggers my bouts.

Hope you don't have to go through it again.

Try this. It really helps.

Mar 2, 2016, 7:55 PM

It's called the half-somersault. It's similar to the Epley maneuver, but you can do it at home. First link gives good background, second link shows you how to do it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/science/an-easy-fix-for-vertigo.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage®ion=CColumn&module=MostEmailed&version=Full&src=me&WT.nav=MostEmailed

https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/337947

Y'all all sound old . . .

Mar 2, 2016, 8:07 PM

are y'all old ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Y'all all sound old . . .

Mar 2, 2016, 10:50 PM

Within the inner ear, there's a little pouch called the utricle that contains about 1,000 little pebbles made of calcium carbonate.

The tiny rocks serve an important purpose: They stimulate nerve cells when we move our heads — and send signals to our brain that guide our sense of up and down. Approximately 20% of all vertigo cases involve these "rocks" of calcium carbonate falling into the inner ear canals which confuse the brain and mess up one's equilibrium. It can happen at any age! Mine happened at 24 years old. There's no way to prevent it.

It's now a matter of time

Mar 2, 2016, 11:05 PM

Could be now, one month or 10 years; but you will lose hearing in the problem ear. Oh, and you will have constant ringing.

Get well soon ####!!!!!!***

Mar 3, 2016, 12:37 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 2,734
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic