Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry, but Dabo's approach is wrong ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Sorry, but Dabo's approach is wrong ...

Jun 6, 2012, 12:15 PM

Our competition for recruits:

UGA
USUCK
FLA
BAMA
FSU

are already 3/4 full ... the remaining big fish are going to get pressured by these schools to commit before there is no space left.

Then we'll be left battling ECU, Louisville, and Memphis for kids.

Its better to lose 1 or 2 than it is to get a reputation.

Dont know bout you, but I'd like to have Marlin Lane right about now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since his job depends on what recruits he gets and given he

Jun 6, 2012, 12:20 PM

has had great success in this area in the past, I believe he knows much more about this than you. Just my guess!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

His approach brought in back to back top ten classes***

Jun 6, 2012, 12:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st that top 10 stuff is not true. 2nd it's easier to get

Jun 6, 2012, 1:38 PM

good classes when you first get the job and you're selling yourself and your vision. Recruiting starts getting a LOT harder when you've got a record to run on and a few years under your belt. Especially when in 3 years you have a losing season, followed by a season with several beat downs and the OB fiasco. Not to mention constant turnover with the staff.

These kids aren't geniuses, but they are smart enough to see what's going on and want to play for a winner.

As far as the ACC title goes, you think our main competitors in the SEC aren't showing kids the RPI rankings? You know, those rankings that show the SEC #1 with the ACC #6 and the ACC champ coming off an OB smack down versus a team from the #7 RPI conference.

Dabo is like Obama. Got the job based on emotions and big promises. Now, however, they are running on their records, which aren't too good.

You don't keep having top 15 recruiting classes unless you start looking like a contender on the national scene.

Winning a weak ACC, not finishing consistently inside the top 25, repeatedly losing to your in state SEC rival, constantly losing bowl games, constantly making key staff changes, etc. have a negative effect on recruiting.

The reason TB'S recruiting got much better his last 4 years was because we finally had the new facilities. But those are in place now and enthusiasm only goes so far. After a few years coaches have to show some serious improvement or kids stop buying the hype and rhetoric. Unless Dabo starts doing some serious winning and starts beating some top 25 teams, his job is going to get a lot harder, including recruiting.

From what I've seen, Dabo doesn't handle stress very well. He let's his emotions get carried away. That's only going to get worse, especially if he keeps losing to Spurrier. If Dabo loses to USC again this year, 2013 will be make or break. And I'm not talking another weak ACC title, I'm talking beat USC and finish in the top 20 if not top 10. I just can't see a coach at Clemson keeping his job with 5 loses in a row to USC. And I got news for you folks, we are looking at 0-4 vs. USC with Dabo as "official" head coach.

Re: 1st that top 10 stuff is not true. 2nd it's easier to get

Jun 6, 2012, 2:04 PM

spot on post

Re: 1st that top 10 stuff is not true. 2nd it's easier to ge

Jun 6, 2012, 4:52 PM

I commend Dabo for trying to teach these kids the value of their given word, but on the flip side, we should not be hosting kids who have committed elsewhere. That is being two-faced anyway you spin it. Some of you folks would have felt right at home in Jonestown, circa 1978, guzzling that kool-aid. My problem with Dabo is not recruiting, he's done a fine job with that. I would prefer that he would TCB better on the field in the games, and give that mouth a rest for awhile with the media, instead of freely supplying bulletin board material for our opponents.

RE: Easier to get

Jun 6, 2012, 2:52 PM [ in reply to 1st that top 10 stuff is not true. 2nd it's easier to get ]

1. While Clemson may be a "second Tier" school as viewed by the National Media and in literal student body size, Clemson's Fan base is Top tier and second to none in stadium loyalty. At least as far as the Football program Clemson is Top Tier. More so some years than others.
2. Dabo is correct in knowing those young heads full of mush are going to be screwed up by schools that even if they can't steal them from Clemson would attempt to mess with their heads. Discouraging visits after commitment is a very sound discision.
3. You are correct in stating Clemson Fans have never shown a tremendous amount of patience with any HC, but that is a given with a Fan base that lives and breathes Orange.
4. The best Clemson Fans could do is drop the discussion of the Big 12. I agree that is only going to confuse Recruits. Phillips has confirmed we are ACC for the forseeable future. We need to get behind the ACC regardless of RPI rankings. Rankings only mean so much. Besides Clemson has never claimed to be top tier in anything other than Football, and while Football has the Lions share of the Athletics at Clemson, the directors have to look at the big picture.
5. The facilites are still improving; wait till you get a load of the new indoor practice facility.

Unless Dabo starts beating USC, other top 25 teams, stops

Jun 6, 2012, 4:58 PM

getting blown out several times a year, and starts looking good in some bowl games his job is going to get more and more difficult. Actually if he doesn't start doing those things his recruiting will be a moot point b/c he will no longer be at Clemson. He has 2 more seasons to show serious improvement then his seat is going to get red hot.

AGAIN, we do NOT play Souther Cal. Sorry but the coots wil

Jun 6, 2012, 10:33 PM

NEVER be mentioned in the same breath with Southern Cal except by coot fans. So?

Dabo's Tigers won 3 (you can count them on one hand in

Jun 6, 2012, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Unless Dabo starts beating USC, other top 25 teams, stops ]

case you're math challenged) - 3 top 25 teams last year (4 top 25 wins total), 3 of them during a stretch that no other ACC team has accomplished in the history of the league. Not that that's the end-all be-all moment of Eureka, but when you decide to turn up the volume on your broken record, at least touch base with reality before doing so. And if I'm not mistaken, those victories were actually against top 15 teams at the time. I know the introduction of factual data and such may be confusing at times for a man on a hate mission, but it is what it is.

He beat your beloved Spurrier his first time out, and he's replaced the strategist behind our weakest coaching link.

Hate on, Orange brother. Hate on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.....Revisionist historians are rampant in here....***

Jun 7, 2012, 12:17 AM

FACTS to Faddy are like fire to ice.***

Jun 7, 2012, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Dabo's Tigers won 3 (you can count them on one hand in ]

We've already shown "serious" improvement..

Jun 7, 2012, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Unless Dabo starts beating USC, other top 25 teams, stops ]

And it's on the slope upward. Geez, it's smacking you in the face Faddy. You need to see the list, again?

Go back to your hole. Slither now, no-knees. Boar crossing.***

Jun 6, 2012, 8:48 PM [ in reply to 1st that top 10 stuff is not true. 2nd it's easier to get ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, Faddy, too bad none of our FR and SO have panned out..

Jun 7, 2012, 12:45 AM [ in reply to 1st that top 10 stuff is not true. 2nd it's easier to get ]

LOL. In reality, it's a growing monster. And deep down it kills you. We just came off our best season in two decades, and it's comical to watch you try and minimize it. The fact is we had that most successful season in 20 years, with the most true and RS freshmen in the United States.

Plus, deep down you know Sack's crooked program is only built for the short term. The clock is ticking, and the fact is it's already passed 12:00. No wonder you live your life in such a twisted dream world.

Re: Sorry, but Dabo's approach is wrong ...

Jun 6, 2012, 12:21 PM

Until it's proven otherwise, I like our chances w/Dabo and Jeff Scott and Co. in recruiting.

Jun 6, 2012, 12:25 PM

For all we know Clemson could have 10 guys who have decided Clemson is where they will go to school but have not committed because Dabo told them to be sure. Just because they are not committed doesn't mean they are not coming to Clemson. Dabo's approach has worked so far.

null

well hopefully the kid will learn a thing or 2 about

Jun 6, 2012, 12:29 PM

commitment- sounds like the head coach might not be too happy with his asst running his mouth on twitter-- that guy would be seriously disciplined and banned from twitter if I was the head coach.

our recruiting under Dabo speaks for itself and we'll easily land another kid as good as or better than McDonald that IS committed to Clemson.

My only concern is that this kid may really want to come here and was misguided by his ####### assistant coach that told him it was no big deal for him to take visits elsewhere even though he had promised CU he wouldn't.

Jun 6, 2012, 12:49 PM

I really don't think Dabo and Co. have a problem with kids going on visits as long as they are upfront about and are 100% firm with their commitment... It's when kids lie or keep it a secret that they most likely have a problem with, and that is totally understandable.. It's kind of a test of a kids integrity... I completely agree with the approach they use, It brings in kids who truly want to be at Clemson... And that's what I want..

Has Dabo ever done anything right

Jun 6, 2012, 1:06 PM

some can find nothing good in what he does.
No one knows why things are done, because no one other than the ones involved know all the facts.
Knowing all the facts could change the views of anyone
who does not accept the fact its Dabo's job as HC to make
decisions based on facts that he has to do what he fills
is best for the Tigers
I'm all in with Dabo and will be as long as he is the HC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a new form of Haiku?

Jun 6, 2012, 1:10 PM

:)

Jun 6, 2012, 1:10 PM

good lord.

You've got is all wrong...

Jun 6, 2012, 1:29 PM

USuC has 15 commits that puts them at 50% b/c they oversign every year!
Pretty much the same for OOGA, FL and Ala
FSU is only at 10
CU is only going to sign 15-17 tops (unless more leave) this year, so currently they're at 35-40%
Geezereee, it's fricken JUNE!
CHILL!!!

These big name recruits are using colleges for free trips &

Jun 6, 2012, 1:46 PM

most of the time they know where they're going to play. Can't blame them but it's unethical in that the schools are paying out big bucks, leads school's staffs to think they actually have a chance, confuses the recruit himself, etc.

Go Dabo & TiGERs...be ethical...show & ask for some morals up front, which this world needs so badly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post...

Jun 6, 2012, 6:16 PM

I remember discussing this heavily regarding prince a few months ago and my views haven't changed.

Its very simple, if you want to commit to Clemson, we would love to have you on board, but don't waste our coaches time and our university's money if you aren't ready to do that.

Re: These big name recruits are using colleges for free trips &

Jun 6, 2012, 9:18 PM [ in reply to These big name recruits are using colleges for free trips & ]

Agreed, it's time for the NCAA to grow a pair. These kids have no concept of the word "commitment". To them it means "as of now". I say,if the kid is a senior change this whole signing date system to an open format. If you commit, then put a LOI in front of the kid to sign. But that probably makes too much sense to pass.

That was totally incoherent.***

Jun 6, 2012, 2:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lane had some off the field issues...............

Jun 6, 2012, 2:54 PM

I don't think you really meant that unless you are one of those that think Sammy is okay to play without a suspension.

I guess you should be our next Recruiting Coordinator!

Jun 6, 2012, 8:45 PM

That is all!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He obviously was looking for a reason to slough him off.***

Jun 6, 2012, 10:40 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic