Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Oct 10, 2008, 12:54 PM

The latest post on Mickey Plyler's Blog sponsored by Tom Winkopp.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If something happens I sincerly hope its at noon in DV

Oct 10, 2008, 12:58 PM

involves TDP and Barker and is in the bright hot sunshine. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That'll give TB time

Oct 10, 2008, 1:54 PM

to get out on the lake on his jet-ski that we all paid for.

Can you 'consider a source' that you don't know... or is he

Oct 10, 2008, 1:55 PM

saying HE is the course?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer

Oct 10, 2008, 2:03 PM

"At this point it would not surprise me if they do something this afternoon or later this weekend. It also would not surprise me if they waited until after the season"

Thanks for the scoop. 50% chance of rain today, either way the weatherman's right.

Oct 10, 2008, 3:17 PM

How do you blame Bowden for having an inexperienced O-line that was further decimated by injuries? The greatest backs in history couldn't run behind a line like that. I'm no fan of Clemson, but I do know the man has had his team bowl eligible pretty much every year that he's been there. He's averaged 7-8 wins a year and holds a 7-2 record over his rival. Do you believe that another coach won't ever lose to another team? Oh, I forgot y'all are Clemson ..you're better than that. No you're not! Even if it is time for a change there's no excuse for the nasty and childish comments and post on this board about Bowden. What goes around comes around.

Oct 10, 2008, 3:20 PM

Cardiac...it's obvious that you are not a Clemson fan...so butt out!!!

Oct 10, 2008, 11:07 PM

always note that when the enemy wants you to keep your coach, it is definitely time to get rid of him.

Oct 10, 2008, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer ]

I got news for you. Its here! Shish! Do we blame Bowden for having an in-experienced O-line? UUUUUUH Yes. He is responsible for recruiting last time I checked.

Look, these issues in one way or another have been a part of the program since he got here. He has improved many aspects of the program and we all recognize that but at the end of the day you need a football coach to coach football and thats not what he is. He is an excellent athletic administrator. Give him TDP's job, I don't care, but a good football coach he is not.

One more thing.....wins and losses are not the only issue. The manner in which you win or lose is bigger. Our basketball team went through a period where we had no talent and no true idea of where we were going on top of that. They at least played with everything that had and it was clear that they only lacked talent, something that can improve with time.

In Bowden's case we were at a point where we lacked talent and that was the "reason" for the losses. Now we have a stable of talent and they still play as if there is none. I can count how many times we have scored on actual coach driven drives via playcalling and such.

Most of our scores come on busted plays or huge individual efforts that had nothing to do with the play call. Case in point, the famous CJ run in which he juked 2 GT players....this play should have been a three yard loss, and the same goes for his long run against BC and even the USC game at home a couple years back, ALL BIG PLAYS not due to playcalling. Some superhuman effort which you can not depend on. Meanwhile teams drive up and down the field on us with simple playcalling.

Just imagine this team with an actual football coach putting them in positions to be successful not putting them in positions where they have to make superhuman plays. would be neat huh. Some lesser schools, i.e. Vandy, take average talent in some cases and drive them up and down the field. A good scheme can do that, oh and a lil heart from the top.

Try and figure a way to keep Dabo and Napier and maybe even blackwell but the rest lets replace with some proven coaches. Blackwell gets a pass because I know he wants to get away from that stinkin zone.

Just my 30 cents!

Oct 10, 2008, 3:47 PM

Mr. Cardiac, I would say a better gauge of our program's success besides 7-8 wins or a "Bowl" appearance would be how many top 20 teams we've beaten in Tommy's tenure....very few. We are not a competitive team in the BCS, nor will we ever be in we continue on this course.

Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer "Excellent Post"

Oct 10, 2008, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer ]

This one of the best post I have read. Thinks for telling like it is. To many fans are still living in the 80's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer "Excellent Post"

Oct 10, 2008, 3:58 PM

What are we staying here for a QB change?

I guess you guys (coots) are satisfied with making it to any

Oct 10, 2008, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer ]

post season bowl game. Well, that's YOUR life.

That's not how it goes here. Get the #### off our site.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Yep, that is what a chicken would say

Oct 10, 2008, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer ]

Clemson wants championships,not bowl appearances.

Oct 12, 2008, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer ]

They blame TB because they are too stupid to have a reasonable approach. Mickey Plyler is one of the worst. What a poor example of a Clemson fan

Oct 12, 2008, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer ]

May I ask who it is that you pull for, MrCardiac? Bowden may be able to go out and bring some first class recruits to Clemson. That's what he is paid to do. But, when you see the man on TV with that "deer in the headlights" look on his face and the game is only in the first quarter, i.e Alabama, you know the game is over. That's what's so heartbreaking to the Clemson fans. He wants to keep on collecting his 1.8 million annually and not make any concerted effort to improve things from a coaching perspective. He made sure that everyone at Clemson took it up the a$$ with IPTAY priority and seat-equity and all that crap for his new locker rooms and offices. If Bowden has a sense of decency and truly cares about Clemson he needs to admit that he is in over his head, be the bigger man and resign. I'm pretty sure Clemson would be more than willing to forgive the 4 million dollar buyout if he decided to walk away. The name "Bowden" doesn't have the lustre and gleam that it once had - you can ask his old man about that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2008, 5:02 PM

Here we go again, spineless Bowden not blaming the bad coaching and himself, yet blaming the players. Poor Harper can't even get the news from Bowden, he has to find out in a press conference. Spineless like his father. Korn will draw a crowd b/c people want to see him play and fans will be excited, but when this poor kid has had NO experience you are going to throw him under center in a big game. Spineless. Korn should have been given more time a long time ago that is how you develop players. The fans are restless and angry and when the bad coaching shows up in the Ga. Tech game, the fans are going to give Korn hell. Don't worry Spence, I have a proven track record too...complete anger for your terrible coaching. Way to ruin Clemson Football. Fire Tommy!

Oct 10, 2008, 5:54 PM

I agree. Terrible way to treat a senior, even if he is ineffective, he deserved to hear it one on one before it was announced. I feel sorry for Cullen. Everything wrong is not his fault.
I feel sorta sorry for Korn too. He is being put in an awful position with not much game experience. And if he doesn't deliver, who says these spineless coaches won"t say see it wasn't the QB - he can't do it either and ruin his confidence.
face it, our team is in the crapper and our staff doesn't know how to get them out.

Oct 10, 2008, 5:49 PM

"Korn Get the Nod". A last shot effort by Bowden to salvage his job. Thats what staying by the computer got us!! It sounds like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" when he deciphered the secret message then let go a string of superlatives and slamed the decoder to the floor. More Kool Ade.

Oct 10, 2008, 8:53 PM

you are dead on melly, great flick by the way.

can I quit staying near my computer now????***

Oct 10, 2008, 6:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 10, 2008, 7:35 PM

You may not like the team's performance to date and you may want the adminstration to change coaches, but this does NOT excuse the lack of class being exhibited by alleged Clemson fans on this board.
There is no reason for personal attacks - grow up.

Also, for those yearning for the pre-Bowden success, note that in the 2 coaches and 7 years before Bowden, we averaged 6.3 wins/yr, never won the ACC, and finished 5th, 6th, 7th, and tied for 8th in a pre-expansion ACC.
Also, note that with new coaches come growing pains and usually less wins for a year or two or three.

shuttie***

Oct 10, 2008, 8:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

new coach means less wins?

Oct 10, 2008, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler: Stay Near a Computer ]

oh, i didn't realize that.

sincerely,

Paul Johnson

"I'm a computer!!!"

Oct 10, 2008, 8:08 PM

"G.I. Joe!!!!!!"

Mickey Plyler? Can I leave work now?***

Oct 10, 2008, 8:16 PM

Oct 10, 2008, 9:27 PM

Bowden's gone tonight. I had a source that knows for sure that it's done. Put it this way, this source is as close to the situation as one can be. Official, he's gone as of tonight! That's all I know thus far.

Bowden's gone as of tonight

Oct 10, 2008, 9:29 PM

I learned this 45 mins ago. Put it this way, my source is as close to the situation as one could be. It's official and it's done as of tonight.

no better source than a guy with 12 posts***

Oct 10, 2008, 10:04 PM

haha, i know right***

Oct 10, 2008, 11:48 PM

who is interim head coach?***

Oct 10, 2008, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Bowden's gone as of tonight ]

I'm starting to think you might be full of $hit?!?***

Oct 11, 2008, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Bowden's gone as of tonight ]

Re: Bowden's gone as of tonight

Oct 11, 2008, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Bowden's gone as of tonight ]

So, where did he go? I don't think he will be gone even at the end of the season.

No way,TB will be fired. We are heading towards a

Oct 11, 2008, 12:55 AM

severe recession. Clemson doesn't have the money to pay Tommy Bowden.

Re: No way,TB will be fired. We are heading towards a

Oct 11, 2008, 11:50 AM

Sorry but I beg to differ with you.Even though we have not hit the textbook definition of a recession,we are in now, and have been for most of 2008, a deep finanical crisis.People are hurting and even those who formally had money to spend are now seeing a limitation on what they spend. With that said, Clemson has enough money to do whatever the University wants to do. It's because of people like you and I that the purses are fat. We give to The University and then we sit by and get treated like mushrooms.(kept in the dark and fed bull) I personally have questioned the actions of the President and the AD in particular. With the two of them renegotiating the Bowden contract last year when Bowden was already coaching at a mediocre level, leads me to the conclusion that the two of them should have their pay docked until the buyout is paid. Actually, they should be either reprimanded or terminated. I said the same about Bobby Robinson after the Danny Ford era. He was to blame for letting the Ford situation get so far out of hand that termination was the only way out. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Mickey I am so glad you have a good source...***

Oct 11, 2008, 9:05 PM

Mickey, your picture matches your story..freakin stupid!!***

Oct 11, 2008, 9:13 PM

for a $5 donation to Tigernet, you can

Oct 14, 2008, 10:18 PM

delete this self inflicted BURN!!!!!!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic